Achievements....again, since it was deleted....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molly Beth

It was broken, at one point. Gj w/ ruining the thread with a pointless argument tho'.

Broken at one point, 2 years so, but since fixed. Yet for some reason, now that Inno has FINALLY figured out that no one will play their precious Adventures because of all of the bullying and PKs and the sheer badness of the whole thing, they now what to REMOVE an achievement that players have already received, in some cases, two years ago, because someone might possibly be offended that a long time player has something ephemeral that they can't get in this dying game?

Or is this simply another case of Inno nannying us for our own good? Are players who don't want to deal with the vast amounts of rubbish involved with the current state of Adventures just supposed to stand by and watch as their achievements are stripped from them without so much as a By Your Leave? 2 YEARS!?!?!?!! How bloody incompetent do you have to be to leave a ticket open for 2 fracking years?

Nice job censoring the forum too btw...smh.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34084

Censorship... keeps the snowflakes from melting ;)
Kind of, I guess. I was trying to avoid pointless arguments :p. Since @Kidd Kalypso insisted so much on having this discussion I'll just let him explain the entire situation. I'm sure he's a qualified person and knows everything that happens around. <3

Dubjean

What we know is that lots of people whined about the achievement so it was deleted. You weren't happy with this thread so it was deleted. Folks are complaining about what is said in public chats so those may as well be deleted. Those whining don't use them except to whine about what those using them say and then report them. They can just as easily keep them closed since they don't contribute anyway. How much censorship is going to continue?

DeletedUser35101

Well i for one don't understand "grief" that was mentioned as to "having hard time to get the achievement"... cause it is one of easiest achievements to get in adventures, especially for newbie..

For start i would like to know, what was bug with this achievement?! Cause all i know that play adventures and me myself got it.
Second... isn't getting "Kenny" and "He who is without sin" much more difficult to get in adventures?! Same as it is "Sole survivor" for both ff and adventures?
Third, wasn't there already achievement that none could understand clue about it removed?! Chicken one...
SO WHY IS AN ACHIEVEMENT THAT HAS FULL DISPLAY ON HOW TO GET IT (get hit 10 times by your-own team member) REMOVED AND CLASSIFIED AS "HARD TO GET"?! When it's anything but hard to get!

Why not remove everything that is hard to get in game... hell, i been looking for 3 named items, same as many others i know for over 3 yrs now in game... lets remove it, cause we can't get it!
Lets make new world called "The West for Dummies" with guide book provided on start ofc

Diggo11

For start i would like to know, what was bug with this achievement?! Cause all i know that play adventures and me myself got it.
Second... isn't getting "Kenny" and "He who is without sin" much more difficult to get in adventures?! Same as it is "Sole survivor" for both ff and adventures?
Third, wasn't there already achievement that none could understand clue about it removed?! Chicken one...
The bug was that it was awarded for inflicting friendly fire, not receiving it, contrary to the description. It was not removed due to difficulty nor will any others, although Kenny could likewise be modified for encouraging anti-team behaviour.

DeletedUser22685

Believe me, if we really did practise censorship here, I'd love nothing than to permanently censor the exact type of crap that has been spewed forth left, right and centre in this thread. Here's a piece of advice: if you don't have access to 100% of the information on a topic, you should try asking about it nicely rather than opening with an ill-informed rant and embarrassing yourselves.

There's a few things I want to address here, the first of these being the reason the achievement was deleted. As has already been mentioned, friendly fire damage was originally not recorded and therefore the achievement was unobtainable. As was also mentioned, in the last two years it HAS been possible to obtain the achievement, but that's not to say that it hasn't been broken the entire time. The achievement description, as I'm sure you're all aware, states that the achievement is awarded for taking damage from teammates. Instead, for the last two years it's been awarded for dealing damage to teammates. In simple terms, it does the exact opposite of what it's meant to do, or in even simpler terms, it's broken.

The other reason given when the decision was made was that the achievement was "questionable from a game-design view", ie. it encouraged intentionally being hit by teammates if it had worked properly or, worse, intentionally shooting teammates to obtain the broken version. And if these reasons aren't good enough for you, here's a third one of my own: who the hell cares? Are those 50 achievement points really going to keep you up at night? Sure, it could've been removed sooner, but was never exactly viewed as a high priority. I can't believe people are actually willing to kick up a stink about losing one specific, low-tier achievement which they had to play like a njub to earn in the first place, if they went for it on purpose. And if you didn't chase it on purpose, you haven't been robbed of any of your hard work.

Finally, and more importantly, please refrain from re-posting deleted content. If something has been deleted, it was done for a reason. If you have an issue with the way something has been handled, feel free to take it up with me in private, but doing so in public in this manner won't be tolerated. Believe me, if I had been online at the time things wouldn't have been allowed to reach this ridiculous point. Now my options are limited and we're left with this mess.

So here's a little more "censorship" for you. Thread locked, and please try to refrain from creating another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.