Worker vs Adventurer

DeletedUser38602

Hey there gents, how are you doing today?

I decided to come back to The West (for the 4th time, I think?) because I was itching for some Old West-themed game (having played RDR quite a while ago probably helped to the overall interests), and in my previous runs I always went with Soldier. However, now I want to go with something that isn't that PvP-oriented. I don't really intend to duel other people, and would rather not be duelled myself. In short, I just want to mind my own business.

So, as such, Soldier is ruled out because it seems to be more fort-oriented, and Dueller is obviously out of the question. So I'm left with Adventurer and Worker. Is it really viable to remain townless and only do jobs for much of the game (something that Adventurers seem to excel at) or are you really ''forced'' into joining the MP/PvP aspect of the game sooner or later?

Thanks in advance!

PrancingPurplePony

if you don't care about some of the quests that require dueling then you can play pretty well as either. But if you want to do all the quests, you are gonna have to join a town now and then just so you can do the duels.
I play three worlds, two have townless adventurers, the other a worker that lives in a town because of the old friends there.
I prefer adventurer as you can get the two cheapest hotel rooms for free [handy when townless]. Then again workers have a lower bank fee, which is nice when you live in a town.

DeletedUser38602

I'ts not my goal to do all the quests, to be honest. Would those quests affect both classes?

fortfighter1

If you are going to remain townless, then adventure is the class for you. Free lower grade hotels and likelyhood of getting hurt is reported to decrease and likelyhood of finding items increase.

asdf124

You can choose any class in my opinion, 250 is cheap once you reach level 150.

Heck, you can even stay greenhorn for the speed bonus....

DeletedUser38602

@fortfighter1 Yeah, I ended up going Adventurer because I had reached Lv 15, and I think that you get kicked out of Greenhorn class at that level. I'm going (What I think is) pure trapper atm (except for the first five points I wasted in strength *shrug*).

@asdf124 Apparently Greenhorn ends at lv 15?

DeletedUser38602

Yeah, I noticed it only lasted until lv15, and picked Adventurer right away because I figured it'd be more interesting.

Since the question has been answered, do you know how to modify the title so it shows up as 'Answered' or 'Resolved'?