Downgrades

• Thread starter DeletedUser38497
  • Start date

DeletedUser38497

Proposal
Allow players who upgrade items to also be allowed to "Downgrade" or reverse previously upgraded items for a $$ fee or for nuggets.

Current Workaround
None

Details
Idea is pretty straight forward: Players want to undo or "downgrade" items they have once upgraded because they wish to sell the items to other players. The same system used for upgrading items can be used for downgrading them, where a player pays ingame money or nuggets to take apart an item.

This isnt very different from a shaman reskill of AP and SP, where you have the ability to "reset" your characters skills. It just uses items.

Abuse Prevention
I can not think of any loopholes, if i player wants to keep upgrading and downgrading items they will always be charged the regular upgrade/downgrade rates.

Visual Aids
No visual aids needed aside from a slight tweaking of the "upgrade" GUI, where a button for "downgrade" would be added.

Summary
Players will benefit by not feeling locked into decisions made months or years ago. Additionally its another source for nuggets to be used for relatively very little work. I personally would spend close to 350 nuggets (lets say 6 items are in a set, average cost of downgrade is 7 nuggets per item, 1 set for a lvl 1 downgraded is ~42 nuggets. I have 8 sets that come to mind that i would like to downgrade right now, not including all the other random items and sets i have upgraded) across all my worlds "downgrading" items i dont use anymore for selling them. Plenty of people I have talked to would like to be able to do the same (or more!) Doesnt even include the gun and horse sets!

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Best of my knowledge: NO

MFRavenhawk

Almost a no-brainer of an idea....no harm in it that I can see.

However, the only real use for it is to either sell items to newer/lower level players that the seller has 'outgrown' (read: found newer gear that is way better) or to make market sells for profit. Be a case of trading nuggets for game cash if downgraded thru their use, but otherwise no gain in spending game cash to downgrade unless it is an item with high market value that can recoup the cash expense of both previous upgrading and downgrading.

DeletedUser34194

Would love this, and like MFR said is almost a no-brainer. Kinda makes you wonder why it wasn't part of the initial release???

Is it possible part of the intent was to purposely reduce the number of available items?

DeletedUser38438

I agree, even if you lose one of the lower level items and only get two back

DeletedUser8807

i like this idea but instead of losing items maybe it just costs less for a downgrade because a lvl 5 is crazy expensive as is it takes 243 items to make a lvl 5 now thats more than a mil for most high lvl items but if its less to downgrade i would like this idea instead of losing on the investment....upgrading anything in life or in a game costs money but downgrading normally implies your going to be saving money...but then again loan sharks and this game isn't a loan shark...

DeletedUser38438

Just wondering if a dev could chime in and give Inno's views on this idea as it would be so handy to give townies the advantage of using better gear that just sits in my inventory unused

Pankreas PorFavor

Just wondering if a dev could chime in and give Inno's views on this idea

nope. it never happened before, it won't happen now. the best we can hope for is a vote, and if people will support this idea it will be passed on to the devs. and then they can refuse or ignore it just like they do with majority of ideas that the players supported. the number of player ideas that got implemented is ridiculously low.

DeletedUser15368

Just wondering if a dev could chime in and give Inno's views on this idea as it would be so handy to give townies the advantage of using better gear that just sits in my inventory unused

Inno have said they don't want to do it, but I don't have a source for you. Would be the best update of 2017 anyway of they changed their minds :rolleyes:

DeletedUser38438

so the upgraded stuff that just sits in our inventories will continue to gather cobwebs and get eaten away by the moths, I bet Inno won't even supply mothballs to prevent this :confused:
It's a real pity because new players in the alliance could really use this stuff and I would be willing to sell it cheap just to help them be better equipped to face the rigors of the game. :mad: