Oktoberfest 2016 discussion

DeletedUser35533

Every world has limited supply, and a higher demand for em.(outlaw rifle v1-2 can get a dueler class to hit about 39k damage)
Chances of getting an outlaw rifle out of that box are low. Every world has varied need of those items. NVM in general, I did not realize it was meant to be a dud reward like mojo potions(which are bigger this time but still not 150 nug/9k pretzels big), there usually are a few in every tombola.New chests threw me off, mine had a deadwood scarf so I overlooked the chest value and assumed it would be the source of dud rewards for the event

asdf124

Chances of getting an outlaw rifle out of that box are low. Every world has varied need of those items. NVM in general, I did not realize it was meant to be a dud reward like mojo potions(which are bigger this time but still not 150 nug/9k pretzels big), there usually are a few in every tombola.New chests threw me off, mine had a deadwood scarf so I overlooked the chest value and assumed it would be the source of dud rewards for the event

Worse than loot chests are lucky box/chest, uncommon/rare/very rare chests.

Probabilities of loot:
http://tw-calc.net/?page=chest&id=2618000

DeletedUser38438

So am I correct in assuming there is only 1 prize for this event going to whoever spent the most nuggets to eat the most. Surely there are prizes for top 20 or top 50. If only 1 you can forget about me buying anymore nuggets after spending a fortune to get 15th place so far...

Also I agree with the items in the chests from the event and the loot chests that cost 5k advent points .. the max points from an adventure means a weeks worth of continual adventures to get crap ... 1% chance at decent items really blow

DeletedUser26820

Surely there are prizes for top 20 or top 50. If only 1 you can forget about me buying anymore nuggets after spending a fortune to get 15th place so far...

Also I agree with the items in the chests from the event and the loot chests that cost 5k advent points .. the max points from an adventure means a weeks worth of continual adventures to get crap ... 1% chance at decent items really blow

Welcome to The West....
Prizes for Top 20 or Top 50 from an event? You've got to be new to this game. There's only one weiner on each server.
A week's worth of work for continual adventures to get crap? How many loot chests you getting in one week? It takes me 2-3 weeks of continual adventure crap to get a loot chest worth opening...

DeletedUser38438

I would have thought that at least the players ranked 2-9 or 2-15 would get one of the set chests shown in the 48k Pretzel prize list .. maybe all weapon sets chest for 2-5 then a random Villa / Semi / Lee set chest from 5-10.

Just seems fair considering the nuggets they expect us to buy to reach this mark is all, I understand the devs can be greedy

DeletedUser33353

I would have thought that at least the players ranked 2-9 or 2-15 would get one of the set chests shown in the 48k Pretzel prize list .. maybe all weapon sets chest for 2-5 then a random Villa / Semi / Lee set chest from 5-10.

Just seems fair considering the nuggets they expect us to buy to reach this mark is all, I understand the devs can be greedy
A nice thought, but one that will never be implemented.

DeletedUser26820

I can understand and appreciate that suggestion as it might help retain new players for a longer run.
My guess is that at some level (stage in the game), there are breaking points for sticking with the game relative to quitting....
These are hypothetical numbers and just an example, but if turn over rates are something like this in a given year:
Level 1 to 20, 80% turnover or quit
Level 21 to 50, 50% turnover or quit
Level 51 to 80, 30% turnover or quit
Level 81 to 120, 10% turnover or quit
Level 121 to 150, 5% turnover or quit,
Then it's a no-brainer that Inno would disproportionately reward lower level toons, those with higher turnover rates, to purchase nuggets given more rewards relative to higher leveled toons.
It just makes sense to me that if a toon purchases nuggets, they're a lot less likely to quit. And if they've purchased nuggets once, they're a lot more likely to purchase nuggets again.

Good suggestion, Savage. A lot of folks might not like it, but it does make sense from a business and player retention perspective.

DeletedUser32363

I just got a tent from a "Lucky" chest. 9000 pretzels or 150 nuggets for an item that costs 25 nuggets/bonds. Lucky chest. LUCKY?!? Who invents this crap?!

I did a 9k spin and got a loot chest that gave me a tax refund (handful of dollars) $583 if i recall... That was such a lame play IMO!

Al35ul

I just got a tent from a "Lucky" chest. 9000 pretzels or 150 nuggets for an item that costs 25 nuggets/bonds. Lucky chest. LUCKY?!? Who invents this crap?!

Same thing happened to me, I've opened 2 lucky chests,both from a 9000 spin. The first one gave me a speed buff and the second one gave me a tent....what a waste.

Protasov

So I saved up my delicious salty pretzels this event, and was able to "Eat" at the 48,000 level twice. The first time, I received Seminole's rifle, which, by all ways that I can tell (please correct me if I am wrong) is actually not as good as the Nobleman's rifle I've been using forever.

The second time I got Seminole's axe, which by all ways that I can tell (please correct me if I am wrong) is actually not as good as the Raven ulu I've been using forever.

Oh well!

asdf124

So I saved up my delicious salty pretzels this event, and was able to "Eat" at the 48,000 level twice. The first time, I received Seminole's rifle, which, by all ways that I can tell (please correct me if I am wrong) is actually not as good as the Nobleman's rifle I've been using forever.

The second time I got Seminole's axe, which by all ways that I can tell (please correct me if I am wrong) is actually not as good as the Raven ulu I've been using forever.

Oh well!

20% exp boost sounds nice.

Your lucky you didn't get very rare chest with Freeman's horse.....
Guess you didn't check TW-calc for probabilities of what you'd get and gambled.

Edit:http://tw-calc.net/?page=tombola&id=15_2016

DeletedUser24736

tmi alert, getting naked for something simple like a spin is something i'd do, probably if its hot as heck in the apartment.

DeletedUser17350

Firstly, I'm not sure why anyone would bother getting naked just to do their tombola spin so this advice seems pretty redundant..

It used to be best to do the spins naked, if you had at least 0 skilled points in 2 attributes! But the formular was changed for last years Oktoberfest event!!!!
The old formular added 10 % to the value of the randomly selected attribute point. You won as long as the random number was equal to or lower than your attribute points including gear bonuses.
The range for the random number of an attribute with no skilled points was 0 - 0 since 0 + 10 % of 0 is still 0! So any attribute with 0 points was a sure win all the time!

But since the formular was changed, you will loose more often, if you´re doing spins naked!!!