Change to automatic placement in fort fights

DeletedUser22685

I've edited to try making it as clear as I can due to a notice made by pankreas. This thread was a split one thanks to futu and I don't want you to hammer anything against him. I think he's made a great job breaking it from fill the gap thread.

It's got nothing to do with me. All the confused replies were left in the other thread which you originally edited and the conversation here made perfect sense in regards to this suggestion. If you've edited this one further since then (which I now see that you have; it includes far more detail than the single line of description that it had when I moved it here), that could be why the conversation is again flowing poorly.

Last edited by a moderator:

asdf124

It's got nothing to do with me. All the confused replies were left in the other thread which you originally edited and the conversation here made perfect sense in regards to this suggestion. If you've edited this one further since then (which I now see that you have; it includes far more detail than the single line of description that it had when I moved it here), that could be why the conversation is again flowing poorly.

That is true, but I had to add more details. Trying to make it so that everyone understood what this idea was actually about.

The idea is the same but with more details to it so that players can fully understand it or have an imagination of it.

DeletedUser35101

What is actually needed is bug fix on players dots that disappear from map. Mean people that DO set starting position and DO set target, only to few hrs later see both are gone... than set again and later again gone.... and so on...
So player, if he is offline on battle start gets random starting position and target not set (auto set for attack is flag)... and all rest in team go "why people can't set target?!"

That one is well known bug to all of us... and i partly do believe it is reason why Asdf made this suggestion, though it is messed up a bit haha

Better would be that random spot player is placed on start is somewhere in pack with others (often is on completely opposite side of map and is same thing if sectors are overstacked by people, with open spots on side others are) and player not targeting at all, not moving but stays set on starting position.

asdf124

What is actually needed is bug fix on players dots that disappear from map. Mean people that DO set starting position and DO set target, only to few hrs later see both are gone... than set again and later again gone.... and so on...

It isn't always a bug per say since its related to latency and internet speed.

But I agree with your points.

I apologize for the mess I made.

DeletedUser37709

Idk if it's a bug or related to issues like "latency and internet speed" as asdf said, but a fix would be nice.

DeletedUser35120

Latency/internet speed issue should not affect your position on the fort map, but it does. Hence it's a bug. :p

DeletedUser34295

Of course it should affect your position on the map. If you tell the game where to put your character but the latency/speed of your internet makes the data not be sent to the server properly, the server clearly won't know where you placed yourself and thus use automatic placement.

I doubt the "bug" is server side but is simply due to players internet connections, and there's nothing the game can do about not receiving the data due to bad connections.

asdf124

Can we please move to next stage? A vote cause I seriously don't like the hassle of not being able to play fort fights on all smartphones even though they are certainly powerful enough(can play adventures without lag in most of time)

This idea isn't to fix that issue but to simply have a better option given to other players with Internet speed , not being able to set placement and other issues...

asdf124

I know a lot haven't been implemented but all those idea might have been forgotten about, refused or still on a list somewhere.....

So who knows.

Pankreas PorFavor

I applaud your optimism, sir! ;)

688.gif

asdf124

I vote no on this proposal.
I'd like to know why, just cause this thread is a few months.

It does help solve a few things and let's new potential players who only use phone like this game a bit more.
Apologies for long reply, I am just curious about your reasoning.