Decorate the float?

DeletedUser26333

Hi again folks, got a question concerning a quest that involves decorating a float for Christopher.

I finally accumulated all the quest items (gold dust, flag and roll of cloth). Now when I click on the quest or try to open the quest giver it says "You do not fulfill the requirements of this quest giver". What gives?:mad:

Pankreas PorFavor

It is one of the quests with a time limitation, and you're too late :( I think the quest could only be completed before June 27th or so.
Remember to save the products for next year...

DeletedUser33353

Yup, I can verify....the 28th of June was the last day you could have completed it. It is often better to accept those timed quests, and bang em out in case real world stuff comes up. Just my 2 cents.

DeletedUser26333

Thanks, guys.

Sad thing is, I was just able to get the final gold dust yesterday after weeks of trying. Oh well, in a hundred years, who's gonna care.

DeletedUser

Hang on 'til next year. Go see Christopher and he'll say, "Hey man, what happened to you?" :D Just kidding. You will be able to do it next year though. Certain quests pop up at certain times of the year and like Kidd Kalypso said, when they come up, try to get 'em as soon as you can. In this case, you've just been unlucky in not being able to get the Gold Dust in time. (It is a bit of a rare drop. :()

DeletedUser26333

So we're back to Chris's parade quest again. I've made it to finding the clothes and have done well drilling, cowboy, mucking out stables and various water oriented jobs with no luck. Suggestions, tips, tricks....?

PrancingPurplePony

according to tw-db.info, the places that drop the clothes are:
mucking out stables = belt
cowboy = jacket
granite mining = boots
breaking in horses = neck cloth
well drilling = pants
there are no other requirements given, so I guess you just keep doing those jobs until something drops. Been a while since I did it, so I don't remember how long it took things to drop.

DeletedUser26333

according to tw-db.info, the places that drop the clothes are:
mucking out stables = belt
cowboy = jacket
granite mining = boots
breaking in horses = neck cloth
well drilling = pants
there are no other requirements given, so I guess you just keep doing those jobs until something drops. Been a while since I did it, so I don't remember how long it took things to drop.

Thanks. Guess I keep trying.

DeletedUser37191

Did you accept the quest?

The items dropped on the first try for me...

DeletedUser26333

Did you accept the quest?

The items dropped on the first try for me...

Yes, the quest has been accepted. I've even gone so far as to use tw-db to select the best clothes for each job with no luck yet. Probably won't get past this point until next year. At this rate I'll still be playing this game in my grave!:blink:

DeletedUser37191

It really doesn't make sense...
The items shoudl drop very easily... If they aren't, it must be that you didn't accept the part of the quest that asks for them.. o_O

[EDIT]
Either that, or it sounds like a bug. Did you try filling in a bug report in-game?

Last edited by a moderator:

asdf124

It really doesn't make sense...
The items shoudl drop very easily... If they aren't, it must be that you didn't accept the part of the quest that asks for them.. o_O

[EDIT]
Either that, or it sounds like a bug. Did you try filling in a bug report in-game?

I have already gotten em via 15 sec jobs.

1 time doing jobs.

Edit: This was yesterday or so.

DeletedUser22685

I have already gotten em via 15 sec jobs.

1 time doing jobs.

Edit: This was yesterday or so.

Pretty sure he was talking to cole, since he's the one who was having trouble with the drops. You're right though, in most cases 15 second jobs have the same drop rate for quest items as 1 hour jobs.

But still, having performed a couple of 1 hour jobs should still have yielded results if they're so easy to get in 15 seconds. I'd say the most likely option is that the quest hasn't been accepted, but if it definitely has been, I'd just try spamming a few 15 second jobs then submitting a ticket if that doesn't work.

DeletedUser26333

Pretty sure he was talking to cole, since he's the one who was having trouble with the drops. You're right though, in most cases 15 second jobs have the same drop rate for quest items as 1 hour jobs.

But still, having performed a couple of 1 hour jobs should still have yielded results if they're so easy to get in 15 seconds. I'd say the most likely option is that the quest hasn't been accepted, but if it definitely has been, I'd just try spamming a few 15 second jobs then submitting a ticket if that doesn't work.

If we're all talking the same quest - The Quest For The Clothes - than, Yes, I swear on a stack of bibles, cross my heart and hope to die. Scouts honor. I have accepted the quest. It's listed in my que to the right of the screen and when I click on it , it says "cancel quest" in the lower right of the window that pops up. That tells me the quest has been accepted.

I have spent 15 seconds, 10 minutes and 1 hour on each of the 5 jobs - mucking stables, cowboy, granite mining, breaking in horses and well drilling - all with and with out using tw-db to select the best clothes for each job. Nothing has dropped thus far.

Pnevma - How do I go about making this bug report of which you speak?

Last edited by a moderator:

asdf124

By hitting support in settings of profile.

Try cancelling than accept again, it might be a last years acceptance which is bugging it.

DeletedUser26333

By hitting support in settings of profile.

Try cancelling than accept again, it might be a last years acceptance which is bugging it.

Couldn't be an acceptance from last year because I only just made it this far this year. If you look at my original post, I couldn't get enough gold dust and that's where I ended up last year. By this year I'd accumulated enough dust to continue the quest.

That being said, I'm already on my way to Chris to cancel and than re-accept the quest to see if that works. If not, I'll do the bug report thingy. Thanks.