Fort Battles International Championship Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

jarograv

I said why not the weekend? Most do not working or studying in these days and may already be at 6pm. its not an excuse, but its not fun play without onlines, don´t you agree?

I do agree Marga, I'd love weekend battles and can't see why they couldn't be on the weekend :)

Had only read the other posts before yours prior to writing my response.

DeletedUser

AHAHAHAHHAHA You are the regular hypocrite who never saw his own parents not eating to give you some more food or getting fired because their bosses don't need anyone else. Do you really think we can risk to lose our job in order to play a battle in The-West? We barely have a wage to eat and feed our children (not my case but some yeah) and you want us to leave our job earlier with the excuse "Hey boss I got a battle on The-West, I gotta go 2 hours earlier, cya boss".

As I stated before, we are not England or USA or another stupid country who can stop working over a game, we are hard-work people and even we get a crap wage we still suck it up and work till its over, in fact it is very rare to leave at time so it makes impossible to leave earlier, rich hypocrites, you should live in Portugal like we do for 2 months and survive ;) The point here that you are missing is, the hour is way better to EN than PT, as Marga said, weekend was the very best days to battle, any hour there because 90% of the people are free in that time, not in middle of the week.

About the way we lost the battle, maybe we had the wrong builds but that is not up to me, but the hours I am about to battle is so don't call useless bull to dodge the fact you have no clue to argue with me.

I am out of this discussion, it's pointless to argue with people who live in a country where a online game is more important than studies and working to have a good future, yeah because that's why every european country has portuguese people working for them, lazy .

DeletedUser37791

Your having a laugh! Portugal...Spain would have conquered it if it was worth having :D

DeletedUser36559

The point here that you are missing is, the hour is way better to EN than PT, as Marga said, weekend was the very best days to battle, any hour there because 90% of the people are free in that time, not in middle of the week.

Why do you keep assuming everyone from the EN team is from England or another European country? There are quite a few of us who have to wake up at 3AM to be online for these battles and have to be at work/college at 8AM on the same day...

neel shah

Why do you keep assuming everyone from the EN team is from England or another European country? There are quite a few of us who have to wake up at 3AM to be online for these battles and have to be at work/college at 8AM on the same day...

I second it.
I myself am from Asia, and had to be awake at 3:30 AM to 5:30 AM for battles yesterday.
The other battles have been at 1:30 AM to 3:30 AM too, it's just about how much dedication you have for the team ;)

DeletedUser

I repeat, I am active from 8pm to 3am everyday, I dont mind to go to bed at 4am and get up at 7.30am, I am perfectly fine with that ;) I am not happy with the fact of missing my university exams and classes because of a game, or some of my team, missing their job and risking to lose it over a battle, you guys are just ridiculous, ask ANY portuguese, we would rather fight at 2am than 8pm.

EDIT: Btw, we got brazilians too, its 2/3 hours earlier, that means that 6pm is 3/4pm ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15368

Guys, this dude is personally inconvenienced by the battle time, we must reschedule everything to accommodate him.

DeletedUser

Guys, this dude is personally inconvenienced by the battle time, we must reschedule everything to accommodate him.

Nah, not me but some nations that are unfortunately cant leave their real life works to play an online game.

DeletedUser35101

Time of battle can never please everyone... but also, schedule for those AND for all weeks has been placed here on forum 8th of December.. any team having issue with time, imo should of spoken up than.. not on day of battle or day after battle (few weeks after schedule was posted).. yes sure bit of changes was done.. BUT that day (later modified on 16th od December, but still month ago..) it said PT will have battles that start at 7 pm ST and PT had plenty of time to say how in general that time is very bad for them, giving organizers plenty of time to shift or move times of battles.. not now, sorry..

You say how this battle times are set to fit only two teams (German and EN).. you are also forgetting that many other teams have ST as regular time, why are you excluding Spain, Poland and some others out of "having best time for ff"?! And if going by ST as best for all, than you really have to exclude EN team as having benefit from it..

This is also feedback topic, not discussion one.. and no verbal fights should be done here.. here you give info on what you like or dislike or how things can be improved for next ff event.. just info on battles times was enough and that info (for sure) will be looked into later on, next time we have event like this.. hopefully we do!

I really love it.. is great to see most of large battles full, not something any of us have on our regular worlds... is also great to see so many people in same team, working together assisting each-other, doing whatever is needed for win (even setting alarm to wake up in middle of night just to come online for ff and help team, knowing tmrw will be bad day cause of lack of sleep... and that is what many from EN team are doing, not cause they HAVE to, but cause they want to)!
Best part of it for me is meeting all this new people.. many i have never met /talked before (even some that i share alliance on some worlds), many i have only known only as "enemies" on every world i play.. and us together now, really is very nice.. if for nothing else.. to have this event only cause of that was more than worthy for me!

Now.. what i dislike... it is same as many others have said..
This is ff event and focus is on battles.. we all are here cause we love those battles.. we want to enjoy them, we want to have great fun in them!
BUT LAG ISSUE really is huge... lag issue is preventing all of us to enjoy battles.. getting "Strike of bad Luck", disconnecting from server, ff window freezing, getting orders late... that all really cuts down battle pleasure highly..

Even on regular servers, when we just have full medium battles we have lag, but it is tolerable.. here.. having 200 or 300 or 400 or even more people online at same time with few battles overlapping.. really is too much.. cause of that lag, people miss move / swap or die (where if no lag or with minimal / regular lag, it for most wouldn't happen).. and we all did see how just ONE bad move in ff can decide win or lose in battle

If we were to have only 2 battles per day, one starting when another one finishes.. or even if they overlap a bit.. we all would enjoy those much more!
Not only that.. but cause of battles at same time as we have now.. we are kinda "denied" of watching other battles, know we all would like that! It would bring one more spark in making this event more ff event!

Atm we try on day that isn't our battle day to watch those as they are going on, comment those but 4 battles in row overlapping and amouth of time that takes since first starts till last ends.. is really bit too much for everyone, none has those hours they can spend around pc.. and all that also creates more unneeded lag..
Yup.. we want to cheer some other team or comment how they play, be shocked or applaud.. it brings more life into play!
And with having only 2 battles per day.. battle times issue can more easily be set to fit more teams on their preferences of what is best time for them.

Let us have that.. some of it still can be changed in this event..

gunner86

Things i hope will improve in future events:

1. More weekend battles
2. Removing lag during battles

I read some people suggesting letting players bring their buffs / recipes etc. I am against such suggestion as organizing the players for crafting, collecting items etc. bring the team work and that is what this event is about.

DeletedUser

1- just say 7pm server are 6pm PT
2- some leaders have spoken about this problem at the beginning, not just now like you said
3- agree lag is too bad, many players can not access, special first batles
4- we did not better because of bad hours or lag, but damaged immense
5- this is for next time consider these issues, whether they want a fairer tournament there is much to fix

this was the first time, ok we understand, but like i said there is so much to fix

DeletedUser25947

I believe this post was about feedback for the event not a case study of how well some countries do compared to others. I know for sure that many players from any country in this world might have a tough life with heaps of restrictions, heaps with health issues, heaps with work or family issues - I am not sure how the organizers could please all of those. I think they did a good job with the resources they had and actually gave us something new and exciting to do. I can only encourage further events similar with this.
As pointed before being an international even is virtually impossible to organize battle times to suit everyone - and I am now thinking of our Indian friends for example which - unfortunately for them - needs to stay awake all night to participate to a battle....oh and yes they do have a job next day. Does anybody forcing them to stay awake and be a zombie next day? not really - except maybe an subtle encouragement from the leader asking for more onliners - at the end of the day it's their choice. The whole game is a bloody choice from start - play it or not, participate or not, make sacrifices or not, play it properly or not - everything is a choice and real life is an important part of this choice for all of us.
I was personally looking at Spain with interest ( funny enough Spain is near Portugal and have similar culture , time ...etc ) and they are an amazing team regardless of the time for the battles. It all comes down to availability, personal choice and team work.
It's pretty bad to start complaining now because suddenly the grapes dont taste sweet anymore and they are sour like crazy - maybe they are from a different batch :)
As for the event - great idea, we definitely need more of these, possibly based on some new and improved ideas, would be good to have less drama even at the higher levels and would be good for INNO's infrastructure to be a bit better as it's frustrating to have players dying for nothing because of the server lag.
Also waiting with interest a new and hopefully a better FF formula - I highly encourage the developers to LISTEN to community and dont rush with something new just for the sake of it. FF needs fixing BIG TIME but it has to be done properly not like last time!

For all the teams out there - RESPECT and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

DeletedUser35117

First of all I'd like to thank the organizers of this event for putting us all together in this unique world. It's special to be a part of something like this.

I'l start of with the positives :
- Full large FF's
- A lot of people from all around the Globe, making it easy to make friends
- Fun to be a part of 260 people fort battles

Negatives (not so much negatives in general, just what I dislike about the system the FF world works on. You may agree, you may not, just my opinion.) :
- Quests all over again (Would rather see us get ported with the characters we enter, as most of us are such a high level the SP aren't really ground breaking)
- Crafting/building from scratch (Part I dislike the most probably, felt like a chore at a point where we needed to collect pointless products just to level someone's craft level up. Rather have it at the craft levels you have on entry and start with no inventory products. Town building 100 points per hour felt boring.)
- The lag (Although I don't really blame anyone for this. I know how hard it is to keep up so many players on a server. However I propose that since we are having a not so big amount of battles during the event and have a decent time span, rather thin out the events, and have 1, max 2 battles going on a day rather than 4 at the same time.)
- Lacking numbers in certain teams (Seeing a side with 100 people in a large attack is a sure victory and enjoyment for some, but painful and morale killing for the 100 side. Rather put in less nations or have some merge than letting them fight knowing they'l lose.)

That's about my feedback as far as this event goes. As I stated before, it's not something everyone should/might consider negative, but something I myself would adore to see changed in the next time (I hope) we do this event. Other than that, no complaints on my side. Having fun as it goes :)

DeletedUser

we must talk about diferent things:

Portugal vs Turkey 14/01/2016 19:00 PM
Spain vs Italy 14/01/2016 19:00 PM

where are the poor indians, and chinese, and people who need to spend all night awake?

you talk without seeing things first, if we were battle against that players ok, but its not the case, and i said why not the weekend in that cases?

DeletedUser25947

So you saying that the organizer should filter each battle and look at the time zones for both participants and find the best time for both. In the same time the event being international.....
Not sure if that's realistic from our organizers point of view.
Weekend battles are fine but again think of the people complaining of not being able to go out with their families because of the damn battle...etc :) It's impossible to please everybody when you deal with A GLOBAL event - end of story

DeletedUser

So you saying that the organizer should filter each battle and look at the time zones for both participants and find the best time for both. In the same time the event being international.....
Not sure if that's realistic from our organizers point of view.
Weekend battles are fine but again think of the people complaining of not being able to go out with their families because of the damn battle...etc :) It's impossible to please everybody when you deal with A GLOBAL event - end of story

yes, organize the best hour to both participants

yes, play at weekends too, its more reasonable play 1 hour at home than at work or spend the night without sleep

yes, its global but its not so dificult to find better hours to play

foscock

Banned
Firstly, thanks to everyone, organisers and participants, who have made this event possible. Yes there have been some issues, but if anyone expected perfection in the first attempt at this then they were being very optinistic.

For the next event...

1. Improve the registration process so each team can start at the same time.
Every server needs to be playing from the same rulebook. We need a standard procedure that is used by every server to gather player's stats & gear. All deadlines for registration, gear lists, etc. need to be known in advance and enforced. Teams that are short-handed need to ask for and receive players in time to start along with all the other teams.

2. Use pre-built, pre-assigned towns.
The process of building towns contributes nothing to improving a team's ability to fort fight. Let's use the time for something else. When the world opens and you are only able to stand and build for 8 hours it's a bit anticlimactic.

3. Quests.
I would only make one change to quests - get rid of the tutorial. Let us see the map right away and get started doing something less tedious. I disagree with getting rid of quests completely or keeping our skills or inventory from our normal characters.

4. Battle schedule.
The whole event is too long. Shorten it to 1 month to keep it exciting, preferably in between any tombola events. Every team should have 2 or 3 battles per week and there should be battles every day. From an admin standpoint, a script to automate the manual tasks in creating the battles would be a huge benefit. And please, NO CONCURRENT BATTLES unless it can be guaranteed there will be no lag or freezing.

DeletedUser36979

Firstly, thanks to everyone, organisers and participants, who have made this event possible. Yes there have been some issues, but if anyone expected perfection in the first attempt at this then they were being very optinistic.

For the next event...

1. Improve the registration process so each team can start at the same time.
Every server needs to be playing from the same rulebook. We need a standard procedure that is used by every server to gather player's stats & gear. All deadlines for registration, gear lists, etc. need to be known in advance and enforced. Teams that are short-handed need to ask for and receive players in time to start along with all the other teams.

2. Use pre-built, pre-assigned towns.
The process of building towns contributes nothing to improving a team's ability to fort fight. Let's use the time for something else. When the world opens and you are only able to stand and build for 8 hours it's a bit anticlimactic.

3. Quests.
I would only make one change to quests - get rid of the tutorial. Let us see the map right away and get started doing something less tedious. I disagree with getting rid of quests completely or keeping our skills or inventory from our normal characters.

4. Battle schedule.
The whole event is too long. Shorten it to 1 month to keep it exciting, preferably in between any tombola events. Every team should have 2 or 3 battles per week and there should be battles every day. From an admin standpoint, a script to automate the manual tasks in creating the battles would be a huge benefit. And please, NO CONCURRENT BATTLES unless it can be guaranteed there will be no lag or freezing.

Those are great points.

The battle times should be fixed when the schedule is released, then you'd avoid most of the argueing over starttimes which are happening this time, since everyone can see when they'd have to battle, and choose whether or not to enlist based on that.

DeletedUser34408

Lag - Like most players, I feel lag is the most negative aspect of the tournament thus far, a battle or 2 each night that doesn't overlap seems to be the preferred option.

Quests - Boring, especially if you have done them all before on 1, 2 or 8 servers, players bring in upgraded gear from their regular worlds so the onus should be on players to either upgrade gear or complete SP/AP quests on their regular worlds before entering the tournament, afterall it's a fort fighting tournament not a questing event and the assertive tones used on some telegrams/forum posts/chat topics instructing players what they should be doing is somewhat disconcerting and the same goes for builds, let people decide what works best for them based on their own experiences otherwise we may as well be 150 cloned characters with identical skill sets, I guess you can correlate it to a International football event (among other sports) where representatives are chosen from different teams all bringing in different skills/tactics and the coach's/managers role is not to alter the players skills but rather to harness the individual skills of each player to best suit the team.

Financial Viability - Have a exclusive section in the UP Shop where we can purchase unique items only available to the tournament, maybe 4 sets to represent each character class, they don't have to be overly expensive or overly powerful just somewhat configured differently with the option to buy/sell more than one set allowing the fortunate to cater for the unfortunate if they wish to do so. These unique items or sets that I referred to can also be incorporated into the game as rewards for unlocking certain tasks performed in the game, whether it's doing 20 dodges in a fort fight to unlock stage 1, 40K damage damage to unlock stage 2, each character class can have their own criteria in order to unlock the rewards. Like any good relationship, it has to viable both ways, in this case Inno and the players.

Again, big props to all those involved in making the tournament possible, CM's, GM's and players alike.

DeletedUser

1- Lag: Indeed, a lot of lag for such an event. Must be fixed for next time.

2- Quests: I agree. It is really boring to have quests. Just import our quests from our server (that would take a little of work) or just cancel the quests for everyone.

3- Battle schedule: I'm really sad to read some comments that I saw here... I won't even try to guess some player's age. I'm one of the youngest players among the portuguese team and I was born in 1995. Therefore, almost everyone from our team it's only available around 8 p.m. (portuguese hour), at best. A lot of them make a little sacrifices, but as it was told here, there are some things we cannot sacrifice (like our jobs ou classes). Unfortunately (and I don't want to make this post into a political speech) we have to work at least 8 hours to have a wage around 800€ per month. It is not much, as most of you can see (the olders will understand), and we will not lose our jobs because of a game (that's what this is about), or in my case, skip classes ( and Yes, to the one who was joking about Potugal, we too have universities - and good ones).
In fact, on our servers we have an internal pact that our "oficial" battles must only be launched between 9.30 p.m and 11 p.m. So, you can see how important this is for us.

And I will not accept the argument that we should have brought players with time, because it's just unreal. We simply do not have a lot more of active players. And a lot of our players are brazilian.

And again, to the one who joked something about Portugal over Spain, learn that we are independent since 1143 and I hope that if you come to my country someday, you will eat your disgusting words and maybe change your opinion. Hopefully you'll have a fair treatment.

PS: We understand this can't be satisfactory to all, but at least speak to the main administrators of all servers to know about the activity time of all countries. After all, we are the ones who spend the money. Our needs must be tended.