Duel Motivation Reducing Buff

DeletedUser29831

Heh, a buff to let bullies get it easier. Big no from me, if you are too scared to duel for real, you should at least have to work for it. And yes, I'm a little pissed now, since a player I recruited and helped for a year, just quit after getting hit every day from a 0-mot dueller 50 levels higher. In fact, since we see that 0-mot duellers continue to harass lower levels, I would nearly suggest to bring back the job-KO.

DeletedUser31908

I see how people here are speaking like "This encourages bullies" and all that kind of stuff,some say that the 0 mot duellers should get up on their duel levels and face more tough and high levelled duellers.Now after hearing all that i thought maybe yes 0 mot duellers really bully workers......but then why ain't the workers able to protect themselves? When you talk about the 0 motivation duellers taking the easy path ain't you trying to take that easy path too by trying to discourage those duellers who are better even when they are the same level as you.You don't want to face someone who is the same level as you,being scared of competetion from equals is what i call 'Cowards'.

Like i said in my last post,when the motivation stays low,most 0 mot duellers don't pick on the low level workers and thus the problem gets reduced.

DeletedUser36559

I see how people here are speaking like "This encourages bullies" and all that kind of stuff,some say that the 0 mot duellers should get up on their duel levels and face more tough and high levelled duellers.Now after hearing all that i thought maybe yes 0 mot duellers really bully workers......but then why ain't the workers able to protect themselves? When you talk about the 0 motivation duellers taking the easy path ain't you trying to take that easy path too by trying to discourage those duellers who are better even when they are the same level as you.You don't want to face someone who is the same level as you,being scared of competetion from equals is what i call 'Cowards'.

Like i said in my last post,when the motivation stays low,most 0 mot duellers don't pick on the low level workers and thus the problem gets reduced.

Some workers don't protect themselves since they have a job/family/busy in real life and by the time they log in they have already been KO'ed by a 3 mot dueller. No-one is trying to discourage any dueller, this update was intended to help increase their duel level, not that it did much in what it was intended to do since the 3 mots want to remain 3 mots and therefore they are choosing the easy path for themselves and no-one is encouraging them to. If they don't pick on low level workers do they pick on duellers only?

DeletedUser31908

Micky,the thing is yes,they pick on mostly duellers when they have their motivation low,but you also know when the motivation stays high and they need to get it low they would surely prefer targetting the low levelled easy workers.....this way they win easily and get very less exp even when they have a high motivation,lowering their motivation.The buff for which i am batting is the one which would have an end to this bully problem and then everyone stays happy.

DeletedUser22685

Micky,the thing is yes,they pick on mostly duellers when they have their motivation low,but you also know when the motivation stays high and they need to get it low they would surely prefer targetting the low levelled easy workers.....this way they win easily and get very less exp even when they have a high motivation,lowering their motivation.The buff for which i am batting is the one which would have an end to this bully problem and then everyone stays happy.

The simple solution here is to simply stop duelling with low motivation.

DeletedUser31908

The simple solution here is to simply stop duelling with low motivation.

Seems to be a solution for the workers who won't be duelled but what when some higher level dueller duels you? Now ain't the low motivation duellers getting bullied?

DeletedUser22685

This is turning out to be quite a circular discussion. I've already posted an answer to that question, so I won't waste my time typing it again.

I've been there and done that several times, and I agree it can be pretty demotivating to see yourself get belted by someone 50 levels above you, but at the same time there will be people 50 levels below you who you are more than capable of belting. That's the trade-off, and that's part of the challenge of duelling.

And at the same time, those higher level duellers will themselves be losing regularly to players several levels above them up until the playing field evens out the closer you come to the level cap. Duelling is not supposed to be easy. You're not supposed to win every single duel. There will be challenges involved, and if you're trying to do it in a manner that will ensure that you never lose, you're thinking about it in the wrong way.

DeletedUser33342

There really is no reason for 0 mot duelling after the latest duel update since you should never run out of targets even if you duel with 100% motivation every time. The recent trend has been mostly anti-0 mot duelling, so I'd say it's pretty unlikely for this to be accepted now (especially since it's been suggested plenty of times before and not implemented even when 0 mot duelling wasn't being targeted). You're basically trying to avoid those higher level duellers so that you can continue to beat up lower level duellers and workers. It's easy enough to pick on weak targets as it is.

All is said. I will NEVER support any type of buff that supports 0-mot duellers. :mad:
I didn't want to type the word "bully" but, well..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like this idea if craftable/salable

not that my opinion matters, though :rolleyes:

I barely have time to attack the same three to four victims each day to keep within a manageable % of motivation. with a product like this... only my nearest players would have to worry :cool: