Gold/silver job scripts

asdf124

Hmmmm..... So you have found a way to see what scripts I have installed on my browser. I can only see this as an invasion of my privacy, and its very close to Hacking. Inno has no authority whatsoever to check my computer on what I have installed on it and if you run scripts to see what I have installed, basically you should be banned yourself, and all players should sue Inno ! :)

Not sure if what he's implying is illegal in the EU, since its a German company.

So, if it were illegal in the EU, a lawsuit is unnecessary but a notification of a breach to the rightful authorities is what's recommended.

Sly, it is kinda the same thing with the friends script but that is just my personal belief(clicking once instead of manually clicking all the friends) Since they both decrease the time taken to do an action, they are technically the same thing.

If you think that they aren't, you are mistaken. That does mean, such features should be implemented instead of being labeled as illegal. You would consider the best jobs script illegal if you thought of the silver/gold script the same way you do now.

If your saying that whatever makes time consuming actions lower via a script, it would be deemed illegal?

I say that would bring a lot more than you hope for.

Last edited:

Slygoxx

First you say that it is your personal belief that they are the same thing, then you continue to say that whoever thinks otherwise is mistaken? That's kind of a contradiction.

A script that scans the entire map for you is quite different than a script that displays your friend list in a nice format to send event currency.

DeletedUser

They're not really the same. If that was the case, then you could argue that the Cloth-Calc should be banned because it makes finding the right clothes for a job easier instead of manually going through every item of clothing in your inventory and checking out the stat's.

Post-edit: These ones are for convenience. The Gold/Silver scripts are specifically designed to find the jobs that are supposed to be hidden and you have to search for them. That's the difference - one is simply convenient and the other is a cheat.

DeletedUser36979

Hmmmm..... So you have found a way to see what scripts I have installed on my browser. I can only see this as an invasion of my privacy, and its very close to Hacking. Inno has no authority whatsoever to check my computer on what I have installed on it and if you run scripts to see what I have installed, basically you should be banned yourself, and all players should sue Inno ! :)

Not necesarily... they just scan what requests are coming from your computer to the servers, and search patterns by the script scaning the map will be easy for a trained eye, or program to see, and they can take the necesary actions.
People should just be glad that they get a warning, instead of trying to justify the use of illegal scripts

DeletedUser34315

Not necesarily... they just scan what requests are coming from your computer to the servers, and search patterns by the script scaning the map will be easy for a trained eye, or program to see, and they can take the necesary actions.
People should just be glad that they get a warning, instead of trying to justify the use of illegal scripts

Yeah... any time your computer is sending hundreds of requests to the server to open map locations in a short period of time, it's going to be very, very noticeable. This doesn't mean they're scanning your computer.

HelenBack

Yes, the multiple requests being sent to the West servers would definitely be a way to trigger the "illegal script" alarm. No need to look at what's installed on your computer. They have the right to analyze the traffic to their servers.

So, if they get a lot of requests from your computer/IP address looking for Gold/Silver jobs... Ring a ding ding.... Ban-hammer time!
:p

Time to work at it like the rest of us noobs do. ;)

DeletedUser36559

It doesn't take much time scanning the map for a certain silver/gold job so why do people feel the need to cheat.

DeletedUser35277

It doesn't take much time scanning the map for a certain silver/gold job so why do people feel the need to cheat.

Exactly Micky,
I hunt for gold or silver jobs on the map the old fashioned, click and open way. LOL
It doesn't take that long, and we are allowed to share our finds with our friends.
Part of the way the West would be, like hunting for a silver or gold mine. Best the cheaters
read the TOS and obey the rules. Inno has made this game free to play and even though
I say they torture us with some difficult quests, (LOL) I am grateful for the game they have
given us.

DeletedUser

It is simply banned to try to keep people online longer whilst they search for these bonus job sites. I would love to see the number of complaints that Inno have received about players "cheating" using the script, but it is not banned due to any excessive advantage gained by a players. Simply they want people to do the dog work so they are online longer, rather than logging in, searching the map quickly, setting jobs and logging out.

DeletedUser36559

It is simply banned to try to keep people online longer whilst they search for these bonus job sites. I would love to see the number of complaints that Inno have received about players "cheating" using the script, but it is not banned due to any excessive advantage gained by a players. Simply they want people to do the dog work so they are online longer, rather than logging in, searching the map quickly, setting jobs and logging out.

That is the intended strategy from Inno, they want players to stay online longer in the game and this is one way to achieve it.

DeletedUser22685

That's nothing to do with it. As I've said countless times in the past when this argument has arisen, those gold and silver jobs are meant as a reward for players who go to the effort of finding them. If they were meant to be found instantly, we might as well double the rewards of every job and be done with it. Being able to automatically detect gold and silver jobs completely defeats the purpose of having them in the first place. Besides, Inno doesn't give a damn how long you spend online as long as you buy some nuggets in the process.