Duel Motivation Reducing Buff

DeletedUser31908

Now we have Three types of duellers-

1- Full Motivation duellers
2-0 motivation duellers
3-"I do it Just for the fun"

Now talking about the first two types,We already have buffs that would get the duel-motivation up thus encouraging the full motivation duellers and giving them a way by which they can earn more exp with each duel and their motivation stays high.Now this Duel level increase thing was made by the Game devs.

But then some peeps thought they could get their motivation to 0 and thus save themselves from the high levelled duellers which could KO even the best in a single duel (because of the vast level difference).

This game is played by thousands of players of which many would support 0 motivation duelling,thus comes my idea of introducing the Duel Motivation decreasing buffs.
The idea is to make it fair for both the classes of duellers.This would encourage more people taking into duelling and not fearing the rise of their duel level which could make then vulnerable to higher level players.The items required to craft that buff and other aspects are also open for discussion when this idea gets passed.

All i ask for a bit of support from all my fellow 0 motivation duellers and other players too who think it should be fair for both the classes of duellers.

DeletedUser24613

i was a 0 motivation dueler which made the game for me .but since the changes in dueling i know longer duel since the changes took the pleasure of playing the game my way away from me !! so yes i would like to see this buff become a reality . if it were to happen i would duel once more making this game fun for me once again !!

DeletedUser22685

There really is no reason for 0 mot duelling after the latest duel update since you should never run out of targets even if you duel with 100% motivation every time. The recent trend has been mostly anti-0 mot duelling, so I'd say it's pretty unlikely for this to be accepted now (especially since it's been suggested plenty of times before and not implemented even when 0 mot duelling wasn't being targeted). You're basically trying to avoid those higher level duellers so that you can continue to beat up lower level duellers and workers. It's easy enough to pick on weak targets as it is.

DeletedUser31908

There really is no reason for 0 mot duelling after the latest duel update since you should never run out of targets even if you duel with 100% motivation every time. The recent trend has been mostly anti-0 mot duelling, so I'd say it's pretty unlikely for this to be accepted now (especially since it's been suggested plenty of times before and not implemented even when 0 mot duelling wasn't being targeted). You're basically trying to avoid those higher level duellers so that you can continue to beat up lower level duellers and workers. It's easy enough to pick on weak targets as it is.

I would partially agree with you futu. Yes after the duel cap lowered to 450 we have many targets but do you think that when two pure skilled duellers, one at level 100 and another at 150 come face to face in a duel with the same gear or we can say both have some decent gear there are chances that the level 100 guy wins?
This is an impossible thing and thus is the requirement for a duel motivation decreasing buff.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26820

I can see a reason for a dueling mot decreasing buff for someone that wants to be a 0 mot dueler the same way the dueling mot increasing buffs are a benefit to those that want to be 100 mot duelers. One's simply the antithesis of the other.

My question though is: if this buff existed, how would it prevent a level 150 toon from dueling a level 100 toon? It wouldn't if their dueling levels are the same range. And if both are 0 mot duelers using these dueling mot decreasing buffs, they'll continue dueling each other.

DeletedUser36979

If you want lower duel motivation, then do some duels... Only reason I can see for a buff is the low mot whining about getting bullied while bullying lower levels themselves... and the game looses players because of that, daily! Don't think that they want to increase the numbers of people leaving due to low-mot bullies.

Fact is that the 3% was made in an attempt to decrease the number of bullies, but it have been futile, and InnoGames is too busy making up new useless items to actually do something about it...

Deleted User - 1693871

The problem wasn't the 3%, in hindsight it was the change that made it possible for players to LOSE duel levels.

DeletedUser31908

Anzian first of all its not about bullying lower levels,its about facing the ones whose skills are the same as you and has equal chances of winning if the skills are well placed.

Deiben you are right,it wont stop a level 100 and a level 150 guy duelling eqach other,but you see it still prevents that dueller gaining more DL so that he is atleast safe from the more ferocious lot and if some guy has just started duelling this buff could be a boon to him.

DeletedUser36979

Anzian first of all its not about bullying lower levels,its about facing the ones whose skills are the same as you and has equal chances of winning if the skills are well placed.

Tell that to all those that have their game ruined by low-mot bullies. It is a game, and should be fun, but getting attacked two-three time daily by the same low-mot dueller 20 levels higher than yourself is not really fun. And that will only get worse if this is implemented, meaning even more will leave, and those that stay will get attacked more unless they leave town.

Newest problem are low-mots losing dueling levels by pillow attacking workers and other "easy" targets, pushing up their dueling level...

The entire dueling scene needs an overhaul, it is broken, and have been for a long time.... but all we get are new items.... no wonder people quit this game.

DeletedUser31908

Tell that to all those that have their game ruined by low-mot bullies. It is a game, and should be fun, but getting attacked two-three time daily by the same low-mot dueller 20 levels higher than yourself is not really fun. And that will only get worse if this is implemented, meaning even more will leave, and those that stay will get attacked more unless they leave town.

Newest problem are low-mots losing dueling levels by pillow attacking workers and other "easy" targets, pushing up their dueling level...

The entire dueling scene needs an overhaul, it is broken, and have been for a long time.... but all we get are new items.... no wonder people quit this game.

Now i would have to agree with you anzian but the thing is if the workers are getting duelled everyday its also the Full mot duellers with high levels who get bullied by the ones who are high above in skills due to the vast level difference.Now if the game devs are not thinking about a duel level and the whole system getting revamped then atleast get some buff that could lower the motivation.And yes 20 levels dont make alot of difference,i am a dueller so i know as i am level 101 and i beat level 125 pure duellers with ease,and yes i have not brought any nuggets or skills till date.

Pankreas PorFavor

it still prevents that dueller gaining more DL so that he is atleast safe from the more ferocious lot and if some guy has just started duelling this buff could be a boon to him.

a buff that helps a dueler to be safe?! NO
and I say that as someone who has a DL 450 in AZ, but is a 0-mot (or 3%) dueler in CO.
a big, clear NO. your game is attacking other people, especially weaker than you? there should be no buff that helps you stay safe from people who are stronger than you.

DeletedUser22685

I would partially agree with you futu. Yes after the duel cap lowered to 450 we have many targets but do you think that when two pure skilled duellers, one at level 100 and another at 150 come face to face in a duel with the same gear or we can say both have some decent gear there are chances that the level 100 guy wins?
This is an impossible thing and thus is the requirement for a duel motivation decreasing buff.

I've been there and done that several times, and I agree it can be pretty demotivating to see yourself get belted by someone 50 levels above you, but at the same time there will be people 50 levels below you who you are more than capable of belting. That's the trade-off, and that's part of the challenge of duelling. You may not be a worker bully as you claim, but there are still plenty of those out there who would be able to take advantage of a buff like this to make their game easier than it already is. I just think this would be a huge step backwards given the apparent intended direction of duelling and the feedback that was posted after the last duel update.

DeletedUser36559

This will make a dueller's life even more easier since he can pump up his duelling level high and then drop it back down in a blink of an eye. Players have already found a loop in the system by bible/pillow duelling but this makes their life easier. Vulnerability wise the level 100 has no choice but to level up if he wishes to stand a better chance.

DeletedUser

Every three days I self KO on a job, rest up to 12 energy points and naked duel an ally with a bounty on my head or few dollars in my pocket. I self KO and they don't even know it's happening. That is the route for non-duelers.
Dueling was actually pretty rare in the old west. Duelers constantly had to drift to new areas to avoid getting caught. They were never 'town members'. I find it amusing that in this game the opposite is true: drifters/non-town members are not allowed to duel and only town members may initiate duels.
The Self KO is still a great route for non-duelers.
I don't think a motivation downgrade buff would be a great addition to the game.

DeletedUser31908

Its not always about "Oh! man now if they make it better for duellers then it gets difficult for the workers and other classes" There have been many improvements in the game which have been good for the workers and now after they have got this 3% thing for the duellers discouraging them from 0 mot duelling,all i am asking for something that could make it a bit easy for the 3% motivation duellers.

Ever thought that not everybody could be online all the time and thus the motivation rises?
What do the 0 mot duellers do about that motivation? they target the low level players and easy low levelled targets so that they can get the lowest exp possible to save their DL from going high.Think about it,introducing the duel motivation decreasing buff might be the thing which could bring a depletion to such things and the number of workers who are frequently duelled by duellers just to get their motivation down would be reduced by a huge amount.

DeletedUser22685

Its not always about "Oh! man now if they make it better for duellers then it gets difficult for the workers and other classes" There have been many improvements in the game which have been good for the workers and now after they have got this 3% thing for the duellers discouraging them from 0 mot duelling,all i am asking for something that could make it a bit easy for the 3% motivation duellers.

Ever thought that not everybody could be online all the time and thus the motivation rises?
What do the 0 mot duellers do about that motivation? they target the low level players and easy low levelled targets so that they can get the lowest exp possible to save their DL from going high.Think about it,introducing the duel motivation decreasing buff might be the thing which could bring a depletion to such things and the number of workers who are frequently duelled by duellers just to get their motivation down would be reduced by a huge amount.

I'm not sure that you understand what I'm trying to say. The motivation floor wasn't raised because the devs thought 3% duelling was better than 0 mot duelling. It was raised to discourage that playstyle altogether. The progress that was made (or at least intended, since apparently people didn't grasp the idea behind 0, or 3%, mot duelling no longer being necessary) will not be counteracted mere months later by an addition such as this one.

DeletedUser23252

Dueling fine as it is, maybe there should be a rule that says you can't duel the same person unless 72 hours have passed

DeletedUser

Dueling fine as it is, maybe there should be a rule that says you can't duel the same person unless 72 hours have passed

If that happens there possibly won't be any targets left for anyone to duel, since I duel like 20 or so people a day. Can you imagine the amount of travelling and harrasment a dueler has to go through in that case?

Also I dont support this idea. You can still do 0 motivation (or 3 motivation) pretty well if you are active enough.

DeletedUser36979

...Ever thought that not everybody could be online all the time and thus the motivation rises?

Sounds like what they do, even with 3% motivation... or 0% on the national servers that still haven't implemented the 3% rule yet. With a buff like this they will just do with lowest possible motivation all the time :no:

0-mot duelling is like the duel-protection we could get from job-KO... an unintented feature left in the game for too long... now the job-KO is gone, and it would be about time to say bye bye to low-mot duelling as well.