Auction upgraded items

DeletedUser

I just want to give you guys my 2 cents on a game improvement. :)

We should be able to auction upgraded items at the market.

I have 3-4 items that I no longer use that I KNOW other players would want.

Instead, I'm stuck with dead items in my inventory that I cant sell.

Im sure other players have said something about this as it IS A PROBLEM that should be fixed.
:mad:

PLEASE VOICE YOUR OPINIONS ON THE MATTER, THANK YOU.

Last edited by a moderator:

asdf124

You could upgrade em again if they are the same, however, it won't be fair for the have nots get more gap between them and the insane nugget users.

They would turn into billionaires.

I would only give your idea a go for specific items such as the left hand gun which is absolute once your higher level(precise bow etc)

DeletedUser35533

I think selling them would help in some cases, for example Im not upgrading some of my items because Im not sure if I will have enough upgraded to make it into level 2. on the other hand if you make them actionable you will end up with a lot of legacy items upgraded to level 5.

DeletedUser

I was thinking maybe being able to reverse the upgrade at the loss of the price you paid to upgrade in the first place, plus a small fee.

Like, I have an item that has a level 1 upgrade.
For a low set price, I can reverse the upgrade. Say $500
Then I would go back to having 3 of that item again.
And then I could sell them at the market.

The set fee can increase for how many levels of upgrade the item has.
Level 2 = $1000 / Level 3 = $1500 / Level 4 = $2000/ Etc......

This allows much more freedom and playing strategy.

It would cost money, so it wouldn't be abused.

HOW DOES THAT SOUND?? :)

DeletedUser35520

my main reason for making them auctionable is to be able to give away items you have that you no longer use. as the current system shackles to a specific items due to cost, making players not upgrade other better items at higher levels

DeletedUser33353

TBH, not a fan of allowing the sales of upgrading items.....when the upgrades were announced, it did say that upgraded items could not be sold.
Or, was I mistaken on the wording?

DeletedUser36559

In terms of duelling wise the rich players can upgrade weapons to level 3/4/5 and hand them over to lower lvl duellers and they will pretty much gain a huge advantage duels wise without them even spending a penny on buying the weapons but I do like the idea of degrading items.

Pankreas PorFavor

some of the good reasons against it were already mentioned, another reason not to implement selling of upgraded items is the achievement where you need to have 1337 of level 3 items in your inventory. level 3 grey rags cost $10. for $13.370 you get an achievement that would otherwise take you a million clicks and around $540.000. I don't like that.
downgrade items, then sell - why not?

DeletedUser36702

Agreed. I think that items should be able to be downgraded to previous level.

asdf124

In terms of duelling wise the rich players can upgrade weapons to level 3/4/5 and hand them over to lower lvl duellers and they will pretty much gain a huge advantage duels wise without them even spending a penny on buying the weapons but I do like the idea of degrading items.
This is probably already is possible to do, but in an indirect manner.

I was talking about normal weapons and normal gear. The low level from 1-100 weapons, clothes and left guns which aren't from tamboola and aren't from adventures.

Maybe not the left guns from 1-100 but will see.

DeletedUser31908

I support you.When you loose intrest in one aspect you dont want those upgraded items anymore so why not sell em off? and get some new ones which you would use

DeletedUser35277

I support the idea of being able to downgrade an item back to it's original form,
for a fee, to be able to sell it. A few of my alliance members have already wished
for just such a process as this . :)

DeletedUser33353

I support the idea of being able to downgrade an item back to it's original form,
for a fee, to be able to sell it. A few of my alliance members have already wished
for just such a process as this . :)

No.
And for once I will put some thought into my words.
If this was allowed, the achievements that everyone has a chance of getting would be quite useless.
In fact, all of those achievements would not even be obtainable anymore.
As it was announced, and what I agree with, is any upgraded gear can not be auctioned.
And, the upgraded items are already salable via merchant or wherever......so, if you get bored with xxxxx upgraded weapon, sell it.
As always, just my opine.....let the flaming begin ;)

DeletedUser

No.
And for once I will put some thought into my words.
If this was allowed, the achievements that everyone has a chance of getting would be quite useless.
In fact, all of those achievements would not even be obtainable anymore.
As it was announced, and what I agree with, is any upgraded gear can not be auctioned.
And, the upgraded items are already salable via merchant or wherever......so, if you get bored with xxxxx upgraded weapon, sell it.
As always, just my opine.....let the flaming begin ;)

Im not trying to be rude, but none of what your saying makes any sense.

I can understand not allowing the sale of upgraded items.
BUT allowing us to reverse the upgrade (downgrade) and then sell the items should definitely be incorporated into the game ASAP

Im inexperienced on this forum, so.......
could someone please explain to me like I'm 5 years old how to go about getting TW Game Developers/overseers to take this amendment into consideration??

Thanks Guys! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37281

You know you can sell upgraded items to the Mobile Trader Right?

Apelatia

Im inexperienced on this forum, so.......
could someone please explain to me like I'm 5 years old how to go about getting TW Game Developers/overseers to take this amendment into consideration??

Thanks Guys! :D

For the rules and ins and outs of how this particular subsection of the forum works, I'd advise checking this thread: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=30480. Alternatively, you can contact Zd3no via a private message.

neel shah

What if a player wants to delete his account but wants to lend all his items to his townies, but he has upgraded tambola items, so what's the solution to this ?

Pankreas PorFavor

What if a player wants to delete his account but wants to lend all his items to his townies, but he has upgraded tambola items, so what's the solution to this ?

the same solution like if the player wants to give his golden gun to his townies.
on the other hand - when you say "solution", that implies there is a problem. and I don't see a problem. when a player leaves, some stuff goes away with them... if all of the items stay, and get upgraded more and more - a new player has very little chance to be competitive. AND WE NEED NEW PLAYERS! (wanted to make this obvious, just in case this wasn't seen in my last couple of dozen posts :p)

foscock

I don't think downgrading items is necessary. Instead of upgrading a crossbow that you will level past in a few days, use a little planning and forethought. Upgrade only those items you plan to keep for a long time. After all, when you upgraded them, you knew they couldn't be auctioned.