Change the level-up energy & hp fills

• Thread starter DeletedUser6752
  • Start date

DeletedUser6752

Right now whenever we level up, we get 1 AP, 3 SP and automatically get a refill of energy and health points.
Too often in the past, and it still happens now, we would get to a point where we would end up leveling up overnight with the daily bonus experience. This would mean that we would wake up with full energy and hp from our hotel stay anyway, which would negate any benefit gained from the level-up refills.

Proposal: Instead of the auto-fills, just drop a 100% green coffee and a 100% hp potion into our inventory when we level up - that way we can actually benefit from it no matter what time of day we level up.

Pros: We get to benefit from the energy and hp refills from leveling up.

Cons: None that I can see - the refills are something we would be getting anyway but can't always either see or use. This way something we are given anyway will be usable by us no matter what.

Possible change: At lower levels the refills can come close enough together that this might allow a player to stockpile them to some extent - I don't have the skills to figure out what a good level would be, but maybe do the auto-fills up to a certain level (40 or 50, maybe) and then switch to the items put into our inventory. That way nobody could build up a large supply and use them to go on some ridiculously long dueling spree.
That's the only problem I can imagine someone having with this idea, and starting it at a certain midway level should help to eliminate that. Besides, people can stockpile those items anyway with bonds.

DeletedUser

I like this idea. I hate it when I get a level up after a fort fight and I get KO in the fort fight, with this it would increase movement after a fort fight.

DeletedUser34315

I'm a huge fan. I've wasted the last three or four levelups due to sleeping then logging in to discover my XP bonus put me over the edge.

DeletedUser36559

This has happened to me way too many times so you have my vote.

delldell56

+1

or if inno decides to go more cost effective in terms of shop items, it can drop an indian rite necklace (100% energy+100% health, but cheaper than 1 mate tea+1 75% health potion+1 25% health potion), that chains the energy and the hp refills the way a level up does.

Apelatia

A nice, well-thought out idea, Disa. You will have my vote if this goes to the polls. However, perhaps Zd will submit it straight through if there is a lack of criticism for the idea...

Slygoxx

I like it the way it is, actually. Makes it a bit challenging to time it right and it makes the level up process feel more valuable in my opinion. Instead of "Yay, another potion :|", it'll be "Levelled up! Now I can do some more jobs", at least if you aren't at full energy already, which has happened a few times to me as well.

Diggo11

I like it the way it is, actually. Makes it a bit challenging to time it right and it makes the level up process feel more valuable in my opinion. Instead of "Yay, another potion :|", it'll be "Levelled up! Now I can do some more jobs", at least if you aren't at full energy already, which has happened a few times to me as well.
Agreed, there's plenty of options available in the game if you want to play it in boringly easy mode.

DeletedUser35533

well loss of 1 bar of energy is not that big of a deal but +1 from me.Im way past needing it and often I had to time my leveling to get some achievements but I like your idea.with time zones parts of the game that need good timing have often been a logistical nightmare. I would go as far as to say to say maybe daily exp should be given out in potions since at level 145+ its near impossible to time it in a way that would help get the "leveled up doing X" achievements.
I don't get way some people see artificial obstacles and poorly thought out game mechanics as some hardcore gameplay mode.

DeletedUser

+1 from me. Agree that once you get higher up in levels it's almost impossible to time it so that you could benefit from a level up 'during the day'.

And really, isn't the level up supposed to be something akin to a 'good job, you leveled up, here, have a little something from us, some skills and a refill'. In keeping with that spirit wouldn't it be nice if you're free gift from Inno could actually be used, as opposed to the current system which leaves most people feeling frustrated?

I sorta kinda liken it to a free-breakfast voucher that you can only use at 11am...

DeletedUser6752

The way it is now might make it more valuable in your individual opinion, but for many people who end up leveling up overnight from the daily bonus exp, it has no value at all.

When I played premium I never ran out of energy unless I specifically stayed online and worked over 100 15-second jobs; queueing the max of nine 1-hour jobs doesn't even burn all your energy. So perhaps for a premium player it's not so much of an issue.

I haven't been playing premium for a while now, and can easily run out of energy in a number of different scenarios - even being able to queue only four 1-hour jobs at a time.
(Don't forget the dailies!)
So for me a refill would be a huge help and actually valuable, if I were able to take advantage of it during the 2 times a day I'm online - alternately, if I happen to be home on the weekend I can monitor my guy and queue more jobs once the initial 4 are done, and that would be the perfect time for me to be able to use that refill, instead of spending part of the day in the hotel or fort, recharging.

As far as "timing it right" is concerned, once again, if you can commit yourself to being online when you are going to level up that is great - I have a job that takes me out of the house every day for long periods of time, and I don't have an office job, so no access to the game outside the house. And at night I have other responsibilities that require varying amounts of time so being online for me is no longer predictable. So no, there are plenty of us who cannot time it right, and even if we can, there's no guarantee we'll be able to be online when the time IS right.

DeletedUser34408

As far as "timing it right" is concerned, once again, if you can commit yourself to being online when you are going to level up that is great - I have a job that takes me out of the house every day for long periods of time, and I don't have an office job, so no access to the game outside the house. And at night I have other responsibilities that require varying amounts of time so being online for me is no longer predictable. So no, there are plenty of us who cannot time it right, and even if we can, there's no guarantee we'll be able to be online when the time IS right.

I like the way it currently is as well and let's not forget it is an online game and as much as it caters for off-line users already, online users should enjoy the odd benefit of staying online in real time.

NB: You don't have to accept the daily login bonus upon first log-in for the day, you can simply manoeuvre your mouse outside the login bonus screen and it disappears and reappears upon next login which will give you a minimum of 4 x 1hr jobs (and some NPC's for dailies if you are crafty enough) to spend your energy on before levelling up. Another alternative is to do some jobs that give you relatively low XP jobs if you know that you are about to level up early in the day and want to maximise all your energy.

DeletedUser36559

I like the way it currently is as well and let's not forget it is an online game and as much as it caters for off-line users already, online users should enjoy the odd benefit of staying online in real time.

NB: You don't have to accept the daily login bonus upon first log-in for the day, you can simply manoeuvre your mouse outside the login bonus screen and it disappears and reappears upon next login which will give you a minimum of 4 x 1hr jobs (and some NPC's for dailies if you are crafty enough) to spend your energy on before levelling up. Another alternative is to do some jobs that give you relatively low XP jobs if you know that you are about to level up early in the day and want to maximise all your energy.

This will benefit online players aswell, if they didn't want to have full energy at that moment in time incase an FF was going to commence soon or something popped up in real life.

DeletedUser

Even at low levels, this is a good idea as you are giving the player a tangible reward rather than just a recharge. It may actually increase activity time as players start to balance levels up less and keep going, thus being able to use all their energy and hp.

DeletedUser34084

Indeed, let's keep this as it is, shall we? Maybe it's not "fair" as it is right now, but it would be way too easy and overpowered if we'd just get a potion every time we level up. I'm kinda tired of seeing proposals that just help you play in "Easy-mode". A game should be challenging, otherwise it gets kinda... meh.
Even at low levels, this is a good idea as you are giving the player a tangible reward rather than just a recharge. It may actually increase activity time as players start to balance levels up less and keep going, thus being able to use all their energy and hp.
That's why I mentioned "overpowered". At low levels (Under 20), you don't really need your full energy to level up, and you will just stack loads of potions that you can use later.

Apelatia

Indeed, let's keep this as it is, shall we? Maybe it's not "fair" as it is right now, but it would be way too easy and overpowered if we'd just get a potion every time we level up. I'm kinda tired of seeing proposals that just help you play in "Easy-mode". A game should be challenging, otherwise it gets kinda... meh.

The feature as it currently stands is pointless at higher levels, as I can say with quite some certainty that a large proportion of us are levelling up as soon as we receive the daily login bonus, and this is often after we have set our characters to be sleeping at night, thus meaning that we'd have full energy and health. As it is, the daily login bonus is the primary source of experience at higher levels specifically, and having this refill is often quite pointless. Disa's proposal is far from asking for the game to be made easier, but rather is suggesting that a use is made for a feature which is scarcely used at higher levels. It takes a while to level up at those higher levels, so I'm a little skeptical that one potion would be considered as being 'overpowered'. By suggesting that the addition of potions instead of the automatic refill would be too easy, you're suggesting that an otherwise mostly useless feature should stay in the game... The game is far from being as challenging as it once was, and this won't make it any less challenging as far as I see it.

Perhaps a revision could be made that the potion is given after a certain level when the distance between levels is great enough that the potion would not be considered as 'overpowered'? At level 146, having one potion to refill my energy and health is really not going to have that big of an impact on how quickly I reach the next level.

DeletedUser36559

That's why I mentioned "overpowered". At low levels (Under 20), you don't really need your full energy to level up, and you will just stack loads of potions that you can use later.

You can stack up loads of potions without even getting it after each level so I don't see what your point is? A lot of people end up wasting one full energy bar after daily xp bonus so atleast with refills we can use energy twice as efficiently.

DeletedUser6752

To quote my original post:

Possible change: At lower levels the refills can come close enough together that this might allow a player to stockpile them to some extent - I don't have the skills to figure out what a good level would be, but maybe do the auto-fills up to a certain level (40 or 50, maybe) and then switch to the items put into our inventory. That way nobody could build up a large supply and use them to go on some ridiculously long dueling spree.
That's the only problem I can imagine someone having with this idea, and starting it at a certain midway level should help to eliminate that. Besides, people can stockpile those items anyway with bonds.