Duelling changes - The West Beta!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Does anyone know where you look to see how many hours you have left before you can be dueled, as in when the 72 hours is up? The sheriff's office timer seems to be connected to the 24 hours in which you can not initiate a duel, rather than how long before you can be dueled.

just look at duel report where you have been knocked out.

DeletedUser

well basically i have been forced to go town less in two worlds and just try to do jobs close to town to bank in the other it really sucks and yes im getting dueled left and right but my high hp keeps me from getting koed so i feel im working to pay duelers now so i will most likely just quit thanks for the fun before you ruined it . and NO WHEN YOU KNOW ABOUT A BUG FOR YEARS AND DON"T FIX IT NOR BANN PLAYERS FOR EXPLOITING IT IT IS NO LONGER A BUG PERIOD.AND NO EVERYONE IN THE OLD WEST WASN"T FORCED TO DUEL.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36182

Well Inno, once again you've dropped the ball. There is a choice on whether or not to participate in every other aspect of the game except dueling. Care to explain why you think that this is so crucial to the game??? How many times a day/week should one person be allowed to rob you before it becomes harassment??? Are your bright ideas based on what is easiest to code or best for the whole community???

DeletedUser34773

I dont think this duel idea wasnt thought enough reasons are

1.nothing but people running around dueling everyone so no need to buy automation no one will be able to stay 9hrs without being dueling time after time. automation- 50 nuggets

2. charter bonus wont need that since everyone will have to too; their character for dueling
character bonus - 50 nuggets

3. higher income wont need that since putting all your points for dueling means most jobs wont pay much anymore -50nuggets

4. energy points wont need that wont be doing many jobs so thats not needed, - 50 nuggets

5.If i wanted to go around shooting people i would put in call of duty dvd and play there,I joined the west because of the crafting,trading and most inportant the quests which are challenging, I believe the game will lose many people with the new changes one of which will proability be me

Reyne

just look at duel report where you have been knocked out.

Wow. Really? OMG. You're so smart. You think we hadn't thought of that?

That would be too obvious :p

Thanks, Smartypants. :rolleyes: I just thought Inno devs would do the courteous thing, since we're now forced to duel, by fixing up a freaking timer for the non-duelers. But OMG, it's all about the duelers convenience. We can't have anyone coding anything convenient for the non-duelers, now can we?

[/sarcasm]

Last edited:

DeletedUser1121

Well Inno, once again you've dropped the ball. There is a choice on whether or not to participate in every other aspect of the game except dueling. Care to explain why you think that this is so crucial to the game??? How many times a day/week should one person be allowed to rob you before it becomes harassment??? Are your bright ideas based on what is easiest to code or best for the whole community???

The update was done on the 29th. So tell me how it influenced your game.. Getting dueled more often? To a point where you were forced to quit or felt harassed?

I did some checks, the last time you have been dueled was the 20th of January. Yeah, that must feel terrible to be harassed like that.

Nisa

Wow. Really? OMG. You're so smart. You think we hadn't thought of that?

Thanks, Smartypants. :rolleyes: I just thought Inno devs would do the courteous thing, since we're now forced to duel, by fixing up a freaking timer for the non-duelers. But OMG, it's all about the duelers convenience. We can't have anyone coding anything convenient for the non-duelers, now can we?

[/sarcasm]

I am not sure I understand what are you complaining about. Looking at your join date and you are an old player, that started playing before fort battles when it was clearly just dueling game, with 2 hours jobs , limited equipment and having to do everything hard way ( no help with quests etc)

Dueling changes were needed badly and from such an old player like yourself one would expect he/she knows how to use game options to avoid getting dueled and not expect everything served on a plate. How hard is to check report ?

DeletedUser

Well, some of us don't generally save our reports. I clean mine out every day. Well, I certainly can try to keep the report when I'm knocked out, it is just as likely that I will accidentally delete it in the course of 72 hours.

It is certainly not a critical issue, but it would be a nice enhancement if they would update the sheriff to show both times in some manner.

Nisa

Well, some of us don't generally save our reports. I clean mine out every day. Well, I certainly can try to keep the report when I'm knocked out, it is just as likely that I will accidentally delete it in the course of 72 hours.

It is certainly not a critical issue, but it would be a nice enhancement if they would update the sheriff to show both times in some manner.

Now this sounds much better. How about you post this suggestion in Ideas and Brainfarts section? I do believe many will support it.

DeletedUser35352

I am not sure I understand what are you complaining about. Looking at your join date and you are an old player, that started playing before fort battles when it was clearly just dueling game, with 2 hours jobs , limited equipment and having to do everything hard way ( no help with quests etc)

Dueling changes were needed badly and from such an old player like yourself one would expect he/she knows how to use game options to avoid getting dueled and not expect everything served on a plate. How hard is to check report ?

Well im also an "old" player and just to clerify things: old west was an different game than present game:
- much longer traveling times --> less duels
- no items whatsoever for nuggets/bonds
- no skill buying and so on
so i dont get this kinda rude reply from you...

Improve dueling? No problem but then first get rid of the ZMD - as Pty pointed out - combine duel motivation to money gained from duel.

DeletedUser36182

The update was done on the 29th. So tell me how it influenced your game.. Getting dueled more often? To a point where you were forced to quit or felt harassed?

I did some checks, the last time you have been dueled was the 20th of January. Yeah, that must feel terrible to be harassed like that.

I was referring to a town mate who was dueled by the same player (who is 24 levels higher) on Jan 29th, 30th, and twice on the 31st. I see this as excessive, hence the comment.

DeletedUser35101

Timer at sheriffs office can be updated in very simply way.. "add full timer and color"

When person gets KO.. timer at sheriff says either 3 days (as it was before) or says 72 hrs in red color... indicating noone can set duel and noone can duel you

After first 24 hrs expire.. change color from red to green saying either 2 days or do countdown for 48 hrs..

Timer goes to 0.. well.. we do have that black one saying "You're ready"

Easy.. and everyone happy!

DeletedUser

I'm sure all these issue will be resolved as soon as Petee releases update to his twdb cloth calc script :p

DeletedUser35101

hahhah yes.. but Petee shouldn't be one fixing this.. or he should than also receive pay check from Inno too..

Timer has to be correct for everyone.. those that wan't to duel and for those that don't..

Person gets KO, timer should say for all 3 days.
After first day expires timer says 2 days (think those that want to go back to dueling can understand what it means)
Than 1 day.. than countdown to 0 hrs.. same as it was..!

Nisa

Well im also an "old" player and just to clerify things: old west was an different game than present game:
- much longer traveling times --> less duels
- no items whatsoever for nuggets/bonds
- no skill buying and so on
so i dont get this kinda rude reply from you...

Improve dueling? No problem but then first get rid of the ZMD - as Pty pointed out - combine duel motivation to money gained from duel.

Then we must have played different game.
By the end of 2009. there was w11 already open as full premium world. I remember players flying from one side of the map to another using nuggets just to duel someone that ran from them. It was literally impossible to make a step towards the job without getting dueled. Map was big not 14 counties like now, I'm sure you remember that.

We had many more players and counties were crowded with towns ( and players) so I dont see how you can even compare it with how it is today and say less duels ? Today you get rarely dueled, not before.

No items for bonds and nuggets I agree with, thus no extra SP/AP bonus and everything was much harder to accomplish ( and more fun ).

Deleted User - 1693871

World 11 was definitely not full premium in 2009. You're mixing it up with Arizona, which was the first full premium world in June 2010.

Ripwise

W11 became Full premium(added skill and atribute buying and energy refill) on 18.08.2010.

I agree with Nisa concerning duelers before and today. In 2010 you couldnt be out there for an hour and not be dueled but as far as i know no one used job KO and all workers were KOd(willingly or unwillingy) and had protection that way. Seems only after V2.0 arrived people started to job KO and get protection.

DeletedUser

W11 became Full premium(added skill and atribute buying and energy refill) on 18.08.2010.

I agree with Nisa concerning duelers before and today. In 2010 you couldnt be out there for an hour and not be dueled but as far as i know no one used job KO and all workers were KOd(willingly or unwillingy) and had protection that way. Seems only after V2.0 arrived people started to job KO and get protection.

Remember you used to be able to Quest NPC KO - worked the same way that job KO just did... and went the same way!