Duelling changes - The West Beta!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

Deleted User - 1693871

Well, it will probably take several weeks to to see how this update settles out. For the first bit of time I think we are going to be seeing a lot of people trying to adjust their duel level down by purposely losing duels.

This is already happening, deliberate exploiting of the ability to lose duelling levels by losing duelling experience, without affecting their position in the duelling rankings.

Molly Beth

this might make non-duellers play better! and not be lazy game players.

You MUST be joking... Non-duelers play the way they want to play. Just because that doesn't involve dueling doesn't make it any better or worse. It is exactly this type of arrogance by duelers that cause issues in the first place.

1Big Chief

Some options...

1. Can't go on Vacation anymore .. as I & others have a bounty on our heads ? :(
I have never been KO'd in a duel on World 1... something I am proud of.. that should be history now.. should I decide to go on my 2nd vacation since playing this game for years

2. Maybe there should be a Reserved chat room (like Saloons) that is purely for players that are Townless ?
I think that for those that don't want to be a part of towns anymore, shouldn't lose the social aspect of the game.
Here they will be able to interact with other friends/peeps that are Townless.. (not saloon chat)
Call it an... "Alliance of Townless People" ... if you like :p

3. As said earlier.. let offline Players at Fort fights be SAFE from dueling the next day.. simply because they are at a Fort Location.

This could all have been avoided had Inno made Dueling more fun with the Idea I offered a while back... Duel Showdown
I don't believe it has been rejected yet.. but been forever in the waiting

Other than that.. always good when improvements are ATTEMPTED
Either they work... or don't.. but its a move to improve.. but can always remedy later ;)

http://westtips.weebly.com/uploads/3/0/1/7/3017529/6220597_orig.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1693871

I just have to quote this red rep I got earlier tonight. :D

"Total noob! Jobs now depend on level and not lp and thats why you can KO on a job. Before you had rare jobs you could KO yourself because you needed lp first to unlock them and even when you did you didnt do em cause you didnt want to get KOd!"

Pot calling the kettle black, noob yourself whoever you are. It will come as a surprise to whoever wrote that, but we know ... and people did do job KOs that way. If you're going to write such rubbish in a red rep, at least sign your name so I know who to give a red rep rant back to. :D

DeletedUser36559

Some options...

1. Can't go on Vacation anymore .. as I & others have a bounty on our heads ? :(

Use a little energy at a high danger job and then use the last 12 energy and KO yourself in a duel.

2. Maybe there should be a Reserved chat room (like Saloons) that is purely for players that are Townless ?

Everyone will go Townless then, majority don't even speak in town/alliance/saloon chats.

3. As said earlier.. let offline Players at Fort fights be SAFE from dueling the next day.. simply because they are at a Fort Location.

Offline FF'ers will be virtually unduelable then and the only times you can duel them are during their travelling times between FF's.

HelenBack

In general, I like the changes...

I have been a ZMD and the reason I chose that route was to make sure I wouldn't run out of dueling targets like so many duelers have in the past. I really didn't want to have to run all over the world trying to hit the possible dozen or less targets that happen to be awake, not in a battle, and not KO'd. I gave up on dueling after I was no longer able to lower my duel level via NPCs when they split the Dueling and NPC dueling mots. I wasn't a very active dueler, but I didn't want to get a high dueling level while I was focussing on other parts of the game.

When the duel mot split was done and ZMDs raised a fuss, we were told to "suck it up" by most of the non-duelers who were happy that we were being forced to travel all over to get our duel mot down... Although that kinda backfired since a lot of low levels wound up being dueled so ZMDs could lower their mots... So I actually think that was worse for the non-duelers than the duelers... The ones who gave the least amount of XP were dueled more frequently just to lower mot... Whereas before the NPCs soaked up the mot and allowed the ZMDs to go after larger prey. :p

So, now that the duelers are finally getting an update that will (hopefully) make dueling a lot more fun again, all the non-duelers are upset. I'm not surprised... This started out as a DUELING game... Forts came later. When I started, there was only a rumour about forts... no one knew what they would be like. When they finally did show up, they made a nice addition to the game. But still, dueling was the best... No Hotel cooldown... Real camping at a town and dueling everyone from the town's Saloon no matter where the actual townie was... and of course, NO PANTS! :laugh:

My main concern that pushed me into ZMD was to make sure that dueling wouldn't become dull with only a few people to duel... With the Duel Level cap, I think that will help out a lot! And I also like that you can lose duel experience/levels if you lose duels... That makes sense. I understand the concern that some people may exploit that... But a real dueler wouldn't want to lose a duel... They like their win/lose ratio to favour the "wins". So I don't see this as a problem. ;)

Having the non-duelers lose 1% of their dueling XP each week will help keep their duel level down if some noob duels them and loses. Good addition. :)

I like that the Duel Protection has been increased to 72 hours for the non-duelers... That will hopefully keep them from complaining a lot for not having the Job KO bug anymore. I never liked that bug... I thought it should have been squashed a long time ago. I really really like that a dueler can remove the Duel Protection after only 24 hours by initiating a duel... Having to wait 48 hours to duel is a lifetime for a pure dueler. Especially when you just got killed on a stoooooopid job. :p

I'm looking forward to giving this update a chance... I hope others will too. :)

PrancingPurplePony

question... if the people that used to job ko to be protected all decide to suicide once every three days for that protection as recommended by several of the people that are mods here, or they go townless for unlimited protection, then how has this one part of the change helped increase the number of targets/victims that duelers will find?
I read a lot about how it is such a great number of people that used the job ko and that one feature seems to take a lot of the blame for not enough targets/victims for duelers. But then you turn around and say how to continue to be protected so it can't really be that there were too many people using the job ko.

On an aside, the whole thing is backwards as the townless ought to be the duelers and the townspeople protected from duelers. That is closer to the way things actually were. I don't recall any western movie/book whatever that called it dueling, it's a gunfight or a shootout and one side calls out the other, who either shows up or sneaks out the back door to go hide. what we have here is an ambush, no matter what you chose to call it.

Molly Beth

If you want to duel, be a dueler and duel other duelers and leave everyone else, who do not wish to duel, alone. But I guess it isn't any fun dueling anyone where it would be a challenge. It is much better to slap around people who cannot, for what ever reason, defend themselves.

Nice to know that the Devs are now catering to the nugget munching thugs....

DeletedUser

""Having the non-duelers lose 1% of their dueling XP each week will help keep their duel level down if some noob duels them and loses. Good addition. :)""
no that's not good for the non dueler who dose not wish his/her duel level raised
so that higher leveled duelers can bash them every time they get out of bed

DeletedUser

As a person who has been lazy in these forums over the last year I didn't know that dueling was changing. I'm one of those apparently evil people that do ZMD ( I guess I'm 1MD now). After reading 2 of my dueling reports I noticed the change and was pissed. So here I am reading and responding to a 29 page forum.

Over all I think the changes are good. The level cap at 450 is great and was needed a long time ago. Also the decline in dueling rank over not dueling in 45 days is a good move too.

I don't like the 1% base, The only server I have fun anymore is my one dueling world. The five servers I fort fight on have gotten boring to me as battles don't fill and people just bail in and block on every single defense like zombie lemmings. There are now only 2 real ways to pump up your town rank, its either have some really full construction church builders or have some really good ZMD that get you a ton of dueling points for your town. That was my main purpose of my ZMD dueler on Colorado. Now that is being taken away.

I would have guessed that Inno loved ZMD as I spend more nuggets on that one character reducing travel times to hit the 2-3 lowest level targets on the whole map and I do that at least 2 times a day. My ZMD spends more nuggets than all 5 of my fort fighters combined.

Also the last thing I don't get is all the whining about job KOes to protect people. I can't remember the last time on any of my fort fighting servers that I was KOed by a dueler. On most servers you might get dueled once a day while doing jobs. For curiosity I went counted reports on world 11 and my fort fighter got dueled a total of eight times all month and I was never Job KOed.

DeletedUser34295

Nice to know that the Devs are now catering to the nugget munching thugs....

It's not so much about the Devs as about Innogames as a whole. Regardless of what one might think of the update and how one might try to turn it around, Innogames is a company who is there to make money - not to necessarily give everyone what they want.

As a player you really only have one choice, either you play the game they provide to you, or you don't.If there's something I've learnt after years and years of all kinds of online gaming it's this: games are not a democracy.

DeletedUser36432

People have a very low opinion of zero-mot duelers. They think we only go after weak targets, and for many of us, that simply isn't true. It's certainly not true for me, I go after everyone. We just don't want an absurd difference between our actual level and our duel level.

Once our mot gets to 0, THEN we hit the big fishies. We bring our mot to 0 because we don't want our duel level to spike, because then we'll be open to attack by people 50 actual levels above us ... OF COURSE we want a low dueling level, lol, it's common sense. I don't like being attacked by people 50 actual levels above me, it's not an even playing field.

This whole XP dueling is a farce anyhow. I can spend all day hitting high level fort fighters to spike my duel XP to make it on the ranking board, but that doesn't mean I'm a good dueler.

Jody

DeletedUser

Can`t there be another vote about this that would be announced in-game? Also you should probably mention everything in it, duel changes, job KO getting removed and having a bigger majority of the players to vote. I mean, 66 players voting is not a majority that should be counted, after all why should the game get messed up(even more) from a bunch of players who happened to see that there was a poll, but as stated, it would`ve been different if someone had mentioned job KO removal.

DeletedUser8627

Can`t there be another vote about this that would be announced in-game? Also you should probably mention everything in it, duel changes, job KO getting removed and having a bigger majority of the players to vote. I mean, 66 players voting is not a majority that should be counted, after all why should the game get messed up(even more) from a bunch of players who happened to see that there was a poll, but as stated, it would`ve been different if someone had mentioned job KO removal.

We do not run polls to see if a feature should be implemented into the game or not. That poll being run is to indicate to us that we should send it to the developers for review. We don't send every single idea to the developers, we run through a process and if the idea passes within the process it is then sent off. Ultimately, it is up to the PM, devs etc... to decide what will be implemented into the game.

DeletedUser

No it won't. It's in for good, so get used to it - dueling is no longer optional.

Not the point I was trying to make. I know it is here to stay. :)

The point is right now there are a lot of people running around trying to use the new rules to adjust their duel level ( reduce it ) in a manner that would not be considered their normal mode of play. Some of them will be at it for a while as it will take some time to reduce 100+ duel levels above their character level. After a couple of weeks we should see how people settle into the new system and then we will have a better idea on how the system levels out and what suggestions might be made to improve on it going forward.

As of now, the only real difference I have seen in the first 24 hours or so, is when I do my 2 daily bond duels, there are a lot more people out there with pillows, rotten eggs, and other crappy duel weapons. :)

DeletedUser

If it is at 3% floor I will only hit people within the 3 lowest levels I can. This will make camping low levels even worse. I feel bad for them cause I have to get in my 10-12 duels a day to keep raising my town points.

DeletedUser25802

You MUST be joking... Non-duelers play the way they want to play. Just because that doesn't involve dueling doesn't make it any better or worse. It is exactly this type of arrogance by duelers that cause issues in the first place.

arrogance? since when is the truth been called arrogance? learn to bank your money instead of keeping it in hand, oh but no you're too lazy to do so and than complain when you lose it.

plan your game play better, when you have low energy and are about to sleep anyway go take all your clothes off and challenge a dueller you know will KO you and get a 72 hr! but no you're too lazy to work all that out,

i bet you use the TW-DB quest help all the time as well because you're too lazy to work out what to do on a quest yourself!

arrogance! LMFAO :D

Diggo11

""Having the non-duelers lose 1% of their dueling XP each week will help keep their duel level down if some noob duels them and loses. Good addition. :)""
no that's not good for the non dueler who dose not wish his/her duel level raised
so that higher leveled duelers can bash them every time they get out of bed
I don't think you actually understand how the update works.

question... if the people that used to job ko to be protected all decide to suicide once every three days for that protection as recommended by several of the people that are mods here, or they go townless for unlimited protection, then how has this one part of the change helped increase the number of targets/victims that duelers will find?
You're confusing two issues. There was a lack of duelling targets at higher duel levels -- the duel level cap has fixed that almost immediately. The problem at lower duel levels is zero motivation duellers trying to keep their motivation down by belting the same small pool of players over and over. (To make matters worse, primarily new players plus those too noble to abuse a bug.) By using a duel KO at a convenient time, it's one less unexpected duel needed against this group. There's also a host of other problems that others raised throughout the thread like bounties; read back some pages if you're interested.