Duelling changes - The West Beta!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=54872

66 for and 12 against is clearly the voted majority!

That poll was only for the duel level cap only. Not the other changes. I bet if that poll included a drop of the job KO's it would have had a different result.

I still think this change is a good step in the right direction, but I never really used job KO's, even back when I played for a couple of years as an adventurer with 0 duels as challenger.

Lanky Nibs

Change the rules however you wish. I can also change MY rules and therefore will keep my wallet closed in regards to The West. That is all.

DeletedUser

well reading through this it seems the mods don't care and the best choice is to go town less (no fear of pushing bann ) but the excuses i hear are in the old west no one was given a opt out of dueling button but most lived in towns just for that reason the protection afforded by the town not the opposite gunfighters dd not go into towns and just target workers

DeletedUser

It would be interesting to see what a "remove job ko protection" vote result would be - to late now - or is it ?

DeletedUser

It does not have an impact on non-duellers (even at max character lvl 150, you are unlikely to have a duel level twice as large as your character level even if you win the occasional duel). hmmmmmmm but it ends up effectting non duelers the most

DeletedUser

This new dueling system stinks,
It's more like bushwhacking not dueling.
I should have a choice of getting dueled it should be an option.
I bet you receive alot of complaints about this.
Please revert back to the old system or modify what you have put in place.

Please check the dictionary as to what a duel is.

1Big Chief

As I said in the beta forum post, (since we want to focus on the 48h)

It won't suit me since I have abused it for about 1,5 year, but it still doesn't make sense to have a duelling protection when getting a job ko. So yes, it is the right thing to do.

On the other hand though, it's pushing my hand towards the reskill button way easier, leaving us with 1 less fort fighting tank just to be able to defend myself and do what I want to do. I would prefer it if someone could reassure me that fort fights won't suffer because of this. I will be terribly pissed off the moment I hear people saying: I will be offline, I won't come because if I survive I will get duelled.

Help me find a solution to this and I'm all with you about the 48h ko.

The most simplistic solution is/should-be... when you are at a Fort location.. you can't be dueled @ all..
So if you survive a fort fight (as offline .. no sleep action) .. you won't be dueled.. and will surely increase attendance

... unless.. like in a duel situation... if you dueled someone within 45mins.. You WILL still be duelable ;)

DeletedUser35352

Definition of duel in English:
chiefly historical
1A prearranged contest with deadly weapons between two people in order to settle a point of honour.

ok rename the ingame action to backstabbing or bullying or assault and im cool with it :)

DeletedUser

[FONT=&quot]I have been playing the west for 2 years now; I was ready to quit the game after a couple weeks because of the bullies/duelers. The only reason I kept playing was because I found out I could job ko myself.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On 2 of the 3 worlds I play on I went townless a few months ago due to things I had going on in rl. Now that I am townless on these worlds I really don’t care about them. I log in every day but don’t really do anything. Dakota is my main world and I am a town founder and alliance leader, does inno really want me to have to go townless there? Why would I even keep playing? I don’t know if I will quit the game or not but I do know one thing for sure; I won’t be buying anymore nuggets.[/FONT]

Molly Beth

This is so utterly ridiculous. As a non dueler, I have to option dueling and losing, which I don't want to do since I DON'T DUEL, or just being cannon fodder for all of the blood thirsty idiots out there who have nothing better to do. And the lovely side effect of THAT is that I not only lose any xp and cash I happen to have on me while working, since that is what I do when I am not in a fort fight, I also lose duel levels and duel xp if I don't duel?

Who ever came up with this brilliant idea must be a dueler. Not everyone in this stupid game likes to log and see that they have been KO's by some little twit with a chip on his shoulder.

Inno is going to lose a lot of players to Vacation Mode over this.

DeletedUser

Interesting, I was wondering where that 'the community wanted these changes' stuff was coming from.

Except, that did not include the job KO change, did it?

If it had included that change, you can bet the voting would have been completely different.

but as stated numerous times already, job KO is a bug, therefore there is absolutely no need for poll. removing job KO is bugfix!

DeletedUser5273

This change will be fine. Non-duellers will just KO each other and be safe for 72 hours. They don't care about duelling stats. This is a minor inconvenience. Fort fighters will do the same after fights.

DeletedUser36011

but as stated numerous times already, job KO is a bug, therefore there is absolutely no need for poll. removing job KO is bugfix!

Yes, but the other bug which exists is not changed, which is keeping the cash at full tote odds with duels, the cash earnt should be reflective of motivation like it is with jobbing. Bounties excluded. This change alone would also see a reduction in ZMD;s because they have no cash to play with too

Deleted User - 1693871

Except .... a feature that devs put into a game deliberately, then remove deliberately, then put back in deliberately, as has happened with the job KO.

Is not a bug. :)

DeletedUser

Well, it will probably take several weeks to to see how this update settles out. For the first bit of time I think we are going to be seeing a lot of people trying to adjust their duel level down by purposely losing duels.

Some of the people who would be likely candidates for duel ko'ing yourself on are running around with low damage weapons hoping others duel then to lower their duel level.

DeletedUser25802

this might make non-duellers play better! and not be lazy game players.

i really like these changes :D