Joining A Town?

DeletedUser

:laugh: Hello, I'm a brand new player and was wondering how do I join a town? :indian:

DeletedUser33353

A few different ways.
Have an invitation, check the bill board, or start your own.
And, welcome to The West Community.

DeletedUser

If there is a specific town that you wish to join, when you click on the town, there will be a little 'arrow' to the left on the Town screen, which - when you click on it - opens up the 'Greeting' board of the town. Most towns will have the contact listed whom you should contact to ask for an invite.
You could also take over a 'Ghost Town'. (Not the Ghost Town - Quest Giver). If you click on any ghost town, you will be given the option to take it over. It takes 8 hours and 80 Energy (as well as a little money), but when it is complete, you get the whole town at your disposal, all ready built.
If you choose to form your OWN town from SCRATCH, you need to find a suitable plot. These are scattered all over the map and will look like empty building-plots.
Going down THIS route is a loooong road. It will cost you a LOT of money to build up your town, as well as a LOT of Energy and a LOOOOOT of time. You could always get friends to join you and help you in your efforts though.
Good luck and welcome to the game. :)

Red Falcon

Welcome to The West!

:laugh: Hello, I'm a brand new player and was wondering how do I join a town? :indian:

Hello, Zephyranna! And welcome to The West! First of all, before you join a town, consider this: The West is wild and filled with outlaws and bandits great and small. When you join a town, people will be able to duel you. So if you're new to The West, you're probably new to the concept of dueling. So here are a couple handy tips for saving your hard-earned cash...

1: If you intend on staying in a town for an extended period of time, then you will want to bank your money and bank it often! If you want to avoid getting dueled, I suggest you do a high level job for about 15 seconds to knock yourself out. Doing so will give you 48-hour protection from duels.

2: If you don't like the sound of the above idea, then try this: If you need to be a member of a town to complete some quests (And you probably will) then consider staying in town until after you complete said quest. Once this is done, you can pretty much leave town and gather as much money as you want without having to bank...Unless there's a bounty on your head. If this is the case, then watch out! As players WILL be able to attack you even if you're not a member of a town. So again if you check your own profile and your status is 'WANTED' you will want to bank your money often until your bounty is collected (In which case, you may get knocked out) or people forget about you.

Keep this in mind if you intend to join a town...Cheers and good luck! :D

DeletedUser33353

Glad to see the good advice of players giving a new player.
Of course, after looking at the original date of the original post....errrrrr, yall seem to be late to the party.

DeletedUser

Of course, after looking at the original date of the original post....errrrrr, yall seem to be late to the party.
Nah. It was less than a month ago. I check my posts WAAAAY longer than that. :)

DeletedUser33353

Either way, I do hope the original poster has found a town, and continues to have fun :)

DeletedUser36559

The original poster hasn't read any of this apart from the first comment but all the best to the original poster.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't worry about it. I have posted questions on here, looked for an answer, then forgotten about it. Then I come back a few months later and read what was posted after I got my answer. It's always good to catch up on what happened after I 'left the room'. :)