Speed World - Gold Rush - Discuss here

DeletedUser35520

"There will only be enough room for 5000 cowboys and girls, so register quickly if you want to join!"

so how is general feeling towards the number of participants? two days passed, less then 800 registered, and only 500 above level 20 (which can be done in only few hours really).

i tried and joined on second day. it looked like fun, but when i hit level 20 (i believe that's when normal job figures are set), i lost interest in 2 minutes.

only thing that i'm curious about is to see who will get no-nuggets-used reward. that's where skill reallly comes into play.

beta speed world was popular, but i think it burned people out. the event is a grind and ceases to be fun for a lot quickly. I think it should be a 7-10 day event or even only 3 days depending on what the goal is. That last week especially on Maralinga was hard to sit through with rigged multi FF's called nonstop for achievements, etc... that ruins the enjoyment of the actual game. But this is all new and will take some working to get the kinks out. I still applaud them for trying something new.:dastardly:

DeletedUser

Maybe even add fixed "milestone" prizes, like reaching 5000 ach.points gives you 50 nuggets and so. Something small (or not :)) but still tempting for players to compete.

And definitely make it shorter event.

DeletedUser

I would have hoped to see more participants, as the test we did on the beta was very popular.
It will be one of the things we will look at when we evaluate the event. One of the things that could have been done better was advertise it a bit sooner. Due to some things i couldn't control, it wasn't possible to do it any sooner.

One reason many people will stay out is because this worlds with achievements are dependable on someone getting an "army" of people working for him/her.
Fort fights where 200 people are there just to get upbs and buy chests to open and give the clothes to a single player, players that just make 2-3 works to drop products to others, players that just build towns and forts to help others, players that raise fast to level 80 and start to use all motivation on the travelling merchant to drop the recipes so there friends can get into the 600 on the 2 or 3 day of the server...

On this worlds there is the need to get a gate at the door. Only letting people in if they are there to fight for the big prizes. When 99% of the people that gets there is just to help others... the world will suck and the ones that don´t want to help a single player or don´t have an "army" behind them, will just ignore the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35120

Personally speaking, I think the duration of event killed it for me. As we all know the event is a grind and there's a huge advantage if you just sit at the pc 18 hours a day. And yes tbh with some highly active and dedicated west players around, there are people who will manage to do that (I believe) for almost all the 28 days. But for me it's impossible - weekdays are busy days. Yes, I may be able to sit at the pc all day during the weekend (Like the CTG event, where some people even complain why I'm I online for almost all the 36 hours of the event :p), but only once a while.. which keeps me nowhere near to the top rankings. And after all the 'half-effort', I'll end up somewhere in the middle of the rankings, and that toon will be deleted as well. (it's a speed world, it should be deleted, not that I'm complaining - but my time was wasted.. as I won't be able to take all the fun of it).

I did start playing on the speed world, with a lot of internal conflicts in my mind whether I should play or not. I whooshed to get some travel achievements first, and Henry kept saying my name, I liked it. :) But soon, I realised I won't be able to carry on this grind for 28 days. So I gave up after 2 hours. Cowardly, maybe.. but yea.

But again, that's just me.

Idk what the solution could be if many players feel the same, maybe an 'ultra-speed' world instead of a 'speed' world. +3600% of everything instead of the +900% atm (Not sure if it's possible anytime soon) and may it be a 3-day event(Friday-Sunday), or a 2-day event (Saturday-Sunday).

DeletedUser35968

Two days away from this game. And I missed this opportunity to play in Gold Rush.
Thank God :)

Nisa

Ranking after day 6 :

Rank |Name |AchievementPoints
1. |Daykoda |9285
2. |Wyatt twerp |8765
3. |rohith4444 |8365
4. |herra |7970
5. |mani86 |7295
6. |Smartypants1 |7160
7. |nicola337 |7130
8. |napole |6905
9. |RickTractorBolturd |6880
10. |mamaWeasleyisGangsta |6855
11. |magalex |6810
12. |PtyLtd |6810
13. |Nisa |6630
14. |LegendKiller94 |6315
15. |Alikabok |6260
16. |zanolin |5895
17. |B.E.L.A. |5825
18. |knnogy |5805
19. |Lanky Nibs |5715
20. |kilted-scotsman |5715
21. |kolinzz |5715
22. |Doc.Holl |5705
23. |True Britt |5655
24. |Far Vest |5630
25. |xalita42 |5520
26. |Hoodoo Lenoir |5370
27. |BlmCnty |5370
28. |Iniquitous |5205
29. |mthea |5165
30. |ColtJarvis |5140
31. |Anuc |5035
32. |MadMontanaMaddie |5005
33. |Kamchoob |4945
34. |Ex-Lover |4910
35. |wpqr |4855
36. |ramoluad |4830
37. |bobofolde |4830
38. |cowboypieter |4795
39. |Ins0mniaC |4785
40. |thespyter |4780
41. |going to you |4755
42. |BANG BANG SUBLIME |4750
43. |clavalla |4745
44. |DESKOTO |4650
45. |Mr Long Sleeves |4650
46. |Kallashi |4580
47. |MishaBG |4565
48. |aprilia15 |4530
49. |pexmachine |4485
50. | msr707 |4485

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

for the most part I have liked Gold rush except for being dueled a lot. I've been leveling up fast as I can. my question is what is going to happen to the characters at the end? will we be able to transfer them to other worlds? or will all this effort for those that lose be waisted?

DeletedUser1121

The world will be closed and eventually reset for future usage.

DeletedUser33639

it is only for me or the Gold rush world is down ? i am not able to login for past 10 mins

DeletedUser35520

Speed world has become more of a dead world lately. the theme really has to change. 28 days is far too long to keep interest for most. Also, as was mentioned on beta by some, the points for item collections should be reduced. I've heard quite a few say they were leaving the speed world due to high spending players loaning their items to certain free players, essentially choosing who who will the free prize. The argument on beta (although there was no free prize, just the same scenario) was its a team game. Well, individual tournaments are not team games, but do create arranged partnerships for these type events, so reducing the points of master collections from 500 to like 25 would simply mean leveling the playing field. Or just give away more prizes top 100 or whatever and that might fix the problems mentioned above all at once

Personally, I think speed worlds should offer something different to keep players staying, not just a faster pace, grind, that most seem to quit and actually hurts the interest of playing the normal worlds. I would like to see Gatling guns and geronimo's weapons offered. Have world vs world team FF's. GT's vs Howdahs. Offer double luck drop total so players can get drops of better items that are chest only at the moment. Class blending or selection of abilities. Just something different than normal worlds. I remember reading the fort in the center of the map was capable of doing odd battles such as soldiers vs advents, things like that but please add a twist or reduce the time cause 28 days of that would not last either

DeletedUser35520

In your opinion.

As the poster, I think that part was clear already, but its not just mine, its lots. if a server's activity is tanked at 22 days now (but clearly earlier) then there is a problem or several that need to be addressed to keep interest long term. If things are ignored then just call speed worlds "pirate events 2.0", as fewer and fewer people will join regardless of rewards. That is not worth, as I mentioned then you also mentioned, taking away interest away from real servers.

DeletedUser35968

There shouldn't be any nuggets in speed worlds. Just the free nuggets we get from daily login.

Because of nugget munchiers, normal people won't play. The top ranks are far beyond reach for normal players. So only very less people will play.

Since Innogames's only interest in speed world is nugget purchases, I wont think more people are going to play it.

DeletedUser36559

If they do intent to put non-prem players in speed worlds they should create two separate speed worlds, one where nuggets are able to be purchased and one without. They can limit the number of non-prem players so they don't lose too much money in the process aswell. It's impossible for non-prem players to even compete with prem players achievement wise.

DeletedUser

the only thing I don't like in this gold rush world is not getting anything out of it after spending so much time on it and feeling like a big waist of time and effort to only have it close and get nothing in return. I for one find the speed world fun for a change, but like I said, the fun was taken when found out get nothing for the effort.

DeletedUser36011

There shouldn't be any nuggets in speed worlds. Just the free nuggets we get from daily login.

Because of nugget munchiers, normal people won't play. The top ranks are far beyond reach for normal players. So only very less people will play.

Since Innogames's only interest in speed world is nugget purchases, I wont think more people are going to play it.

A player not using nuggets can still compete pretty well. The only thing that hinders them is the collections without.

DeletedUser36884

Its fantastic and more addictive than other worlds because the drops highly motivate to keep on playing. If this world closes after the bonus period than i am gonna cry. think that i ll stop this game than and try another.

DeletedUser36098

I have to agree with anoop here ... nugget purchases on a speed world is going to simply kill the world a lot faster than the 28 days. I managed to contract blood poisoning half way through the challenge and thus am not even contemplating getting anywhere near to prizes on offer. I also blotted that bit a little with the game taking nuggets from my account to give energy in week 2 after I managed to click the wrong tab.. no complaints there it was my mistake.

kill the nuggets for the speed world and have a special place for nugget munchers to play so that some of those not so full of cash can have a real chance of competing for the top prizes for a change.

It could also help if the world was a little longer in time than just 1 month. it could even give more of a challenge to those players to get further.