Pawn-Shop

DeletedUser36729

This idea comes from the Dutch forum

Proposal
A new building in town, called the Pawn-Shop, were town members are able to sell their not-needed clothing and products at selling price, so other people in the town are able to buy it for the regular price.

Current Workaround
Nowadays, players use the (town) market to sell items to one another to finalize their collections or help out newer players.

Details
Everyday I notice that I sell clothing and product to the mobile trader. But as well, I notice that both newer players as experienced players, searching for items that I recently sold, because I thought they were unusable. That's why I came up with this idea: a new building, the Pawn-shop, where people can sell their unused items, which will be put for sale in the shop for other people to buy them.

More details: This building can be build up to lvl 20. Each level provides an amount of slots
where people can sell their stuff. For each lvl, people are able to sell 15 DIFFERENT items. With items, I mean, at level 1 you can sell 15 clothing, 15 belts, 15 products, etc.. So at lvl 20, u are able to sell 300 different items of all items. Multiple units of the same items can be dropped without using an item slot. This way, products can be sold in high amounts without having the limitation of space. If an item is sold completly, the item is removed from the shop untill someone adds it back in the store. Items can be removed as well. Note: people from a town will not be able to access foreign towns pawn-shop!

What items can be sold? Well, all items can be sold at the pawn-shop, as long as they are sellable. Things like chests still cant be sold.

Abuse Prevention
To prevent people from removing every item in the store when they rage (it happens quite a lot sadly), only the town councillors and higher are able to remove items.

Because players from foreign towns will no be able to buy items in the Pawn-Shops, the market still has to be used. Next to that, if someone wants to make a big profit, the market is the only place people should go to.

Visual Aids
Sorry, I ain't a graphic designer, so I hope you will use your imagination at this one. It should be another store in the town, possibly located next to the bank. The bank should be made a bit smaller then it is now to actually be visable.

The shop itself should be like the invent: multiple tabs for each item.

Summary
The Pawn-Shop should encourage teamplay and it prevents the disappearance of items. Both new players as experienced players will gain from the Pawn-Shop as they both can provide valueable items for eachother while making money for themselves.

I hope you like the idea and I will be checking the forum often to answers questions. Note that I am Dutch and my Englisch can be lacking sometimes :laugh:.
__________________________________________________ __________________

DeletedUser25707

What is the point of this? You can simply post those items on regular market so anyone needing them can buy them. You can even limit who can buy those items by making them "Alliance only" or "Town only".

There is no need for another building that would be doing the same thing as one of already existing buildings...

DeletedUser36729

The point you are making, is just making clear you don't understand the idea.

This idea is for items that you and I think to be unvalueable. Items you dont even want to sell on the market, because it takes to much time. You can't tell me you never had that. I mean, you sure you even sell a rusty muzzle-loader on the market? That is where this building is for: items that you and I think are garbage, but other players (in your town) may need them. Because you normally would sell it tho the wandering trader, now instead, you sell it to the Pawn shop, where it can be sold again to an other player of your town.

Why this over the (town) market?

1. The market shows all items, but not clearly what items are only to be bought by town members. The Pawn-Shop does.
  2. On the market, items are only available for 7 days. After that, it is up to the seller to place them on the market again. With the pawn shop, they will be available untill they are sold
So what is the difference of the Pawn-shop and the market? You sell items to the pawn-shop and get the sell price. The Pawn-shop then sells the item for the normal price. The market is still the place for global trading and for high profit sellings. The Pawn-shop is for buying and selling items for and from town members.

DeletedUser25707

Like I thought... redundant idea.

If you want your item to be available only to town members you post them as such on the market. Because Market does not show ALL items... it only shows items you can buy. If something is posted as "Town only" or "Alliance only" and you are not member of that town or alliance you don't get to see that item posted.

So no, there is no point to have another building doing the same thing Market already does...

DeletedUser36559

The problem with this idea is there will be a lot of pushing and town members will simple trade their unused dueling/fort fighting set all at sell price to their townies, and they may sell tobbaco for $100k ( thereby lending money to another player for free).

DeletedUser36729

The problem with this idea is there will be a lot of pushing and town members will simple trade their unused dueling/fort fighting set all at sell price to their townies, and they may sell tobbaco for $100k ( thereby lending money to another player for free).

No, that is impossible. For example:
I sell a rusty-muzzle loader to the pawn-shop. I receive $163. Then, the pawn-shop will sell it for $326. The players can't change the price of the item. The set selling price is the same of any other shop. Thereby, you cant get 100k for tobacco (or you have to sell 50.000 of it).

DeletedUser35120

I like this idea. But I think the pawn shop must not accept rare/shiny/tombola items and then sell it at cost price.

DeletedUser35520

Sending rockets/eggs/hearts can lag a server, so I'm not in favor of any idea that already has a work around, but could possibly contribute to server lag, as each town would have an unlimited amount of items they could list until purchased. this idea may be a convenience for some, but it also comes across as lazy when the current system is capable of the functions as described. list items at cost in the town market, 7 days is plenty of time. If not, then either relist or sell to the vendor, because a server doesn't need 50k woolly hats waiting to be bought. Personally, share items all you want/can, but a player can create a town forum post stating what they need and members can get it to them via the town market. Having a "pawn shop" that literally lists items until sold would only create market and possibly server lag. Anyone who has ever tried to sort items for pick up distance once they have 300 plus purchases knows the market creeps and around 1k purchases to pick up and its not worth trying to open. Above all else, if you don't want to sell it to the vendor because you want to help, then don't sell it. Your inventory has unlimited space and the item will be there when you find someone willing to take it:fisherman: