Active Roleplayers and RPs

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date

DeletedUser31931

Or you could come up with another RP to launch or you could rejoin Sentinels, neither of those is sitting in the shadows twiddling your thumbs.

Apelatia

Don't you folks think that we have enough RPs to handle right now, without adding more to the fray?

On the above subject, why don't you have your character reemerge in Sentinels Alawa?

DeletedUser

Remember Sick One's still active and open, even if we're still waiting on Zemmy to post...

DeletedUser28032

Yeah I'd be happy to re-join / join Ghosts, it was a good Rp though like Johann said some kind of reboot, time jump thingy may be needed.
Also I am Baa-aack!

DeletedUser25825

*Slips quietly from Braet's comfy spot* Awww man! You're here? I mean... welcome back!

Rejoining Sentinels would be Braet's call. Busana can be a handful

DeletedUser28032

*Re-arranges comfy spot* I'd have no problem with Busana resurfacing, apparently some of the other characters find her scary, which could be fun

DeletedUser28032

Alawa I think you're confusing "innocent" with "no witnesses or evidence" again

DeletedUser31931

There's one person who isn't afraid of Busana and that's Ben. In all reality, he isn't afraid to challenge them, even if it might get him killed because he has principles.

As for Sick One, my apologies tiger, what I'll do is I'll fast forward through the night have it end up in the next morning.

Apelatia

Braet and I seem to be the only RPers who are posting in Irulia right now. What is happening on that front Zem?

Also Zem, you're up in CoA, and most of you are up in FSL. :)

DeletedUser28032

oh good so its not just me who's noticed that, you're also up in Sentinels Zem

DeletedUser31931

I'm back, did you miss me? I'll post in Irulia to speed things along now, although I might just sort of skip a few things to hurry it along to it's end, I had a few more thing planned but that's ok. I know I'm up in a lot of things now, so I shall feverishly attempt to juggle all of them at the same time and get posting at some point but when that shall be other than "at some point this week" I can't exactly be specific, apologies.

Deleted User - 819397

Alawa, don't know if you noticed, but you were given a cue in Sentinels ;)

It's been a while since we've had a question that I've posed here, so I'd say it's time we break that streak! I was talking to Apel about an RP idea I've had, and I think it could be interesting if done right. Specifically, it'd be an RP where you had to play a character that you played in a previous RP…some sort of "All-star" RP…seeing as the majority of the stories we've run are medieval that's likely the theme there, and you would have to pick a character that matches that theme (so no mecha-powered Nelx from FD, for example)…my main concern is some of the newer members would by default have to pick a single character, or perhaps pick from a selection of three or four…older people like Johann and Braet would have plenty of possibilities, but I wouldn't want to force others to either pick one char or not play…so what're your thoughts on this? Something you'd be interested in seeing down the road sometime?

Edit: Dang it, I knew I was forgetting something. I have a question for those involved in CoA…how big of a time jump do you want me to do? I ask because I see several possibilities:

A: To the next encounter, will likely be small, act as a training battle for the Dreamers.
B: Several days on, after a couple small battles. Somewhere between the cave and where option C puts us.
C: All the way to the next big thing (NOT Hira…otherwise I drew my beautiful map for nothing :p )

I'm leaning towards B personally, but if enough of you want another one I'll bow to your wishes. My reasoning being I'm not sure how I'd do a tutorial-type battle for all but Threut (seeing as he won't do weapons)…plus that way we can just go from "I know this sword is sharp" to "I kinda know how to use it but I'm nowhere near proficient" without all the irritating training. I would appreciate all thoughts on this as it'll help me prep for my next post.

One last thing…what do you think of the two NPCs I briefly showed in one of my last posts in the thread? A good while back Apel asked if we were the only people out there aside from monsters, got me to thinking…I drew those two up, basing them on yet another thing I know to help with fighting style…I'd like to add a third but am having a hard time coming up with something unique that isn't monster-y (most of my thoughts have gone into monster/guardian planning throughout this RP)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28032

ooh Option B for me Regal, it'll not only give Gilly chance to become proficient with her small (and growing) arsenal of weapons but also for Perran to take his foot from out of his mouth :D
As for the "All-stars" idea in what way was you planning on doing this? are we talking a brand new RP with recycled characters (I.E no memories of there previous incarnation) or are we talking about some kind of force drawing characters from different universes to overcome some unknown threat?

DeletedUser31931

You could theoretically allow people to make new characters as well, that would be cool. Also, if Gilly votes B, I guess I should vote B too. The other thing is that yeah, it's much better than just "a training battle" as it makes more sense.

Finally, I liked the NPCs, but I think that there needs to be some really good reason as to why they survived, it seems that the Citadel survived because it was heavily defended and Drashk had something to do with it too, so I want to know how they survived when everyone else didn't.

Deleted User - 819397

@Braet's question involving the "Recurring characters" RP I was thinking the "no memory of their past incarnation" version, but I could also see the unknown threat idea working out. I'm still in very early planning stages on this, so it'd be a while before I'd even consider adding it to the queue, let alone actually releasing it.

@Zem's question about how the NPCs survived, you're forgetting the fact that this happened at least 5-6 centuries ago, so they have to be immortal as well…and yep, I finally fleshed out the details last night…I knew from the start how I wanted to explain their survival, but it took a good while to figure out exactly how I could get that to work…finally worked it out last night, so I'm pleased to say that question will be answered.

Also, what am I up in currently? Irulia, FSL (Tiger you were supposed to attack me to wake me up…), Ashes, I know about those, Sentinels I have nothing to add to…is there anything else? Not Tiran...

DeletedUser28032

The only thing I'd say about the no memory option is that its kind of been done, after all both you and I have re-used old characters in different RP's and if you allow new characters then what makes it different from any other RP?
Where as if you're saying the characters have all been drawn from their respective universes then you could have Mecha Nelx in a swords and sorcery setting...sure she'd anihilate the first band of soldiers they met but what happens when her suit runs out of power? no way of recharging it in a Tiran or Sentinels style setting. Although I have just had the scary thought of both Nelx and Iatairris in the same room.