Using nuggest to complete hard quests...

Red Falcon

Proposal
Have you ever gotten a quest which requires you to be up and on The West at an odd time of the day/night (For example 6 AM) to be able to accept and complete the quest? Have you ever been stuck on a quest because you have to knock out a number of NPC's and your character is not skilled for dueling and you can't afford a re-skill? Are you upset because a certain quest requires you to obtain rare products which you cannot afford and are not currently available on the market? If so, then perhaps we should implement...Using nuggets to complete quests! Using this idea, a player will be able to pay a certain amount of Gold Nuggets in order to complete certain kinds of quests (Like those where a lot of NPC's must be dueled, being on The West at a certain time, and so on). The cost of nuggets will be detailed below...

Current Workaround
Players may have opted to re-skill for dueling or buying better dueling/NPC-KO gear from the market, however, these are not always guaranteed to work.

Details
As mentioned above, we should be able to use a certain amount of Gold Nuggets to complete certain quests which may prove to be difficult (For example, having to complete a high-level job where a player does not have enough Labor Points, having to be on The West at a certain time of the day, having to knock out a number of NPC's and so on) to complete otherwise. The cost of nuggets may be anywhere from 10 to 50 in exchange for having the requirements of the quest completed for you-Having the NPC's knocked out for you, giving you the products you need, fulfilling the job-time for you, or simply skipping the time requirement in the case of quests which can only be completed at a certain time of the day or night.

Note: Only certain quests can be skipped over using a nugget payment. These quests include but are not limited to: Quests which require the player to be online at a certain time of the day, a certain amount of dollars required to be won in NPC duels (250 or more for example), a certain number of NPC's required to be KOed in duels (1 or more NPC's for example), a certain amount of experience needed to be gained in NPC duels (250 or more for example), a job where the player must win a certain number of NPC duels (10 or more for example), a job which must be done for an extended period of time (24 hours or more for example), a certain number of products must be held in a player's inventory to complete said quest (Maybe 25 or more products for example), quests which require the player to complete certain jobs requiring a certain amount of Labor Points/Level (Level 90 or over 550 Labor Points for example), a job which requires a player to complete a Fort Battle...Once the cost of nuggets (To be determined by the Devs) has been paid, the quest can be completed.

Note: At least one person below has been kind enough to suggest a 'tier' of sorts to complete these quests...While this 'tier' is not set in stone, here it is...

Quests which require the player to be online at a certain time-10 to 20 nuggets to complete.
Quests involving winning or losing a certain amount of NPC duels-20 to 40 nuggets to complete.
Quests requiring the player to win a certain amount of dollars/exp from NPC duels-40 to 60 nuggets to complete.
Quests involving winning a certain amount of NPC duels by knocking out said NPC-60 to 80 nuggets to complete.
Quests which require the player to complete a certain job for a long period of time-80 to 100 nuggets to complete.
Quests which require the player to have a certain amount of rare products in their inventory-80 to 100 nuggets to complete.
Quests requiring the player to wear certain items-100 to 120 nuggets to complete.
Quests involving a time limit of sorts-100 to 120 nuggets to complete.
Quests requiring the player to complete a player duel or fort battle-120 to 140 nuggets to complete.

Note: The above tier is only an example - People commenting on this idea are welcome to suggest their own tiers for nugget-costs.

Abuse Prevention
In order to prevent abuse of this feature, a nugget-payment of completing a quest can only be used once a day or maybe even once a week. This will prevent frequent nugget-buyers or nugget collectors from buying their way through a quest series quickly. In addition to this, a nugget-payment can only be used to complete ONE quest, not an entire quest series.

Visual Aids
Put any mock-ups here. Those that are large screenshots should be linked, smaller windows can be displayed using the image tags...Sorry, no mock-ups available.

Summary
This idea is good for both players and Inno-Games as it means players may be willing to buy more nuggets for use in completing a certain quest. For players, it will mean they will have an easier time completing certain quests which may prove to be difficult otherwise.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Just one issue I can think of currently that gets impacted: You can already buy 'hard-to-drop' products using nuggets. So this proposal would to some degree have to address that conflict. Maybe a tiered nugget requirement to complete the requirement, based on what the issue is.

So for example, fewer nuggets to complete a time-requirement quest
More nuggets to complete duel quests.
Most nuggets to complete item-related quests

Just some examples to consider.

DeletedUser

I would not be in favor of this idea. There does not have to be an "easy button" for everything in this game. The reason Inno keeps coming up with these weird new quest requirements is to make the quests more challenging.

They have already made quests easy enough as you can:

--pay nuggets for the product you need
--do any job based on your character level and the re-balanced the quest levels to take this into account
--pay nuggets or bonds for work instructions, for those special quest drops that require positive labor points.
--buy better equipment and there is a lot more equipment out there now with which to raise your labor points.

The other problem is how to value the nugget cost. For example, it would cost you 38 nuggets for a union flag to complete several quests. So what is the value of 5 NPC KO's. It's much harder. Would you pay 300 nuggets to pass that level? How about the Charlie quest where you have to dress in the full Gentleman's / Dancer's set, pretty expensive and hard to get. Would they need to ask 5000 nuggets for that one?

Don't like this idea at all. Sorry.

DeletedUser14192

I would not be in favor of this idea. There does not have to be an "easy button" for everything in this game. The reason Inno keeps coming up with these weird new quest requirements is to make the quests more challenging.

--do any job based on your character level and the re-balanced the quest levels to take this into account
--pay nuggets or bonds for work instructions, for those special quest drops that require positive labor points.
--buy better equipment and there is a lot more equipment out there now with which to raise your labor points.

The other problem is how to value the nugget cost. For example, it would cost you 38 nuggets for a union flag to complete several quests. So what is the value of 5 NPC KO's. It's much harder. Would you pay 300 nuggets to pass that level? How about the Charlie quest where you have to dress in the full Gentleman's / Dancer's set, pretty expensive and hard to get. Would they need to ask 5000 nuggets for that one?

The only thing that makes me want a version of this idea to go through (mainly because Morgan Montana has listed the ways they've made the game easier for people to quest) is for the time sensitive quests.

Not the quests such as St Patrick's Day, April, Easter, Holiday Quests but more so the quests that require you to be at a place at a certain time.

I've been fortunate enough to be able to set my alarm on my phone to wake up at 3a to log on to The-West to talk to ghosts or do other things required with bandits but I have to assume some of the quests are hard for Americans to comply with as some of them occur at 1a-7a our time.

DeletedUser22685

This post pretty much sums it all up.

If it's time restrained quests that you have an issue with, there are far better solutions to that "problem" than to introduce a nugget feature. If anyone has an issue with any other type of quest, they're just plain lazy. Most quests are easy as it is for the reasons that Morgan mentioned.

Coming from Australia, I've had my fair share of horrible time requirements. It's really not that hard to go a little out of your way to complete those quests.

DeletedUser14192

This post pretty much sums it all up.

If it's time restrained quests that you have an issue with, there are far better solutions to that "problem" than to introduce a nugget feature. If anyone has an issue with any other type of quest, they're just plain lazy. Most quests are easy as it is for the reasons that Morgan mentioned.

Coming from Australia, I've had my fair share of horrible time requirements. It's really not that hard to go a little out of your way to complete those quests.

Australia doesn't even trust it's citizens to play mature games though. I mean being a Crime Scene Cleaner I don't have a set schedule and so the time specific quests are somewhat manageable for me but if I was like a majority of the gamers on the-west.net that were students or people with actual jobs, I would find it insanely difficult to wake up at 3a just to hit 'accept' on a quest because the only times you could accept it were between 10:00-14:00 server time.

Not to mention the frustration that it would cause if you set your alarm only to find out that Hamburg, GR does not go into Daylight Savings until 2 weeks after your timezone/country does.

I mean is there a single suggestion/idea/problem on this board that can't be solved by people saying, "It's really not that hard to go a little out of your way to complete those quests."

DeletedUser34315

No, in my opinion. The gap between free and premium players is large enough; the game undoubtedly does not need any more pay-to-win features.

DeletedUser22685

I mean is there a single suggestion/idea/problem on this board that can't be solved by people saying, "It's really not that hard to go a little out of your way to complete those quests."

Plenty. The problem that people have had with these types of quests in the past is not that it inconveniences them in-game, but in real life. There aren't many threads addressing issues like that.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not against people proposing changes to quest time constraints. Like I said, I know first hand that they can be somewhat of a hassle. One of the best suggestions I've seen is the one to make the window occur at its usual time as well as the AM or PM equivalent.

I just don't feel like this idea is the right way to go about it.

DeletedUser33797

Here is a brainfart
Use nuggets to win every duel you make
Use nuggets to instant build a town
Use nuggets to instantly reach level 150

Want more?

DeletedUser19518

No from me.. This game has some difficult parts and we need to work hard to finish them.

DeletedUser33342

When I read the title, my first tought was "no".
when I read the text, my second tought was "no".
It sounded like me when i was hacking Age of Empires,
instant resources, instant buildings, troops etc.
Sorry can't agree with the idea

DeletedUser

The only one i could agree was with the time.

Right now ALL the quests are super mega hyper easy to do without any thought or needing to reskill.
The ones that started into the game 3 years ago, it would take them more than 1 year to get into near the level 99. Most of the quests would need to reskill and making many many calculations on how to get that hard job open so a quest could be completed. Right now you can get the 3 key at level 67 and you won´t get the golden gun at that level, because the quest asks for a higher level. (and that is not including buying attributes and skills...) And you can get to level 130 in less than 6 months of play and start doing all the quests at that time. Right now you can have 100% skills and attributes into Health and still get to the 950 complete quests without changing a single point out of that skill... since there are only 3 quests that require Positive labour points on some jobs.

But your value is too low. For changing the time requirement it would need to start at 300 nuggets. Nothing below that could be acceptable due to the prices of the products that you can buy. So removing a time requirement would need to be around 5 times the value of the products.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25707

No. The only thing I would be OK with is paying nuggets to loose AM/PM designation. But that's it.

DeletedUser35120

Here is a brainfart
Use nuggets to win every duel you make
Use nuggets to instant build a town
Use nuggets to instantly reach level 150

Want more?

That summed it up, pretty much. Same thoughts here.

DeletedUser23437

I agree, being able to change the time required quest would be nice... wouldn't need to wake up in the wee hours of the night ;)

the only other one, would be the knocking out of an NPC.... I have been trying to KO an NPC since October. have changed gear and still no KO... only thing left is to reskill, and I really would rather not... but may have to...