Unfair duelling!!!

DeletedUser26759

Ok this has to change...

People at level 50 and above should NOT be able to duel people BELOW level 50.

Why you might ask, well its quite simple at level 50 you get access to VERY POWERFUL clothing like Docs set etc. That gives an immensly owerpowered advantage to players below level 50 wich has nothing of the kind at thier disposal.

As an example me and some ohers get constantly duelled at Eldorado server by a level 57 with Docs set + Belle stars. There is nothing we can do he can just keep griefing and griefing low level players. Im level 37 at that server so there is nothing at all i can do.

DeletedUser34315

There ARE things you can do.
KO yourself on a job- he cannot hit you for 48 hours. You can just keep KO'ing youself and you will always be safe. Or, raise your level to 50 (3 days of non-premium powerleveling will do that) and equip better gear :) Most 0 mots will leave a target alone after a couple of losses.

DeletedUser35737

I already got duel at lvl 48 for players with doc at lvl 50-55 and i won u just need right build and then
people at lvl 50 cant duel people below lvl 50, is that would be implement then people from lvl 120 cannot also duel people from below 120

one advice if u are dueled by players with doc set get itens that give u lot of tactics, doc set dont have lot of appearance so u will take jsut 1/2 hits and if u have a good amount of aim u should win

DeletedUser26759

I already got duel at lvl 48 for players with doc at lvl 50-55 and i won u just need right build and then
people at lvl 50 cant duel people below lvl 50, is that would be implement then people from lvl 120 cannot also duel people from below 120

one advice if u are dueled by players with doc set get itens that give u lot of tactics, doc set dont have lot of appearance so u will take jsut 1/2 hits and if u have a good amount of aim u should win

Im getting duelled by one that is 20 LEVELS above me... but i cant duel someone 10 levels below me...

DeletedUser

Im getting duelled by one that is 20 LEVELS above me... but i cant duel someone 10 levels below me...

Experience levels is one thing... duel levels is another.

Im at level 120 but i only make a few duels against humans... people at level 70 already can duel me and win many duels with the great duel sets. (until the last update i was getting pounded by many people with howdah and the golden tomahawk... but now they are whining around because the weapon raised to level 100 and they got stuck with other weak weapons and they don´t know on what to use)
So you are raising your duel experience and getting away from the people that have less "total" experience than you do.
If you powerleveled using the massive numbers you get from winning duels against workers and adventurers you will get in range of the others 0 motivations duelers that are around level 60-70. Those there the "problem"... since they will get 0 experience and take you down so fast that you can´t fight them, unless you go for duels with your skills.

DeletedUser

Ok this has to change...

People at level 50 and above should NOT be able to duel people BELOW level 50.

Why you might ask, well its quite simple at level 50 you get access to VERY POWERFUL clothing like Docs set etc. That gives an immensly owerpowered advantage to players below level 50 wich has nothing of the kind at thier disposal.

As an example me and some ohers get constantly duelled at Eldorado server by a level 57 with Docs set + Belle stars. There is nothing we can do he can just keep griefing and griefing low level players. Im level 37 at that server so there is nothing at all i can do.

There are a couple of factors that need to be answered first. 1) what is your dueling level? 2) Do you know that you can get KO from work? Your dueling level is level 42, meaning that people from level 52 can duel you. please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there is a 20 level range.
Once we answer these questions, we can say that if you are minus 10 from him you will get dueled. Besides if he is close to his actual level then again he will be able to duel you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26759

boo hoo, there are dozen things you can do before whining on forum. KO yourself on a job, leave town, respec, get bettter gear, any of those should do the trick. But no, whining is the way to go...

lol what a moronic answer! you actually want people to KO themselfs from jobs... wow clever and leave towns that one was also clever... and the best part... get better gear, please tell me whats better "gear" than the duelist at level 50+ with Docs set and Belles at BELOW level 50? You cant because there isnt ANY!

Next time please use what you have between your ears before typing answers like that.

Ripwise

lol what a moronic answer! you actually want people to KO themselfs from jobs... wow clever and leave towns that one was also clever... and the best part... get better gear, please tell me whats better "gear" than the duelist at level 50+ with Docs set and Belles at BELOW level 50? You cant because there isnt ANY!

Next time please use what you have between your ears before typing answers like that.

Actually, you are giving a moronic answer to the well given answer he told you. Use your energy up and KO yourself on a job is the best thing you can do and you can do that every 48 hours. I dont see a problem in that.

DeletedUser31532

Seems like an absolutely perfect answer to me. And I'm a simple fort-fighter. I'm the one usually getting beat up in duels. I employ the job KO tactic on a consistent basis. ;)

DeletedUser16008

seems strange that they would up the level required on normal gear so much but not change the dangerous stuff... some unscrupulous people out there will take advantage of that ;)

http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=708377&postcount=163

Have to agree with this, they upped everything and left the sets alone.... ridiculous idea and bound to increase the problems and solve nothing .... mind you it does make the kits more sought after for anyone dueling in that range... or working or questing....

Fix half but not the rest is frankly loony toons but they arnt loony ;0 i see it as just another marketing spin to boost chest sales and make some more money. :hmf:

DeletedUser26759

Have to agree with this, they upped everything and left the sets alone.... ridiculous idea and bound to increase the problems and solve nothing .... mind you it does make the kits more sought after for anyone dueling in that range... or working or questing....

Fix half but not the rest is frankly loony toons but they arnt loony ;0 i see it as just another marketing spin to boost chest sales and make some more money. :hmf:

Exactly my point! And to actually have a "mechanic" that lets you off duels by KO yourself on jobs... its just WOW!

DeletedUser

Do you know that you can use something simple... called Attributes and Skills? Yeah, right at level 50 there isn´t much to go around, but 10 more experience levels, Doc clothes only make a difference if both players are duelers. Someone that is between dueler-adventurer (even that now 94% of the quests can be made with any other skill development)- fort fighter and use doc clothes won´t get any big advantage from using it against other clothes.
Yeah it was cheaper to get than the clothes you have to get in game money for buying them...
On the other side (that you ignored...) is that if you powerleveled to get to level 50 doing only duels, you will be around level 140 on the dueling levels. So, 30% you can duel anyone between duel level 100 and 185... and there are many players on experience level 120 that are nearby the 175. On the other side, there are few players around level 50 that are around duel level 100. The main problem: the experience 120 will have, at least, 300 more skills than you do.
And there was a window for the duelers powerleved until 70, get the howdah or the golden tomahawk and get to level 120 in less than 2 days.... now that got a bit nagged since the weapons got to 100. Most of the players that go that way, get to 120 with duel level over 350. That´s why many stop and get to 0 motivation when they get to duel level 200. That way they can barg that they have 97% vitories and 30% ko.

canufeelit

Do you know that you can use something simple... called Attributes and Skills? Yeah, right at level 50 there isn´t much to go around, but 10 more experience levels, Doc clothes only make a difference if both players are duelers. Someone that is between dueler-adventurer (even that now 94% of the quests can be made with any other skill development)- fort fighter and use doc clothes won´t get any big advantage from using it against other clothes.
Yeah it was cheaper to get than the clothes you have to get in game money for buying them...
On the other side (that you ignored...) is that if you powerleveled to get to level 50 doing only duels, you will be around level 140 on the dueling levels. So, 30% you can duel anyone between duel level 100 and 185... and there are many players on experience level 120 that are nearby the 175. On the other side, there are few players around level 50 that are around duel level 100. The main problem: the experience 120 will have, at least, 300 more skills than you do.
And there was a window for the duelers powerleved until 70, get the howdah or the golden tomahawk and get to level 120 in less than 2 days.... now that got a bit nagged since the weapons got to 100. Most of the players that go that way, get to 120 with duel level over 350. That´s why many stop and get to 0 motivation when they get to duel level 200. That way they can barg that they have 97% vitories and 30% ko.

but... most of the lower level guys are casual gamers and don't even know, let alone want to afford these items. yet this is the lifeblood of the west and other casual online games. without them who are u going to encourage to level up, get active and participate in normal (xp) dueling (without getting murdered) or fort fights? if it continues to be the haves and have nots then the have nots will just leave for somewhere else with better balance.

the biggest days of the west coincided with when all u could buy was character prems. around the same time u couldn't be murdered by people like me.

DeletedUser

You know what... every 48 hours, I KO myself on a job and it takes me 4 energy with my trader and 12 energy with my fort fighter... and... I don't get duelled. SIMPLE AS THAT.

I only do this when I don't have a duel build so that I can work in peace, leave the character to job wherever, wearing luck gear and carrying cash. It is a simple work around that is not moronic and is not time consuming. It is also a very easy way to get back home when you are on the other side of the map :)

As a suggestion... when you have many level 120 players suggesting things to you, you may want to heed their advise as they know what they are talking about. Enjoy getting duelled if you don't want to listen.

DeletedUser33797

You guys are missing the point here.You didn`t understand what the guy was asking.
Using that thing between the ears (the eyebrows?) i could figured out.
Best possible gear for not being Ko`d it`s the Wood magician's set.Duellers are dead scared when they see that magic wand ;)
And there are in game cheats like pressing Alt+F4 enters you in god mode,using the gingerbread man in you product slot will make you imune to melee attack and wearing a ring in you slot make you invisible.And probably the best advice i can give it`s by using Settings -->Account-->Delete account will make you 100% KO free :)

And yes i am one of those stupid guys that are using job ko`s

DeletedUser19518

Thats the hard part of this game.
You can work hard, get cash, buy clothes in market and KO them day by day. Maybe you should camp in their town.
Patient and the ability the protect yourself are what you need.

V
$1

Ps: just make a black list.. soon or late, o mot wont exist, as many mates spread on forums. Then camp in their towns. ;)