Soldiers tactics bonus (discussion :D)

DeletedUser36081

I made this thread in order to hear different opinions about this subject cause i got bad experience attacking soldiers hehe :D

I ll post here an example of what i am trying to express :

I am currently 105 lvl duelist and i attacked a 120 lvl duelist and a 120 lvl soldier with the same clothes (exactly the same) and the same skill built ( i can check it from the top abilities board) , just to check the tact bonus difference.

Results: Soldier http://prntscr.com/2bsxw4
Duelist http://prntscr.com/2bsxze

All 3 of us are range duellers with top kit.It's just the latest exable i can give u , i got thousands of them.

Some of u will say that its cause i won the duelist and lost from the soldier that i am "crying" , but its not that . When attacking similar duellers and u lose so hard from 1 but compete the other , something goes wrong.

Others will say that there are ways to defeat them . I agree with that but unless u are a soldier u cant be defensive and offensive at the same time so if i change to offensive every 2 days i ll be digging for my own grave.

Imo soldiers are way overpowered in duelling especialy in range dueling ... Someone can claim that "the west" is not only the duelling part farming,ff,building etc exists. But if u wanna be occupied with dueling only and u havent played any other servers before and u made the mistake of not having a soldier what are ur options? Quit duelling ? Start a new server? Start a new character? Shouldnt there be a second chance to chose ur class? Or nerf that OP class ?:p

P.S. : The duels are not from .net servers but our forum is pretty much dead over there so i took the courage of posting it here :D

DeletedUser35771

I'd have to disagree.

The soldier tactic bonus is a defensive skill. Soldiers overall are geared towards fort fights and other HP-heavy professions. Point is, if soldiers utilise their main HP and leadership benefits, they'd have much less to spend on duel skills. Having the tactics bonus helps to balance that out.

As for duellists, their bonuses allow for more duels, and are geared towards that. There are no stat-specific bonuses, which allow you to put most of your stats in duel skills. The upside of duellers is that they get crit bonuses for fort fights.

To summarise:

Soldier = fort fighters with defensive duel bonuses
Duellists = duellers who can put skills anywhere to help duelling, with fort fight bonus.

And in addition, you should also change your tactics… It may well be that your opponent had a tactical setup that nullified your attacks.

And soldiers are only buffed defensively… Offensively they're weaker than duellers and can duel far less efficiently.

DeletedUser36081

I have to disagree as well :p

I dont think there are any players spending half of their abilities in ff and the rest on dueling. U are either a pure fort fighter or a pure dueller. Any1 who mixes these 2 will just fail in both of them , cause sm1 with a pure built will just own him. So back to the point :p if a soldier has a pure dueller built with the new sets that arrived that provides so much tactics only from kit the 50%(100%) is 2 much , none of the rest of the classes get a clear atrri boost...and as i said having secured ur defence only from ur bonus u are free to spend ur abilities for an offensive built. So a soldier literraly can play defence and attack at the same time something thats impossible for the rest of the classes.

As for the tactics part i agree that they play a rly important role in a duel but its not just once and i always change them after a duel and try not to follow the same pattern :D

At ur last comment where u say soldiers are not so offensive , i cant think a reason how a soldier differs with an adventurer or a duelist or a worker in offence? They are all the same no bonuses at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19518

I have to agree with Kaybo. Every Character has his + and -.

Cheers
V
$1
word 1 .net

Ps: Waves to all .gr servers

DeletedUser36081

I agree that every class has its advantages and disadvantages ... but imho this is for fort fights only. A duel is a personal case , its a 1 vs 1 not like forts were its a team match. I dont get why one single class gets to get such a bonus for duels:D its the only class that has an advantage in dueling and dont tell me that the duelist's motivation and reward is a bonus cause i am going to laugh. Anyway as i said in my early post i dont pursue my dream of GETTING THAT BONUS TACT OUT OF MY WAY(i am mad) but to listen to different ppl's opinions and quote to them:D Prove me wrong about my second part ( that only the soldier has a bonus in dueling)

P.S. : All gr servers wave back at legendary ViriM

DeletedUser16008

This soldier dueling advantage has been going on since the game began. If you want a fight and duel you always chose soldier. you wanted to quest collect or build you chose builder or adven you wanted to have a crap class you chose dueler :p since the fort skills came in and others the dueler got better the rest got their specialities for forts but.... if you want to fight you remain in the most part... a soldier.

workers work, advens quest, soldiers fight... duelers hide n fort :p why if you wanted to excel at fighting would you choose other than soldier and expect the same fighting benefits ? dosnt really add up now does it ?;)

Snr Sarg

the same skill built ( i can check it from the top abilities board) , just to check the tact bonus difference.

Actually, you cannot tell what build or spec the opposition has, not even as a dueler - all the information you get by hovering over thir picture is their clothing bonuses, not where they have distributed their AP & SP

DeletedUser34315

Actually, you cannot tell what build or spec the opposition has, not even as a dueler - all the information you get by hovering over thir picture is their clothing bonuses, not where they have distributed their AP & SP

Only aiming and dodging are hidden on the rankings, so if they are in the top ten you can certainly see their stats.

DeletedUser36081

This soldier dueling advantage has been going on since the game began. If you want a fight and duel you always chose soldier. you wanted to quest collect or build you chose builder or adven you wanted to have a crap class you chose dueler :p since the fort skills came in and others the dueler got better the rest got their specialities for forts but.... if you want to fight you remain in the most part... a soldier.

workers work, advens quest, soldiers fight... duelers hide n fort :p why if you wanted to excel at fighting would you choose other than soldier and expect the same fighting benefits ? dosnt really add up now does it ?;)

Yes Vic thats my mistake , thats why i am crying haha :D I should have read more carefully the adv and disadv of each class but i was a newbie :p When the time came to chose a class i was determined to continue the path of a dueller so i imagined worker is for building , adventurer for farming , soldier for forts and duellist for duels.

But look at it in general , all the classes got from 1 nice bonus for ff (except soldier he has 2 :p but anyway) and only the soldier has a bonus for dueling. Isnt that a bit unfair? I mean if u wanna change careers after a while why should u be inferior to sm1 else just because of the class.Thats my point of view...

P.S. : Respect for the master duelist xD