Reworking Class Advantages

DeletedUser

i still think the idea is brilliant

though personally to make classes special keep em 2 bonusses that no other class can get, or classes except for maybe the class quests are totally useless

and like said before the idea is just basic, and in that way its a great idea, but indeed it needs loads of tweaking still

DeletedUser30224

These are the Abilities currently available in the game, I grouped them a bit to make sense:

FORT
Starting with hit 2 within one round of a fort battle, 25% chance to ghost that round
Fort battle 10% chance to score a critical hit (10% * total HP)
Fort battle sector bonus +30% for yourself only
Battle leadership increase for you and your neighbours by +25% from your leadership skill

DUEL
Duel motivation rises faster +40%
Extra duel cash +10%
Initiate duels in a range of 15 min around yourself without the need to travel
Level required to use a weapon is lowered by 3 levels
In duels you receive a bonus of 50% to your tactic skill

WORK
Chance to find more products +10%
Chance to find more items +10%
Danger while doing jobs reduced by -10%
Experience earned from work increased by +5%
Construction labour points bonus of +5% if building in own town
Construction motivation recovery increase by +10%

MISC
Free hotel up to 2 stars
Speed on the map increased by 10%
Ability to see the bonus a player gets from equipment
Banking fees reduced by -2%

DUEL & FORT
Extra HP (+5) per skill point allocated in Health

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now some of them shouldn't be mixed together at all so let's make our tiers:
========================================================

Tier1:
Starting with hit 2 within one round of a fort battle, 25% chance to ghost that round
Fort battle 10% chance to score a critical hit (10% * total HP)
Fort battle sector bonus +30% for yourself only
Extra HP (+5) per skill point allocated in Health

Tier2:
Battle leadership increase for you and your neighbours by +25% from your leadership skill
Duel motivation rises faster +40%
Initiate duels in a range of 15 min around yourself without the need to travel
In duels you receive a bonus of 50% to your tactic skill

Tier3:
Extra duel cash +10%
Chance to find more items +10%
Ability to see the bonus a player gets from equipment
[Elmyr] Extra +25% bonus to Stamina skill for you and neighbors in a battle
[Elmyr] Extra +25% bonus to Hiding skill for you and neighbors in a battle

Tier4:
Level required to use a weapon is lowered by 3 levels
Danger while doing jobs reduced by -10%
Construction motivation recovery increase by +10%
Speed on the map increased by 10%

Tier5:
Experience earned from work increased by +5%
Construction labour points bonus of +5% if building in own town
Chance to find more products +10%
Free hotel up to 2 stars
Banking fees reduced by -2%

First Post edited

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hey - so if there was this ability to repick class/ advantages/tier options or whatever you want to call it, for like 2k nuggets/bonds -- would this be able to be done more than once? Would then the premium players get to repick as they choose non stop?

DeletedUser30224

I was thinking that it can only be done if you reach lvl 120 and it will be available for unlimited period and unlimited tries yes. If you think about it, a player might have only one character in the game, so it makes sense to let him/her try different abilities, for a PRICE. And make no mistakes, 2000 nuggets is close to 40 euro ... that's not something you throw away lightly. As for the rich kids for who 40 euro is the price of a toothpick, well what can we do about those anyhow? They already have the best gear, all special items and they are spinning the world around them anyhow, especially in a full premium world. But, these players represent 2% of game's population? There is nothing to be done about them in terms of unbalancing the game, but what I see in there is that for a price of 2000 BONDS a normal player might turn his/her world around and try something else. and THAT is not an abuse in any sense.

Remember, my idea presents everybody in a class-less environment. I am sure there will be nicknames for certain abilities, especially concerning fort battles, but otherwise a player can remain a blank canvas to the rest of the world. Which doesn't really matters either, it's not like you didn't duel a player just because his/her class is Soldier or dueller. I do not make distinction in classes when I duel people, the only distinction you see is in fort battles and maybe when you are dueled by a dueler and he/she's not at your location (dueller).

DeletedUser

I'd rather have more resets than one all or nothing. 2000 bonds/nuggets for a full reset, but less for lower tiers.

DeletedUser30224

Elmyr, I thought of that as well, but saw it as a possible "exploit". Say in tier 1 we allow users to relocate their ability for 600 UPB/nuggets, then some might see it as exploit by the richer kids. Put it 1000 and it's too much hence my conclusion for all or nothing.

but it's open to demand I guess.

DeletedUser

Fact is people who don't have the money will always feel 'cheated' or that those with money are playing unfairly. No - they just play differently.

But good to know that the idea is for possibility of full reskilling - though I'm going to end up so confused as to what sort of character i'm going to want to create :p

Ripwise

Fact is people who don't have the money will always feel 'cheated' or that those with money are playing unfairly. No - they just play differently.

But good to know that the idea is for possibility of full reskilling - though I'm going to end up so confused as to what sort of character i'm going to want to create :p

That is the whole idea, to bring in diversity again because all builds are already known and this idea brings in a lot of new combinations on how to build our characters.

DeletedUser22493

This was actually considered in the 2011 roadmap. Pool all the special abilities, and rather let you choose them as you gain levels. I don't know if it was scratched or delayed.

If you give this idea a week or so more to finish the details, we'll send it in, and ill try to get a response out of them.

Roadmap 2011

Higher Character Class Bonuses
Character class bonuses will be improved. We are considering creating 'so many' bonuses per class and allowing them to select one upon reaching every tenth level. More diversity and balance will be created.

DeletedUser

That is the whole idea, to bring in diversity again because all builds are already known and this idea brings in a lot of new combinations on how to build our characters.

True statement i suppose. I'm all aboard in any case - will be fun to mess around with my characters. Oh the thrill of picking a class~:cool:

DeletedUser30224

If you give this idea a week or so more to finish the details, we'll send it in, and ill try to get a response out of them.

That's positive, now let's iron it out.

Need volunteers to help me with new Abilities and their placement in the tiers. The abilities mustn't be overpowering in any nature!
Keep in mind that abilities in the same tier are exclusive and only one can be picked. To achieve balance, we need to keep similar abilities in the same tier.

Thank you

DeletedUser30224

What about a minor duel ability, 5% chance to dodge all opponent shots no matter of your dodging skill? Can only trigger if you get hit in the first 2 rounds and it will show on the report. The duel victor is calculated from those 2 rounds because the duel stops once you, for lack of words, "ghost".

Find it on the first page under Tier 3 . Has a Red Trial next to it.

Another one can be in Tier 4 as follows: 3% chance to find 2x product drop from a job. If they implement this: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=52492 then it can be +20% extra chance for double product drop. (that is 5% proposed value * 20% = 6% or 7% if premium)

Ripwise

I like the idea! I was trying to think about more tiers but couldnt come up with anything new.

If anyone has anything to add please do because we might be looking at something promising for the benefit of all players!

DeletedUser30224

If you'd like this to be polled, let me know.

Let it ripen a bit more, maybe others will still come up with something, especially that I just made it active with this post :p

I'll not forget to ask you later on.

DeletedUser36081

This is one of the most briliant ideas i ve read lately:D How come it wasnt promoted?

DeletedUser34767

I like the concept. I think the tiers need some more work / balancing. Different players have different play styles and I think there needs to be at least one option in each tier related to each of the common play styles. Tiers 1 & 2 pretty much contain only dueling / fort fighting related bonuses and there are some of us out there who spend very little time on these things, so having to pick two options like this for a worker / adventurer type player is not ideal.

The duelers / soldiers types currently have a little better spread across the tiers.