new dueling system

DeletedUser

Proposal
Improved dueling

Current Workaround
This idea will change the current workyard of duel system.now we fix the shooting and dodging positions before commiting a duel.so during a duel both attacker and defender have nothing to do.so I think a change is needed.

Details
According to my system after committing a duel the player have to reach the defenders place.and there will be a 4 minute preparation time for the players infact the defender will know about the duel only during the start of preparation time.then duel starts.between each round the players will get 5 seconds to change their cloth,fix where to dodge or where to hit(and also required to add special buffs before each round that can use only 4 times in a duel that can be gained from stores,craft and work).
if defender is offline the defender play as pre planned and attacker can play the duel.and if attacker is offline the attacker play as pre planned and defender can play the duel..and if both are offline the current duel system is followed.(New systemis for either attacker or defendwe is online or both)

Abuse Prevention
My English sucks.

DeletedUser30224

Not a bad direction of thinking, but we will need more than a general outline of the idea. Can you give some examples, some options, maybe a drawing, anything concrete that you can come up with and then we'll elaborate on it. Sounds fair ?

There is a space game that I cannot name without breaking a few rules that uses a similar combat system. You have 3 rounds in total and can use various cards to apply to each round. You can predefine cards for all rounds, or change them during the battle, but the same like you proposed, you have a limited amount of time between each round. These cards are ranging from tactical, offensive and defensive, each card having an effect on the opponent and can be countered with certain cards that the opponent can apply.

Some example: Round one you chose a defensive card that gives you +50 resistance but the opponent chooses a tactical card that makes him have fast reaction time (for lack of a better word) and your effect is not only cancelled but reverted therefore you receive +50 damage. Likewise if the opponent would chose +50 resistance, both your cards will be cancelled (let's just say that the same card automatically cancels the opposite card).

Something along this lines would bring more "interaction and control" in duels. However, any changes to duel system that can be interactive must not be easily predictive so that an onliner would have a huge advantage over an offliner.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My computer is not working properly now I'm on a mobile..I will surely give some pictorial info within a week...

Not a bad direction of thinking, but we will need more than a general outline of the idea. Can you give some examples, some options, maybe a drawing, anything concrete that you can come up with and then we'll elaborate on it. Sounds fair ?

There is a space game that I cannot name without breaking a few rules that uses a similar combat system. You have 3 rounds in total and can use various cards to apply to each round. You can predefine cards for all rounds, or change them during the battle, but the same like you proposed, you have a limited amount of time between each round. These cards are ranging from tactical, offensive and defensive, each card having an effect on the opponent and can be countered with certain cards that the opponent can apply.

Some example: Round one you chose a defensive card that gives you +50 resistance but the opponent chooses a tactical card that makes him have fast reaction time (for lack of a better word) and your effect is not only cancelled but reverted therefore you receive +50 damage. Likewise if the opponent would chose +50 resistance, both your cards will be cancelled (let's just say that the same card automatically cancels the opposite card).

Something along this lines would bring more "interaction and control" in duels. However, any changes to duel system that can be interactive must not be easily predictive so that an onliner would have a huge advantage over an offliner.

that means the buffs in between the rounds should be reduced.I given only 5 seconds because the onliner cant usually change whole clothes in that few seconds and it enables to not get huge advantage on offliner.

DeletedUser19518

We are here to support any good idea about Duels. So as Zd3no said, waiting for more examples so as to understand it better how it could work.

DeletedUser12734

I want to suggest a new duel system but lazy to search to see if it's already suggested. Please tell me if it's already suggested or not. This is the main idea:

Players can only challenge people within 5 level above or below their xp level (not deling level).

Let me know if the light is green so I'll add more details in a separate thread ;)

DeletedUser30224

If by XP level you mean character level, then it has been suggested already and rejected by a mob of non-duellers. If it's not character level, then please explain.

DeletedUser12734

If by XP level you mean character level, then it has been suggested already and rejected by a mob of non-duellers. If it's not character level, then please explain.

Yes I mean character level. But why non-duellers are against it? There are already lots of zero-motiv pure duelers keeping their duel level close to character level.. there's no escape for non-duellers either way; but if we change to this system I think more ppl will enjoy dueling as top ranked duellers are losing their targets more and more everyday.

DeletedUser36081

Its because we can hardly find any dueller to duel atm ... imagine if u have to search in a 5 lvl + - gap ... I dont think anyone enjoys duelling ff or charisma ppl :D

DeletedUser12734

Its because we can hardly find any dueller to duel atm ... imagine if u have to search in a 5 lvl + - gap ... I dont think anyone enjoys duelling ff or charisma ppl :D

Let's review "atm"
1. You are a regular dueler and with every duel you win, u gain dueling xp and hence dueling level increases. Now two things happen:
a) you have to challenge higher level players, and since you are not able to beat pure duelers so u hit higher level non-duellers, so they will hate u! :D and also i think it's not exciting at all winning against a player who has 0 dueling skills :/
b) There are higher level zero-motiv pure duelers who can come after you and shoot the sh*t out of u, and therefore u will hate them and there's nothing u can do to avoid them.
Anyways, if you are comfortable with these scenarios.. as you gradually raise your dueling level, you lose more targets. A top rank dueller with dueling level of +650 barely finds someone to challenge.

2. You are a zero-motiv dueller. First of all, you have to keep your motivation low, which sometimes is bothersome. Second you miss the benefit of dueling xp and excitement of competing for dueling rank. In fact, the extra work u suffer for staying a zero-mot dueler means that you want to stay in range, so if ±5 range is implemented, you automatically stay in range and also can enjoy vast amount of xp u can gain thru dueling

DeletedUser36081

None of the above :D i ALWAYS challenge pure duellers no matter how i hate another player:D Even when i duel ppl who have duel clothes on but not a pure dueller built i send my apologies. I am currently 103 lvl and yes i kinda lose from higher lvl ppl but not always ... same level or below i got a pretty good score :D The only problem is when i attack the freaking soldier class and i get pwned( higher lvl soldiers tbh)

The thing i dint specify is that i am playing on a .gr server as well where the population isnt so high like here so us the pure duelists are going to have a real problem...

DeletedUser19518

Pls stay on Topic. Zd3 can you check if we could vote fort this Topic Idea?

DeletedUser30224

We all remember this thread: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=53957. The solution there was the same, base duel range on actual lvl not on duel lvl. It was shot down. The more I think about it, the clearly I see the futility in this. The West has become a whine heaven for non-duellers and as it is, developers are trying to find new ways to protect non duellers.

I would like nothing else than to have duelling based on character lvl, we will try again in a few months, maybe after new year, but not now. Too soon from the last rejected idea.

DeletedUser36081

then I dont understand how this change (±5) will cause you to lose the chance of challenging pure duellers!!

Sm1 might be more than +,- 5 and still be worth duelling with. I wasnt negative at the idea its a nice one but imo u must rework the lvl gap.