Fighting Zombies For Halloween...

DeletedUser

Seriously, I had to do about 20-30 duels to knock them down with my Kinda-dueler, and now I have to reskill for my Fort fighter, and I won't even have enough time if I did... Way to go, IG :mad:

DeletedUser

When you hover over the npc's in the list, pick on those that have least resistance to your weapon (toughness for melee and reflex for range) and least aim / dodge. Those are the most likely candidates to KO.

This is a great tip. So are some of the others out there. To summarize:

1. get your duel difficulty down as low as you can stand. I went all the way to 0 by being KO'd. I took off all my gear to guarantee success. Once my energy was back to 5 I did it again. Over and over until you get duel difficulty to drop to 0 or 1. Sleep it off and build your HP and energy back.

2. Set your aim for all head shots and your stance to not dodge.

3. choose your NPCs carefully and patiently. Low reflex for range and low toughness for melee. And most importantly (depending upon the damage your weapon can bring) low HP.

4. Don't try to get to 10 in one day. Everytime you win your duel difficulty will go up and the NPCs will get higher HP, reflex and toughness. Probably 1-3 KOs a day is a good target.

I have completed this part on one world and I have 7/10 KOs and 4/10 KOs on another. (I figured out I should be using a melee weapon on the 4/10 world or I would have been higher.)

DeletedUser

I also recommend using a dueling buff: sharpened weapon, polishing stone, jam (ranged dueling) or stewed beans & bacon (melee). I averaged 1 NPC KO each day with a pure Trader. Silver is right, you have to be patient and wait for the best NPC target. You'll get new NPCs to view and possibly select every 30 minutes.

DeletedUser17612

it is safe to cancel and accept new one.
i actually did this on beta. here i did not yet accept it, so i accepted it today with new requirement.

DeletedUser

in the german announcement it was there, guess it got lost in translation

also the 2nd main storyline quest needs 5 duels won instead of 5 npc ko's now

however if you got 1 of those 2 quests already accepted, cancel it, and then accept it again, else change isn't in effect

DeletedUser

I cancelled this quest, refreshed and then accepted again and it STILL reads 10 KO's needed. :(

DeletedUser

I made a screw-up with another mission and - since I am TOTALLY anal about completing EVERY missions POSSIBLE, I have ordered a restart. There's nothing that I can do without. My possessions were sparse. This time around, I'm concentrating solely on getting all of my quests spot-on. I know it sounds a bit extreme, but it's done now. Just a couple more days to go and then I'm back. A fresh new start. :)

DeletedUser12734

I got 2 KOs in nearly 40 duels. I think I can finish this quest by halloween next year