Resolved Jobs golden or silver icons

DeletedUser33299

Jobs with golden or silver icons

Hi guys ,

I noticed when I play the game that the jobs icons sometimes it’s golden or silver in some places in the map , which give you more money and experience when you do it . What’s the standards for that ? How can I know the golden or silver icons in the game map ? Is it the same every day or during the week ?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

These have existed since 2.0, to tell the truth I don't know how you've only just discovered them.

Silver jobs give a 50% bonus to your exp, money, luck, product drop rate and possibly item drop rate. They last for 24 hours in one spot.

Gold jobs give a 100% bonus, meaning double, to all of the above. They last in one spot until they have been done by players a certain number of times.

You can't know where they are unless you happen to find them on the map.

DeletedUser33299

Do you mean by the "spot" , one county or in every county in the map ? Do think that these only for specific jobs or all jobs could have this ?

I did lots of golden ones since they update the game and I found them near the ghost town , I will keep trying always to follow them even if I will look in the entire map for them ... because I really think this is one of the cool things that came with the game updates , I like that :)

DeletedUser22685

There are more gold and silver jobs than counties, but sometimes there could be lots in one county and none in another, it's just a matter of luck. Finding a useful one is the hard part.

DeletedUser

there 5 silver jobs per county, so with 14 counties theres 70 silver jobs in total.

these jobs change once per day at the same time as the work motivation update which starts at about 2:50 am gametime, and on old worlds is completed in 1-2 minutes and on dakota sometimes can take easily 30 minutes before its updated.

there also 20 golden jobs always on the map, these change after being done an X number of times depending on the job length, a golden 2 hour job changes after its being done a total of 10 times by players whereas a 15 second gold job changes after around 100 uses.

Best way to find em is by checking in the morning(since silver ones update at 2:50 am its kinda silly going to look for em at 1:50 am) your best job groups. so basically fill in on the minimap the 3-4 jobs you like to do much and quickly open all job sites to see if any are silver, it takes abt 10 minutes and usually you'll find some

DeletedUser

On my homeserver i got the luck of getting a mine sulfur at golden since Monday.
Since i saw it, i have been there 4 times a day.... until now:

15 sulfuric rocks
2 rusty guns
1 bowie knife
2 fancy bow tie
2 lead bullet
1 yellow eagle belt

:D since most of the people of that region are fort fighters, very few do the job. To be a tonic peddler and getting a golden sulfur at 30 minutes from the town... it´s like a crazy party.

DeletedUser

Here's one for our gold/silver job expert Zeta: do you get credit for a silver job if it goes silver after it's queued? It happened to [me], but I didn't have time to wait and check the results, so I requeued.

DeletedUser

one that was queued and started before 2am still gets credit as silver even when it ends after 2. ones that were queued before 2 but started after, don't.

DeletedUser

Here's one for our gold/silver job expert Zeta: do you get credit for a silver job if it goes silver after it's queued? It happened to be, but I didn't have time to wait and check the results, so I requeued.

it would be logical seeing if you queue a gold job and it wears off while doing it you also just get the normal job rewards instead of golden, so seemingly these rewards are calculated when you finishing a job.
same as when you queue a for a quest item with normal cloths, then after started equip the items you need for the quest item to drop and that also works, meaning that product drops seemingly get calced at the end of the job not at the start, meaning if a job turns gold or silver while your doing it you get those rewards, but i am not sure of it but it seems logical.

Though i have to admit i been pondering about this issue longer about when is what getting calculated at the end or start of job,

DeletedUser

Here's one for our gold/silver job expert Zeta: do you get credit for a silver job if it goes silver after it's queued? It happened to [me], but I didn't have time to wait and check the results, so I requeued.

I think I can resolve it for you.
Yesterday I queued 3 * 2 hours of pick indigo with a silver ring around it.
The second one ended on 2:01AM ST and I got the benefits of the silver ring, the third one ended on 4:01AM ST and I already received normal results from it.

Using the same logic I am sure if you queue a job to finish after 4:00 AM ST and it turns silver\gold at 04:00 AM - you get the benefits of it.

As for the exact time - a few days ago I happened to be up at that hour and noticed that shortly before 04:00 AM the silver jobs were still the same as the day before and shortly after 04:00 AM it switched to a new set. Therefore I assume the exact hour is 04:00 AM and not 02:50 or 03:00.

DeletedUser

I think I can resolve it for you.
Yesterday I queued 3 * 2 hours of pick indigo with a silver ring around it.
The second one ended on 2:01AM ST and I got the benefits of the silver ring, the third one ended on 4:01AM ST and I already received normal results from it.

Using the same logic I am sure if you queue a job to finish after 4:00 AM ST and it turns silver\gold at 04:00 AM - you get the benefits of it.

As for the exact time - a few days ago I happened to be up at that hour and noticed that shortly before 04:00 AM the silver jobs were still the same as the day before and shortly after 04:00 AM it switched to a new set. Therefore I assume the exact hour is 04:00 AM and not 02:50 or 03:00.

its 2:47 or 2:48 to be exact i believe that the update starts, usually on older worlds it take 1-2 minutes and on dakota it can easily take 20 minutes. thing is if your logged in only way to notice it is to click on a job and see if your work mot increased, since only way you actually see it on the map is after refreshing(so f5 or logging in and out). just try if your logged in for a while to click on your silver job see the job group still display it silver, then hit f5 and poof its gone

DeletedUser

what i experienced yesterday contradicts it.
i was doing silver sawing wood today past midnight. i queued 4 more jobs at 1:58 AM. a job that ended at 2:04 was still silver and at 90% motivation. a job that ended at 2:09 was back at 100% motivation, but no silver bonuses. the silver ring was still visible, neither refreshing nor logging out made it dissapear.
then i decided to check every job in the county. there were 10 silver jobs clearly visible, 5 from yesterday (although already inactive) and 5 from today. refreshing or logging off didn't change this.
any explanation?

DeletedUser

what i experienced yesterday contradicts it.
i was doing silver sawing wood today past midnight. i queued 4 more jobs at 1:58 AM. a job that ended at 2:04 was still silver and at 90% motivation. a job that ended at 2:09 was back at 100% motivation, but no silver bonuses. the silver ring was still visible, neither refreshing nor logging out made it dissapear.
then i decided to check every job in the county. there were 10 silver jobs clearly visible, 5 from yesterday (although already inactive) and 5 from today. refreshing or logging off didn't change this.
any explanation?

maybe your british and are -1 hour of gametime? even tw.db gives the update as a fixed time, about that with f5 not dissapearing, maybe ctrl+f5 helps to clear your cache as well but otherwise i got no clue :D

DeletedUser35250

If 2 hour gold jobs last for 10 times, do 1 hour gold jobs last for 20 times and 30 minute gold jobs last for 40 times?

When a gold job expires, does another gold job appear on the map immediately, or do new ones only come out to replace the expired ones at the timing when the silver jobs change?

DeletedUser

If 2 hour gold jobs last for 10 times, do 1 hour gold jobs last for 20 times and 30 minute gold jobs last for 40 times?

When a gold job expires, does another gold job appear on the map immediately, or do new ones only come out to replace the expired ones at the timing when the silver jobs change?

1 hour jobs maybe expeire after 15 tries and 30 after 20-25 tries, it goes up a bit i don't know the exact numbers, except from my experience 2 hour jobs only got a 10 * life and 15 second jobs are like 50-100 times or so.

gold jobs get immediately replaced everytime 1 expires

Spaceydk

I did Rob a Bank 45 times before the gold disappeared it have been gold for weeks so not sure if someone else did it before me. I did not get gold bonus on the last job despite it being in the que when gold.

Also I added Marriage Swindler and got the silver bonus and the job was not silver when I added it.

DeletedUser15699

Sorry maybe this was answered before but i dont have time to check all the posts. Do this crapy gold jobs go away if no one works on them? like ataching spures, shining shoes and stuff ........