JobGroup Expansion Optional

• Thread starter DeletedUser30224
  • Start date

DeletedUser30224

Idea title: Make the job-group expanded as standard
Details of idea: When you click on a job-group it expands and then you can see what jobs it contains. Make it expanded by default if people so wishes. Provide an option in the Options panel to have the job-group expanded always.
Visual Aid:
Jobgroup_expand.png

If ENABLED:
jobgroup_expanded.png

If DISABLED:
jobgroup.png

Reasons for submitting: In order to find a job you have to click on the map and search for it, or do a trial and error by clicking on nearby job-groups with the hope of finding the job you are searching for.

Finding enhanced jobs would be much faster to have them expanded all the time.

Deleted User - 1278415

I like it and it would make it easier to find jobs... than to click on each building.

I'm sure they will come back and state it is not feasible because it requires too much programming or some nonsense.

DeletedUser22493

I wouldn't care really.. I find the job in the work calculator, or by looking for the specific job in the mini map. Once I find it, its only a button click away.

Plus, this would make it super easy for people to farm gold and silver jobs.

DeletedUser30224

Plus, this would make it super easy for people to farm gold and silver jobs.

ClothCalc 2.0 rev55 introduced that, rev 56 removed silver and gold jobs from minimap ... thankfully, some of us still has the 55 revision :)

DeletedUser

I don't really buy Rebow's argument against it. It's a difference of one click, which would be a nice convenience. That extra click every single time you queue a job on every single world every single day adds up. You still have to look at each job location via the minimap. It would also remove that annoyance of not having the location centered, having to drag the map to see the job you're looking for, and having to open it again.

I'd settle for a userscript to open them.

DeletedUser30224

I'd like to revive this idea so please do not send me a warning that I am spaming :) I just want to remind others that this can still happen if it comes to voting. Somehow I think it died out prematurely and more voices are needed. Maybe it was a time of forum inactivity, it is astonighing that only 3 people bothered to reply...therefore please do not think I am spaming, but asking for a more substantial response.

DeletedUser

It wouldn't make it super easy for people to farm silver and gold jobs. Those interested in farming them will make it either way. An extra click won't stop them.

Why not, it saves up an extra click. I say yes.

DeletedUser22493

I still don't think it's worth the time, but don't let that stop you. Ill even poll it if you get enough response.

Deleted User - 1693871

I'd love to be able to see JOBS on the map again rather than those cluster locations.

So this gets a yes from me.

DeletedUser

I like the idea, the clusters are nice, but I can never remember which jobs are in them so being able to leave them unclustered would be much easier game play for me, which could save me time and thus more active. Isn't that what Inno want as well?

DeletedUser22493

So, that pretty much leaves me as the only one opposed to this idea.. Well, ain't that just great..

Guess ill just have to poll it then. :D

Edit:
It's now polled. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

You are a thorn in our side Rebow, when will you learn to fall in line? :p