Luck drops, the west 2.0

DeletedUser18222

I don´t think that it´s that way. I have made many times the TM and i didn´t had great drops. Some trousers or fort weapons. Nothing to think even that i have a little over the $5000 in value of drops. And, most of the times, i don´t get anything dropped (i get more things on breakup gangs than TM).
I didn´t try on a sheet test to see what drops, but i have been getting more things from low level jobs, counting that i make them the same time. (for example: Collect Eagle Feathers got me 5 belts in the last 13 times i did the job)

One thing that, is possible (with my luck, i can´t say), changed is the precious stones. On the old game i was getting 1 precious stone in each 4h of the job. On the 2.01 i have 33 times on precious stones and only have 1 uncut diamond and 1 uncut emerald (and 28 coal) even that i made the job when i find it silvered or golden.
Yeah, I seem to be getting way more drops from mining sulfur than TM.

DeletedUser

I don´t think that it´s that way. I have made many times the TM and i didn´t had great drops. Some trousers or fort weapons. Nothing to think even that i have a little over the $5000 in value of drops. And, most of the times, i don´t get anything dropped (i get more things on breakup gangs than TM).
I didn´t try on a sheet test to see what drops, but i have been getting more things from low level jobs, counting that i make them the same time. (for example: Collect Eagle Feathers got me 5 belts in the last 13 times i did the job)

One thing that, is possible (with my luck, i can´t say), changed is the precious stones. On the old game i was getting 1 precious stone in each 4h of the job. On the 2.01 i have 33 times on precious stones and only have 1 uncut diamond and 1 uncut emerald (and 28 coal) even that i made the job when i find it silvered or golden.

Well that's the problem, you did it to many times. I had this issue with ambush stagecoach long before the update. When I first started doing the job it was going great, then it pretty much stopped dropping me anything. I'd go and do several hours of different jobs, I'd get drops from charlatan, treasure hunt, peace negotiation, but nothing from ambush stagecoach. I had a very very long streak of nothing. And I can tell you for sure, that before the update I had the same chance of finding smth at ANY jobs for the same amount of time worked. So your unlucky streak with TM does not prove me wrong.

DeletedUser

Has anything change with regard to the 3rd key drop? I have about 800 additional LP's for Grave Robber but my luck is still only 4.5k. if the 3rd key has a value of 7.5k, how could it possibly drop? Any suggestions would be welcomed, as I'm hanging out for my golden gun. Cheers

DeletedUser18222

Has anything change with regard to the 3rd key drop? I have about 800 additional LP's for Grave Robber but my luck is still only 4.5k. if the 3rd key has a value of 7.5k, how could it possibly drop? Any suggestions would be welcomed, as I'm hanging out for my golden gun. Cheers

key 3 is a quest drop,so value doesnt affect it. Having at least 700 lp is required iirc,but now,key 3 has become very difficult for grave robber. (however,having premium lessens the time needed to get it)

DeletedUser32970

im a pure trader on briscoe recently migrated there to complete my allan quatermains set and never had any probs with drops +744 lp in tm and in last 87 jobs iv found 39 items and 39 products since the 27 of december
items included
BELTS
clamitys, adah isaacs , fancy eagle, green eagle,3x fancy cartridge , 3x fancy studded
DUELWEAPONS
nats machete ,cody's ,figeroes, presice peacemaker, presice bluntine,presice schofeild 2x sharp lumberjack axe, 2x grantmonts pistol
sharp tomahawk
PANTS
fancy linnen pants,black indian,green indian,grey indian ,fancy overalls,blue overalls,blue fur pants
CLOTHING
brown coat

NECKBAND
brown shawl, blue shawl
HEADGEAR
black stetson,indian feather hat
SHOES
brown boots,charlatans shoes
probally missed a few as i delete reports every so often if iv sold the item

and plenty of roses gold dust saws and pumaskins
and got 3rd key about 5 jobs after i got over 720 lp

and just to add im soldier lvl 80 with a max luck of 7801 wearing full quatermains clothes and guns
so i dont have any trouble finding stuff working TM i know a lot of people who have been doing the same work as i have but jsut as GR and not even found 1% of what i have i guess not many people getting buried with good stuff these days

DeletedUser

Same results here. This 2.0 crap sucks. I am fully speced for traveling merchant lvl 120 with premium (130 charisma, 513 trading) with 2744$ to 8232$ range and before patch I was finding named items, high level items and great recipes multiple times a day all the time. Since 2.0, iv found jack. All i get are flags, hammers, sickles, and gems. Pure BS. Its pure BS that they dont even tell use WTF is going on or how things are. They are so vague on everything and you cant get a clear answer on anything such as luck, or if motivation has a role. Just BS. I mean, I dont understand why they cant give us clear and straight answers. I pay money, Id like clear answers....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

When you buy any kind of game, does it come with tip sheet, complete walkthrough and secret bonus keys? No. You find that out playing. Works the same way here. We figured the luck out so they changed it. Now we gotta figure it out again. At least they keep it interesting. I for one do not want everything on a silver platter.

DeletedUser

2.0 has nothing to do with it, luck drops haven't changed. You were apparently very lucky before 2.0, because I wasn't finding "named items, high level items and great recipes multiple times a day all the time". Motivation OBVIOUSLY has an effect on the rate of luck drops. It always has and it hasn't changed. I've never played a game where the devs spelled out all the formulas for things like drop rate. If they're available, they've always been determined by players.

Snr Sarg

Motivation OBVIOUSLY has an effect on the rate of luck drops. It always has and it hasn't changed.

You sure about that?

If anything, my experience has always been that I seem to get luckier with motivation down to 0%...

DeletedUser17612

please post one report where you got item drop with 0% motivation

DeletedUser

please post one report where you got item drop with 0% motivation

You must be kidding, cause I got quite a few stuff while doing treasure hunt at 0 motivation for the treasure chest. Can't show a report though, it was quite a while ago and lost in the mess.

neel shah

No u cant find any ITEM at 0 motivation thats wat i know because i never got anything at , any ITEM at 0 motivation though i got many PRODUCTS at 0 motivation :)

DeletedUser34315

No u cant find any ITEM at 0 motivation thats wat i know because i never got anything at , any ITEM at 0 motivation though i got many PRODUCTS at 0 motivation :)

That's just flat out wrong. When farming low level products for crafting, I've found plenty of cheap items at 0 % motivation.

Slygoxx

It's difficult to believe you without proof. Do you happen to have a screenshot or the shared report code?

DeletedUser34315

It's difficult to believe you without proof. Do you happen to have a screenshot or the shared report code?

No, unfortunately. I never thought i'd need to save the reports of me farming wood.

Snr Sarg

Actually really difficult to find a 0% motivation report now it resets to 100% every night, but I did find this one. Not ideal as the job is a recipe rather than an item, but best I can find right now, will have a longer look later

jasN0WU.png

1vsm5j

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Actually really difficult to find a 0% motivation report now it resets to 100% every night, but I did find this one. Not ideal as the job is a recipe rather than an item, but best I can find right now, will have a longer look later

jasN0WU.png

1vsm5j

i can even tell you that recipy is make a polishing stone, at the jobs break up gangs, and work as travelling merchant, level 450 recipies drop as product drop(that is why many who do does jobs a lot got zillions of those 4 level 450 recipies, its the most common recipies in the west), but its not an item drop, so this is a product job at 0% go and try again :)

Snr Sarg

but its not an item drop, so this is a product job at 0% go and try again :)

As I said, it's actually really difficult to even find a 0% mot report, my work reports auto-delete after about a month (I think), but whenI find one, I'll be sure to share it.

In the meantime, I'd just like to point out that I said that I felt I got luckier, I didn't state I was talking about items, just luckier all round as it always appears to me as if the game somehow feels sorry for you getting no cash or XP so drops more bits instead - just my observation/feeling, no 'evidence' to back it up

DeletedUser

Sly and I could be wrong. Personally I just assumed the drop rate was the same. I don't see my drop rate improving as motivation drops, but it's possible the formula has a minimum drop rate above 0% now.

DeletedUser34781

Lately i have found 3 youngers and 3 als belts with 50% ish moto sometimes a little higher but never lower that i can remember