v2.0 The Messages Icon

DeletedUser

Idea title: Change the Messages Icon's behavior

Details of idea: Do not flash the messages icon when a new job report comes in.

Reasons for submitting: The icon is *constantly* flashing because of job reports, even though job reports also show up (on the left) under the saloon icon. All the commotion means I never know if/when I've been sent a telegram.

------------------------------------------
If the devs are really really attached to flashing the message icon for jobs reports and telegrams, then I submit this alternative idea:
------------------------------------------

Idea title: Meaningful notification of telegrams

Details of idea: When a telegram arrives, use the 'your friend is online' notification system (on the right side of the screen) to pop up a "you've got mail" message. This notification does not dissappear except when clicked or when the telegram window is opened (through a keyboard shortcut or by clicking the messages icon). Only one notification pop up is required for multiple telegrams and the notification could be used to open the telegram window (if the devs want). Ideally, any 'your friend is online' notifications would appear above the "you've got mail" notice.

Reasons for submitting: Job reports and telegrams need separate notification systems. The constantly flashing message icon does not effectively notify players that telegrams have arrived.

I welcome any suggestions, improvements, or alternatives.

DeletedUser30224

I'd like a separate icon for teles and separate for reports please.

Deleted User - 1278415

how about a notification section in the options interface section to tick on or off on report notifications

DeletedUser363

I agree, the constant flashing is annoying. They need to separate the reports and telegrams.