West 2.0 discussion

HelenBack

I'm seeing way too many posts like this in our forums:

It was great getting to know a lot of you over the close to two years I played the game. We had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs. I will not fight this update nor will I relearn the game.

Ya'll take care and be good.

:(

Deleted User - 1693871

Don't expect Inno to start listening now, player numbers have risen by 4k on .net alone since 2.0 rolled out and as far as they're concerned they're doing better than they have in a long time since I don't remember the last time that number actually went up instead of down.

The number quoted on the login page ... 52k players ... is the total characters, not total accounts. Don't believe me? Just add up worlds 1, 11-16, allow a bit for 2-10.

So on that basis ... if the number of characters is up by 4k, and there are just over 6k players on Dakota, that's actually a net DROP not an increase. I'm sure Inno aren't fooling themselves, just the punters as usual. :)

DeletedUser33353

Yup Helen....even kalip is going to migrate to make his last stand in w1......or, if u prefer...Kidd...same guy...lol....all my other characters have now been deleted.

DeletedUser

I too have been playing for long enough to be an old timer with a turtle. I dislike v2 and that inno brought it out in the middle of an important quest. Consequently, I will be deleting either all or almost all worlds, I may stay on w1, not decided yet. After crafting for a friend I'll be on vacation, maybe permanent vacation. Thanks for the ff, it's been fun.

DeletedUser363

They really should have waited a few more months to test/polish this update some more. Some of the crafting requirements are now ridiculous. I don't know how it is for the other professions, but the field cook beginning recipe went from requiring one tomato, to requiring 4 tomatoes and 4 granite. Having extreme crafting requirements is really the wrong way to encourage new players to get interested in crafting.

DeletedUser

They really should have waited a few more months to test/polish this update some more. Some of the crafting requirements are now ridiculous. I don't know how it is for the other professions, but the field cook beginning recipe went from requiring one tomato, to requiring 4 tomatoes and 4 granite. Having extreme crafting requirements is really the wrong way to encourage new players to get interested in crafting.

Granite mining is a 5 min job and granite is a 45% drop. Picking tomatoes is a 90 second job and tomatoes are a 42% drop. Granite used to be a 22% drop and tomatoes 33%

Then: 1 tomato = ~45 mins
Now: 4 tomatoes & 4 granite = ~59 mins

I don't think I'd call that extreme.

DeletedUser22685

The number quoted on the login page ... 52k players ... is the total characters, not total accounts. Don't believe me? Just add up worlds 1, 11-16, allow a bit for 2-10.

So on that basis ... if the number of characters is up by 4k, and there are just over 6k players on Dakota, that's actually a net DROP not an increase. I'm sure Inno aren't fooling themselves, just the punters as usual. :)

Guess I never stopped to think 50k players was a lot of individual account, I always assumed that's what the number applied to since it seems logical. Thanks for the correction.

DeletedUser34464

An idea I actually like- the bonus rings. They could make crafting more manageable (except for water, don't see ring helping much there) The problem is finding them. I'm going to start first checking my main crafting needs when I login , if there's a ring in county/nearby pound it see how that works. Stacked up 22 flour , normally a 50% drop, in 28 jobs@ silver ring. It's the its the reloading the queue ever 6 min that's the pain. Going premium doesn't help, every 12min not much better. that's what really needs to change.

Does anybody know how long rings last? 1 day? xHours? random?

Anybody found an easy way (or any way) to locate them?

DeletedUser22685

As far as I know, silver rings last a day and gold rings last a set number of jobs from all players, not sure what that exact number is though. There's no easy way to find the ringed jobs yet, you'll just have to search every job site that interests you in every county and hope you're lucky enough that the job you're looking for is ringed at that particular time.

DeletedUser

As a father, there's no way I can play this game now. Before I'd sign in twice a day once before my son woke up, once after he went to bed. Select 3 2 hour jobs, in the morning, 2 at night then hotel at night. This has been my routine since my son was born. He's now 3 years old. I will not be able to spend my whole day infront of a computer screen for the next 10 years. Will you hold my account for that long? No I didn't think so. I don't know what conveluted mind created this abomination that completely ruined the game's job system for me. Clearly they are not married have no children and sit at home all day infront of a computer munching on potato chips.

I think this was the worst update...it completely ticked off players like me. People who want a game that is leisure, something we can play during our tiresome day that we don't have to be present to play. I think we should petition the west divisions bosses. I don't think the west division will ever understand players like me. All in all I've been a very quite passive player, but this :mad: :mad: :mad: really ticks me off.

P.S. I've been so busy that it's taken me 2 hours to type this. Breakfest, laundry, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning some more, switch the laundry over, fix several toys that stopped working, kissed several boo boos, bandaged my foot, cleaned some more and get lunch and dinner started all before 10 am Eastern standard time. I've been up for 4 hours.

DeletedUser

Well its been an interesting four years but like many players enough is enough.

This so called upgrade makes gaming impossible even for me (and im online a lot).

Whoever authorised this upgrade should be fired.

Im starting to close down my characters and shall be leaving as soon as ive wasted whats left of my nuggets.

Thank you all for the fun times and the friends ive made

HelenBack

Well its been an interesting four years but like many players enough is enough.

This so called upgrade makes gaming impossible even for me (and im online a lot).

Whoever authorised this upgrade should be fired.

Im starting to close down my characters and shall be leaving as soon as ive wasted whats left of my nuggets.

Thank you all for the fun times and the friends ive made

You can still keep in contact with the friends you've made here... I would recommend making a Gmail address that doesn't have any real personal information in it since you never know who is on the other side of the computer. But you could give that out as a way to stay in touch. Maybe Inno will finally see the light and start to listen to what we have all been saying since v2 hit Beta and you'll want to return.

BTW, could we please have a new v2 smilie added in game? Maybe one that is "hitting it's head against a brick wall"? It would give us something to do while sitting around for those short jobs.
:p

DeletedUser

the only problem for me is............

The Work Hour

10 minutes of work is not long enough.....
2 minutes of chopping???...wth!!! not worth the money
plese kindly give us the option of choosing our own time limit

and my avatar not showing.....
Im from Briscoe

DeletedUser31052

As I said, I love it. The graphics are marvellous and a huge improvement. Really is a bit immersive even... the shadows in the mountains all point to it being around 10:30 am, nice touch.

I don't think that the job changes are that bad. Okay I can't set a few hours of work and log out but that's not too much of a hardship when it comes to collecting stuff for crafting or adventures. I find I just have to check in more often when I'm online or plan things in a different way. In many ways getting jobs over faster makes the working easier not more difficult.

It is good to be able to get round the map faster, those long 8-hour hauls to get the next action in a quest followed by another long journey home - no longer! Also easier to get to and from fort battles, I have missed many battles in the past because I haven't been able to get to them in time.

The feature to pick the best equipment for a job is a great advance. There are sites that calculate this, but it took me a long time to find them when I started and I'd given up using them because they were too much bother. Getting fitted out in a couple of seconds is a boon.

I've been playing nearly 3 years and was getting bored, not any more.

As Android81 says, "For those who log in once or twice a day this is awesome. Good job developers"... seconded.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You and Android will be able to have ff together, one can attack while the other defends, what fun! And when everyone leaves you wont be harassed by duelers while in work clothes, just think of the adventures the 2 of you will have together.

DeletedUser22685

BTW, could we please have a new v2 smilie added in game? Maybe one that is "hitting it's head against a brick wall"? It would give us something to do while sitting around for those short jobs.
:p

Like this?
emoticon-0179-headbang.gif

It's so weird seeing emoticons in profiles and telegrams, I'll have to get used to that too.

DeletedUser

The silver ring is on that job for the a day (server time 0:00 to 23:59).
The gold ring is there for 30 to 50 jobs completed on that location. When people do the last job from the counting or the day finishs, the gold ring moves somewhere else. So, if 50 people (couldn´t test all the way since i had been on a gold peace negociations, made the job for 8 times with another person there that did it 4 times and the midnight arrived and the ring was gone).

You need to search for them. :D today i found a gold ring 46min from my town... on Charlatan :D trying to get elixirs is the main target.

DeletedUser

The gold ring is there for 30 to 50 jobs completed on that location. When people do the last job from the counting or the day finishs, the gold ring moves somewhere else. So, if 50 people (couldn´t test all the way since i had been on a gold peace negociations, made the job for 8 times with another person there that did it 4 times and the midnight arrived and the ring was gone).

maybe it's different with job difficulty, but on those 15sec jobs, golden ring stays more then 100 times when doing it.

DeletedUser

I like the new job times, when I'm on line I can do short one, can stock up on products for crafting and quest, and when I'm not online I set long jobs, or walk some where far. And now with been able to do four task, I've pretty much got a full day covered.

DeletedUser16008

I like the new job times, when I'm on line I can do short one, can stock up on products for crafting and quest, and when I'm not online I set long jobs, or walk some where far. And now with been able to do four task, I've pretty much got a full day covered.

When im online I am either dueling or in a battle coming up. It used to take all of 5 mins to set up other world accounts doing what you wish and leave. Now its a total waste of my time and forced to pick long jobs to achieve the same most of which I have no use at all for nor want to do

I had 7 or so accounts id set and go and play one or two worlds properly. Last week I got so annoyed with the job system now i gave all a break but one, today I went to log onto one of my casual worlds and just couldn't be bothered to do the second look around etc so just set them all to sleep.

The only way you have all day covered is only doing long jobs it offers as long.... I do believe players liked the control they had on their toon and jobs and choice of time ... they dont now, I still after trying many times to get used to V2 find it restricting and now boring, nice one.