New job times: good or derptastic?

DeletedUser34729

so, let me get this straight, i work for ten minutes in picking beans and i get none, the motivation is down 50% so i quit trying to find them because i know its now near impossible to get them, but now i have to wait some 2 days before i get the motivation back up so that i at least have a small chance of finding them?

does that seem fair to you? :no:

DeletedUser

I'm pretty convinced at this point that whoever is in charge of setting up the numbers and requirements for the various parts of the game (items needed in crafting recipes or for quests vs percentage chances of drops vs labor points required vs etc) doesn't actually analyze things in terms of how many times a player is going to need to click a button and how long they're going to have to wait.

The huge grind needed for the various crafting jobs was bad enough (and the complete lack of correlation between value of item and difficulty in crafting it), and now they've thrown these job changes on top of what was already a bit of a mess, seemingly without any thought to how any of these systems interact.

I was giving it a week, but the more I think about it the more it feels like 2.0 is a good stopping place for my The West career. It doesn't seem like things are likely to get better at this point.

DeletedUser16806

If that 24 indicates that I have to do the job 24 times then how come the indicator didn't say (12/24) If the 24 indicates 24 hours and I did it for an hour how come it doesn't say 1/24.

That is some known awful programming that requires you to re-visit the quest giver to actually see what you've done. 24 blank = do the job 24 times.

There is nothing positive about this downgrade.

DeletedUser34464

so, yesterday

13x10min=2:10hr@ 26% yield= 3 jug
2x90min=3:00hr@ 75% yield= 2 water

gotta love the inno math- less time+lower % = higher yield

so let me get this straight- if I'm really, really lucky, somewhere around 120 hours + travel time,I might have enough enough supplies to make the 50 jugs of water....so I can start gathering the rest of the stuff for dough or mash to move on to next level.

I don't mind hard, not asking for easy, just not torture. At least very least some sort of consistency.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34969

I'm pretty convinced at this point that whoever is in charge of setting up the numbers and requirements for the various parts of the game (items needed in crafting recipes or for quests vs percentage chances of drops vs labor points required vs etc) doesn't actually analyze things in terms of how many times a player is going to need to click a button and how long they're going to have to wait.

The huge grind needed for the various crafting jobs was bad enough (and the complete lack of correlation between value of item and difficulty in crafting it), and now they've thrown these job changes on top of what was already a bit of a mess, seemingly without any thought to how any of these systems interact.

I was giving it a week, but the more I think about it the more it feels like 2.0 is a good stopping place for my The West career. It doesn't seem like things are likely to get better at this point.

Well said Spamwise, I think my long career in "The West" will come to an end as well.

This is how I see it and its why i don't see them changing anything as far as these job times go.

It's about money, thats what it's about. They "appear" to be trying to maximize the money they can make by forcing players to pay for additional job queue spots.

If you want to finish a quest or advance a level on crafting or whatever and do not want to or can not log in every 20 minutes then you will either purchase more queue slots or you will quit.

With thinking like this they accomplish two things. Number 1, they increase the money they make and number 2 they get rid of the dead beat / deadwood players that do not pay.

It's a win/win situation for them. Don't hold your breath on them ever changing anything. I have seen this same thing in many other games similar to this one. Only it's kind of strange to make such an abrupt and different change like this after running the game a certain way and for such a long time.

Money is what drives the game and do not be fooled because they do not care if you come or go. So I'll be gone very soon unfortunately because i really liked this game and have liked it for years now.

Oh well, it was nice, now it looks like its time to mosey on to newer pastures. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34464

Well said Spamwise, I think my long career in "The West" will come to an end as well.

This is how I see it and its why i don't see them changing anything as far as these job times go.

It's about money, thats what it's about. They "appear" to be trying to maximize the money they can make by forcing players to pay for additional job queue spots.

If you want to finish a quest or advance a level on crafting or whatever and do not want to or can not log in every 20 minutes then you will either purchase more queue slots or you will quit.

With thinking like this they accomplish two things. Number 1, they increase the money they make and number 2 theyget rid of the dead beat / deadwood players that do not pay.

It's a win/win situation for them. Don't hold your breath on them ever changing anything. I have seen this same thing in many other games similar to this one. Only it's kind of strange to make such an abrupt and different change like this after running the game a certain way and for such a long time.

Money is what drives the game and do not be fooled because they do not care if you come or go. So I'll be gone very soon unfortunately because i really liked this game and have liked it for years now.

Oh well, it was nice, now it looks like its time to mosey on to newer pastures. :(

Except this(bolded) virtually never works. You can't force premium; you have to make it a attractive option. The free-to-play model is delicate; you have to accept that only a certain percentage of your players will go premium. If you want everybody to pay, go-pay-to-play. Additionally, you can't consider free players 'deadwood' they're more of a sunk cost. You need them in the free-to-play environment to give premium players something to do. It's not easy. What's sad is The West had all the elements in an attractive mix, it needed tweaks, a face-lift and advertising, not ground up revamp. Time will tell, but this really looks like 4-5 different departments were working separately on elements, and when it came together, no one was willing to step up and say "this isn't working".

DeletedUser

I have been playing since 2008 and I have enjoyed this game very much. I must say there are lots of things I like about the new update, and many things I dislike about the update. #1 on my list is the new jobs. I hate the fixed times, because like others are saying, I have to be constantly at my computer updating the game every 60 seconds in some cases. I believe this is a sales tactic with the idea that the more a player *needs* to visits the game the better. It works for games like farmville, but in this case, there's no way I'm going to sit at the computer and update my character to Pick Sugar Cane every 60 seconds. It was nice when I could line up jobs for 6 hours at a time and walk away.

Crafting isn't even worth it anymore. Questing is becoming daunting, and I'm really not a dueler, so I'm wondering what will keep me playing this game? I'm thinking about leaving, even after having played for so many years. I really enjoyed the game up until this point.

DeletedUser

there are lots of things that i like on v2.0 and there is just one thing i disliked which is fixed job times and this one is sufficient enough to make me leave the game b'cos i couldn't waste my real day for picking imaginery sugar cane.

DeletedUser22685

so, let me get this straight, i work for ten minutes in picking beans and i get none, the motivation is down 50% so i quit trying to find them because i know its now near impossible to get them, but now i have to wait some 2 days before i get the motivation back up so that i at least have a small chance of finding them?

does that seem fair to you? :no:

Motivation doesn't affect product drops. Although I was shocked at how fast you can run your motivation down, you can get from 100% to 0% just to find 5 berries if you're lucky.

DeletedUser34969

So is Inno going to do anything? Or are they just going to continue to ignore this issue? I really would like to hear from someone in authority in this game to see what their take on this situation is.

If 99% of the player base IS NOT happy with this update then I can not see the reason why they can't at least say something about it and try to come up with a work around.

It can't be that difficult to change one little option on these jobs like giving the player the OPTION to pick how long they want to do a job for. If they want to take one of my job queue spots away then take it away, I don't care.

DO SOMETHING and at least have the common courtesy to come on these forums and say something. Man up and give me and all the rest of these players your reasoning behind these changes.

You have ruined this game so why don't you at least give an explanation for what you have done. Personally, I think it is money related. So with that said. InnoGame developers and game owners, if you like to be called money grubbing, greedy Bast@rds that just don't give a d@mn then continue with your silence.

And go ahead and ban me from this forum because I could care less. Or better yet, hire me on as staff because I would fit in perfectly with all of you game owners and developers that don't care. Then I could sit around DOING NOTHING too!

It's time to face the music, don't you think InnoGames? At least stop insulting the good people that continue coming here...:mad::(:mad::(

DeletedUser

If 99% of the player base IS NOT happy with this update then I can not see the reason why they can't at least say something about it and try to come up with a work around.

I think your estimated 1% approval rating is a bit off.

DeletedUser22685

I think Elmyr's right. Ever heard of the vocal minority? You only see negative feedback because those that hate the update are more likely to complain about it than those who like it are to come to the forum specifically to praise it. Plus a lot of that negative feedback comes from the same people over and over, so in all there are probably only 100 people max who have come on the forums and complained about 2.0. That's quite a small proportion of the player base and probably the reason Inno went through with 2.0.

DeletedUser16008

Quite simple really if you want to know the truth and opinion of a gaming community, you do an ingame poll, simple log in pop up. ;)

DeletedUser

Does anyone here think Inno will pay any attention and put this right?
Personally, I doubt it. I have read over 20 pages of complaints over the job times on just 1 other thread alone. I agree with some earlier comments saying people are more likely to complain here than praise but there are a large number of players that don't use these forums, like myself until a couple of days ago and they are all complaining in game about it.
I haven't spoken to one person that actually likes the new job times and think it's a disgrace.
For me it's made the game unplayable and I have put myself in vacation mode on every world I play, if it's not changed to a more playable format then there's no point me staying, which after playing for 4 years is disappointing.

DeletedUser34464

I think Elmyr's right. Ever heard of the vocal minority? You only see negative feedback because those that hate the update are more likely to complain about it than those who like it are to come to the forum specifically to praise it. Plus a lot of that negative feedback comes from the same people over and over, so in all there are probably only 100 people max who have come on the forums and complained about 2.0. That's quite a small proportion of the player base and probably the reason Inno went through with 2.0.

Except there's an old axiom in business- if one person complains, 10 people felt the same way & just walked away. People in general are far more likely to to give positive feedback than negative.

I happen to believe the more I get into the update that inno knows they did not put out a the product they were aiming to, but were forced to. The update had already been pushed almost a year. I suspect there may have been a 'put out or pull out' meeting with an investor, something like that. It's not just the game play elements that are unpolished. Chat background color change still in hexidecimal? That's not the mark of a finished product.

You don't put out a youtube vid flogging your product and shut off the comments if you think it's going to be flooded with positive feedback.

Deleted User - 1278415

Quite simple really if you want to know the truth and opinion of a gaming community, you do an ingame poll, simple log in pop up. ;)

I fully agree with this.

So put a poll in game to see how Inno is doing.
1st question How do you like the v2.0 job times? good or bad

I'd wager a 20 pos/80 neg. rating.

*Note when you do the poll please put it in English.

DeletedUser30417

Not everyone who hates/dislikes 2.0 will go to the forum to complain about it as well. So it is impossible to say how the silent majority feels about the new version solely based on feedback from the forum. It could very well be that the vocal minority actually represents a very large percentage of the playerbase.

Like other posters have suggested there should have been an in-game poll (in beta) to find out. But Innogames never did a poll (afaik) so they don't either care about player opinions and/or are afraid of massive negative opinions.

DeletedUser

I hate the job times and the chat. if they go back to the old system with those two things I think everyone would be very pleased with 2.0. I'll give this a month or so to see if they fix it, if not, I'm done with the west and with inno

DeletedUser22685

Not everyone who hates/dislikes 2.0 will go to the forum to complain about it as well. So it is impossible to say how the silent majority feels about the new version solely based on feedback from the forum. It could very well be that the vocal minority actually represents a very large percentage of the playerbase.

Like other posters have suggested there should have been an in-game poll (in beta) to find out. But Innogames never did a poll (afaik) so they don't either care about player opinions and/or are afraid of massive negative opinions.

Inno have said that in-game feedback was mostly forum and forum feedback was mostly negative. That's what I based my post on. However I'm not really sure how they get any feedback in-game unless they're in town forums on Beta or something, but even so I've seen about the same ratio of positive to negative comments in-game as I have here in the forums, so I have no idea where they got that idea from. I find it hard to believe players on Beta flooded them with thanks for making forts impossible to build. The other new features are a matter of preference, fort products however are completely insane and no one has any reason to prefer it this way.