West 2.0 discussion

HelenBack

I always judge a person not on whether they make mistakes, but rather that they are big enough to recognise them and show contrition.
I don't judge Inno well I'm afraid.

I wholeheartedly agree with that statement... It would show more guts for them to admit that what they tried to do did not work out and they will be going back to the old Job System and Chat... Instead, they refuse to admit what they did was wrong and peeps do not like it.... and will shove it down our throats. The thing they don't realize is... they will be the ones to choke on it because most of us will just move on to a different game.
:tumble:

What totally amazes me is the absolute stupidity that they are showing by ignoring 48 pages of feedback here... as well as 50 Pages of Feedback in Beta.
:blink:

DeletedUser34781

The game is stale at the moment, any change is better than none at all.

its stale in most worlds as alot of people just waiting for this crap update to arrive...why throw yourself into the game as you may/may not continue to play it...
i will continue to play for while even though i hate it as i invested few nuggets so i will most probably cut back on it..as these 2 hour jobs are plain stupid but then again log in set 2 hours x 4 and log out like most will do

DeletedUser

The game is stale at the moment, any change is better than none at all.

It might be stale Derek but do you seriously think this job nonsense on v2 is the Answer?
Pure guess but I expect new players to get bored and disillusioned VERY quickly, and older players will still be bored.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14006

I actually like the idea of 1/2/5 minute jobs as I do not do jobs precisely because they take too long, as for what I have heard about the duel XP and chat setup it sounds horrible and I would hope they fix this of course.

DeletedUser28189

One thing I hadn't thought about until a visit to the text and translation error thread: all the devs seem to speak English. Why does half the English in the game seem to have been Google translated?

Well, are the forum mods also the developers, or are they just the mouthpiece for a bigger group, many of which may not be as savvy with English.

DeletedUser30417

One thing I hadn't thought about until a visit to the text and translation error thread: all the devs seem to speak English. Why does half the English in the game seem to have been Google translated?

Maybe it seems this way because it probably is the case :laugh:

The game is developed in German. Using Google Translate to translate the German text into English (and the other languages in the localized versions) is way cheaper than hiring actual people to do the translating. And the devs probably don't have time to do the translating, no doubt they are busy searching and implementing new ways to further ruin a perfectly good game.

DeletedUser22685

I also don't care about the job times. The short ones anyway, I'm fine with clicking a few extra times but I'm not keen on going back to those boring two hour jobs. However, jobs seem to be the main problem people have with the update, and if everybody quits because of jobs then I can no longer play the social duelling and fort fighting game that I prefer because it relies on having other people to play with.

Job times are possible to adapt to. We adapted to one hour jobs from two hour jobs after all. However, people won't give it a chance and quit straight away, then players that don't care about jobs but rely on a large number of people being active, such as fort fighters and duellers, will also suffer as I said above.

Fort building on the other hand is not possible to adapt to. There's no way collecting thousands of products to build a single fort is ever going to get easier and it's ridiculous to even expect us to be able to do that.

Same goes with duel exp, why they messed with that I'll never understand.

I can live with the chat, I don't see it as too much of a problem. If people really hate it so much though they could easily just return it to its traditional spot down the bottom of the game window.

DeletedUser

My only complains about the 2.0:
The times of some jobs below 3 minutes are discussing. This is not a game like grecopolis or thrones where you can be active por 24h doing things;
The drops of some quests are not adjusted for the new schematic of the times of the jobs. So if you want to get some item that you could get by doing the job 5 times on the maximum time available on 1.36, now it can take you over 12h of job (around 100 times selecting the job) to get them. On the time it looks like the same thing... the problem is that, on the older one you just needed to get into the game twice... on the new one you need to get on the game 26 times;
The chat... the older one was perfect (for people that knew how to work with it). The new one covers too much and blocks many view of the map.
The dailies are "easier" but you need to find the waupee village and the ghost town. And that is not easy if you just use the map to search for them.

On the crafting, some requeriments where raised, others lowered. No problem there.

On the other side... the 2.0 will be the first version (and i have more than 12 versions on the game) that doesn´t have anything new on the quest side. (it has a new tutorial and changed requirements for some low level quests)

DeletedUser

can somebody translate this :D
Frohe Botschaft!

Deiner Stadt wurde das Privileg zugesprochen auf die neue Karte umzusiedeln.

Bitte gehe in die Stadthalle -> Stadtreservierung und gebe die Wunschkoordinaten des neuen Stadtplatzes ein. Wenn du nichts einträgst, wird der Sheriff entscheiden, wo ihr euer neues Zuhause finden werdet.

Wir sehen uns drüben!

DeletedUser

it means:
go to town hall > town reservation and reserve a spot for your town in new map.

anyone knows what will happen with items bought but not collected at the time of update?

DeletedUser

I didnt have the chance to play beta to experience v2 and have started playing not to far ago ( i am level 50).

Can someone please tell if there is anything i should specifically do before V2 hits?

Example: obtain X cause it becomes way harder in V2, do Y quest etc.

Or are the changes listed anywhere so i can check it out myself?

DeletedUser

Is there any news on what you get for the forts? (other than the achievement)

DeletedUser

i send a report on a breach of rules by desi boukerse and da twista for sending us german messages on an english world! i truly hope they will get punished appropiately! :D:D

DeletedUser16008

can somebody translate this :D
Frohe Botschaft!

Deiner Stadt wurde das Privileg zugesprochen auf die neue Karte umzusiedeln.

Bitte gehe in die Stadthalle -> Stadtreservierung und gebe die Wunschkoordinaten des neuen Stadtplatzes ein. Wenn du nichts einträgst, wird der Sheriff entscheiden, wo ihr euer neues Zuhause finden werdet.

Wir sehen uns drüben!

Whilst everyone is perfectly capable of doing google translate, why they heck should we ? There seems to be a total disregard or respect for the .net community with this being sent out en masse untranslated ...

We are here talking about the state of inno not caring about the community, or being incompetent, Elmyr points out the devs can in fact speak english and we get this today lmao

Biggest update ever. Community not very happy and a pragraph worth of words to translate.... that is all but do they bother ? Naaaaaa

Ironic or what ?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser363

From here: http://forum.westbeta.innogames.de/showpost.php?p=20624&postcount=496
Joony said:
Ok, sorry you don't like the new job system. We at InnoGames are convinced that it helps us getting new players into the game which is our main goal with 2.0. All players that want to go on playing The West 2.0 will be able to get used to the new system. It's not breaking the whole game flow. Some players might fall back in the ranking by a few places and we know that is not nice but we think that the new job system overall is an improvement that will have a good impact on the game's future.
Therefore we will not change back to the old system.

I have no idea why they think new players will find the new job system exciting. There is nothing exciting to me about clicking the same button 40 times. They should really focus on advertising if they want to get new players into the game.