West 2.0 discussion

DeletedUser

It would be nice to get some kind of answer from the devs on this. I imagine they would have to get what they say approved first but they have to be able to tell us more than they are telling us about an estimated release date on public beta, which is almost zero.

I don't understand why "when it's done" is not an acceptable answer to you? I'm sure they have a road map for when they want to release it, but any number of things can change deadlines. Based on the internal beta, I can tell you for sure, that there is still a lot of actual coding work to be done, so don't expect to see it on public beta any time soon. Once it's on public beta, players over there can form their own opinions on how ready for release it is. Inno has stated that they want to push 2.0 for a timely release, that means they're putting effort into it. When exactly is timely? I'm sure no one knows exactly.

DeletedUser

It would be nice to get some kind of answer from the devs on this. I imagine they would have to get what they say approved first but they have to be able to tell us more than they are telling us about an estimated release date on public beta, which is almost zero.

I would better say that the Innos are doing the right thing by taking their time.No real hurry,we just want to have a better gaming experience,with the least possibilities of bugs in the game.Some of us (no harm meant to anyone) are in a hurry,just see guys...ultimately we would be the only ones responsible when we complain about bugs in the game to the Devs,since we are hurrying for The West 2.0...so why not let them take their time and let them release The West 2.0 with the least no.of bugs? :)

DeletedUser21816

The West said:
We were working on the new minimap this week. This is our result. We still have some improvements for the minimap in mind but it's already better than the old one. What do you think?

http://www.facebook.com/TheWestGame

7753411066_38aa11784c_b.jpg

DeletedUser

I don't understand why "when it's done" is not an acceptable answer to you? I'm sure they have a road map for when they want to release it, but any number of things can change deadlines. Based on the internal beta, I can tell you for sure, that there is still a lot of actual coding work to be done, so don't expect to see it on public beta any time soon. Once it's on public beta, players over there can form their own opinions on how ready for release it is. Inno has stated that they want to push 2.0 for a timely release, that means they're putting effort into it. When exactly is timely? I'm sure no one knows exactly.

I think the sense of urgency is probably about knowing how much time we have to prepare for forts in 2.0.

Spaceydk

I just need the update so I don't have to go to every town to collect what my shopaholic genes have caused me to buy.

Attachments

• shopping.jpg
    shopping.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 46

DeletedUser

Its very simple fly. Because "when its done" means absolutely nothing. When its done could mean 1 month, 3 months or 6 months. No one is asking for a specific date or for them to rush it. What I am asking for is an estimate. 1 month, 3 months, 6 months? I don't understand why that request could be perceived as unreasonable by anyone. The way INNO is keeping this a secret it leads me to believe that they plan to just spring the update unannounced, which would be a terrible move.
Lets take forts for example. Lack of info about compensation for forts lost in 2.0 and lack of info about the timing of 2.0 effects the game right now. All the forts are going to be wiped clean for the 2.0 update. We know this as a fact since the devs have released that information. We also know that some kind of compensation will be given to fort owners but they have not said what that is. It makes a huge difference what that compensation is. If the compensation is poor and the update is close, its not in towns best interest to dig new forts. They are better off saving their treasury for building new forts when the update comes. If it is coming in 6 months, then there is still a lot of game time to use the fort so its probably worth going after them still. Alternatively. if the update is coming fast but the compensation is good, then digging more forts makes sense as the town will get a windfall in 2.0. There is also the issue of how much time do we have to gather products to rebuild the forts. There are knock on effects relating to the timing of 2.0 and open questions about how it will be handled by inno.

DeletedUser

I just need the update so I don't have to go to every town to collect what my shopaholic genes have caused me to buy.
You need the update? Don't see how an update will solve a buyihg problem.

If you're not shoping at towns that you are a member of, you truely have a problem.

DeletedUser

Yeah but since 1500 towns will be moved (and i guess there are less then 1500 towns on any world), you will still have to collect all items in 2.0.
Unless it is a ghost town.

DeletedUser

Yeah, it's just about the market, because the towns won't be ghost towns, the entire map will be gone. I guess the towns that migrate to the new map will still have the market purchases there.

DeletedUser

Yeah, it's just about the market, because the towns won't be ghost towns, the entire map will be gone. I guess the towns that migrate to the new map will still have the market purchases there.

I readed somewhere that after the migration, everything that is on the market will be sent to the inventory of the seller (or buyer if it was bought and not taked before the new version arrives).
Can´t remember where did i saw that... searching the dev-blog since i think that it is somewhere there.

DeletedUser

I readed somewhere that after the migration, everything that is on the market will be sent to the inventory of the seller (or buyer if it was bought and not taked before the new version arrives).
Can´t remember where did i saw that... searching the dev-blog since i think that it is somewhere there.

ONLY if town is ghost town or if there are more then 1500 towns on map and items are in that town which will not be migrated.

Desi:
http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=646652&postcount=128

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I quoted the post 5 posts before yours...

DeletedUser22493

http://forum.westbeta.innogames.de/showthread.php?t=1746

Update to 2.0 is getting closer!

Dear Players!

As the update to 2.0 is getting closer we'd like to remind you of a few important things:

As you might know, the new map in version 2.0 will look a lot different than the map looks now. There aren't only optical changes but the whole background structure will change.

The biggest change, that many other changes result from, is the size of the new map - it's only a quarter of the current size.
Changing the map size allowed us to create the whole map manually and create a huge variety and great quality.

What effects does this have?
  • There will still be 3 forts per county, but there will be only 14 counties.
  • There will be room for aproximately 2300 towns, not 10.000 like we have now.
  • The towns will have different positions and other distances to other towns
  • Jobs, quest employees and forts will be relocated too

Relocation of towns
First of all: we'll only migrate 1500 towns at max! The first 500 towns in the ranking will be migrated for sure and ghost towns will be removed.
After that the system will search the ranking from top to bottom for 1000 towns that have more than 1 citizen.
If it can't find 1000 towns that have more than 1 citizens the remaining spots will be filled with 1-man-towns, starting from the top of the ranking again.

Which towns will be migrated will be decided before the update. Town founders will get access to a limited version of our map editor and can check out the new town locations. They'll also be able to see the coordinates of town places. After choosing a spot, they can take the coordinates of this spot and go back into the game to enter the coordinates in their town hall.
If this spot is not yet reserved by a founder of another town the entered spot will be saved and reserved so that the town will be moved to that spot while the update to Version 2 is running.
If the spot is already taken an error message will appear and the founder can choose another spot.
If there is more than 1 founder in a town the town position reservation can be overwritten by other founders! So you should discuss first where you want to move your town to.
If you don't choose a spot in the given time, your town will be moved to a random spot.

A few hundred spots will stay free on all worlds so that others can found new towns and alliances.

Relocation of characters
Your characters will be migrated to your town spot while the update is running, presumed they are still citizens of a town.
All players that do not belong to a town will be put to a random town or town founding spot.

Relocation of forts
Please prepare already - we won't relocate any forts, but will delete all of them, and you'll have to build them up again.
As we will have a lot less forts than before we couldn't find a fair and easy way to relocate them without damaging alliances.
After the update the forts can be founded and built up again. First come, first served. This will bring new action into the game, workers will have a job again and all towns have the same chance to get a fort.
There will be a little compensation for fort owners but this will stay as a surprise for now.

Deletion of tasks
Because job spots, quest employees and almost everything will have different positions on the new map we will have to delete all tasks in your queue once the update takes place (Jobs, duels, everything).
You will not get back the energy for jobs/duels and so on. The update will be announced as precisely as possible so that you can prepare for it.

Deleted User - 1693871

I have a question about the map - will it be the same map for all worlds, or are there different maps?

DeletedUser

also, will the new map show the indian villiage ghost town holy rock etc? I don't see any locations of quest givers in this new map?