Dueling

• Thread starter DeletedUser34754
  • Start date

DeletedUser34754

I know that this is not easy to make but I must ask: I think it's unfair that the duel takes place where the player who is under attack is at the moment when the duel is given. I think it is much fairer that attacker go forward to its target until he arrives at a new location and than duel his target.
Also think that game should somehow inform the player who is under attack (red dot on the screen or some message), and attacked player can decide whether to accept a duel or decline it. If he decline he still lose the money as in normal duel, but not the HP.

Proposal
The game should somehow inform the player who is under attack, and attacked player can decide whether to accept a duel or decline it.

Current Workaround
None since last update.

Details
In early stages of duel (5 minutes) dueled player can leave place and escape in town or fort, in later stage he can decline duel, but he still lose duel except for loss of HP, dueler gets standard money, XP and win as the duel takes place. If dueled player does not act on warning duel takes place as usual.

Abuse Prevention
Open for discussion, duelers can see this as abuse of dueling system, but workers can see it as fair game. In later stage of duel, dueled player can not spend or deposit money, same as he is in fort battle.

Visual Aids
duelwarning.jpg

Summary
After last update duelers can duel players from distance (virtually across the server), duel takes place where is queued and not at the place where dueled player is.Dueled player have no warning that he can be or is dueled. If duelers have no need to chase their targets across the map, it will be fair that dueled players have some warning about incoming dueler (duel). This will bring some lost fairness in the dueling.
Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31397

I know that this is not easy to make but I must ask: I think it's unfair that the duel takes place where the player who is under attack is at the moment when the duel is given. I think it is much fairer that attacker go forward to its target until he arrives at a new location and than duel his target.
Also think that game should somehow inform the player who is under attack (red dot on the screen or some message), and attacked player can decide whether to accept a duel or decline it. If he decline he still lose the money as in normal duel, but not the HP.

Well yeah, that's how things worked out in real Wild West. Two people would decide time and place for the duel, not like this. At the moment, this is not duel, this is ambush. Your target has no clue he/ she would be attacked. Even tho I would like to see notification when you're about to be dueled, it would be really complicated. Many players would decline the duels and many players bank their money, so looking for a target would be very difficult.

Btw, if you want this idea to be discussed here, you need to use a proper format for posting. Read about it here: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=30480

So, I must say no to this. Sorry.

DeletedUser

Inform the player what's the point of that? Then duelers are going to quit the game. No one who is under attack should know they are getting attacked since it defeats the purpose of dueling, and what to do you mean by accept it? Obviously every single person will decline and bank their money this idea is not well thought out and it's not even worth discussion. Period.

DeletedUser31397

Well what, he has a point there. You made a few posts about comparing RL to TW aswell. Why didn't you think of this?

Two people would decide time and place for the duel, not like this. At the moment, this is not duel, this is ambush. Your target has no clue he/ she would be attacked.

And noone that has any idea of how real Wild West functioned can say I am wrong. But, unfortunatley, game can't work like that, as you said duelers would probabbly left that game, etc..

DeletedUser34315

As a dueler, i can think of maybe 4 people in the entire server within my duel range who would accept my challenge, on the rare times they are online.
Absolutely no from me.

DeletedUser

This would complete defeat the point of duel counts in the game. Workers get the complete advantage of no dueling and duelers get the complete disadvantage without dueling.

DeletedUser

I've got a new idea how about adventurers have to wait every week to do 3 quests workers can only build 1 building a week and soldiers can only participate in 4 fort battles a week. Someone please close this thread.

DeletedUser31397

I've got a new idea how about adventurers have to wait every week to do 3 quests workers can only build 1 building a week and soldiers can only participate in 4 fort battles a week. Someone please close this thread.

That was my point. This is a game and it can't work not even near like real life. How it would be that you have to eat something (let's say products from jobs) and drink a glass of water. And if you wouldn't drink anything in a week your character would die and you would have to start from the begining. :p Also sucks for a game.

DeletedUser

Exactly there are no fort battles in the 21st century and this is a game and in a game everything is different. Just cause you watch a movie filled with computer effects like Transformers it doesn't mean it could happen in real life.

DeletedUser34754

Now is a good time to clarify idea a bit. It is possible to queue duel from a distance, as soon as dueler arrives at the place where duel is queued 10 minutes dueling time begins. At that moment player under attack is at the opposite side of server say sector A1, no one around in 30 minutes area, and suddenly he gets duel report. Now it gets even better, if queued two duels at the same place, a second target is at sector D10, but he gets dueled after 10 minutes and dueler itself is still at sector where he queue duel. Theoretically it is possible to hit 8 targets (with automation premium) without moving and targets can be in the other universe. If dueler don't have to be at my location, at least I need some kind of warning. If target decline duel, dueler gets his money, gets a win, the only difference is that target is not loosing HP and energy (if KOed).

This is better option for duelers than to chase players around if they are forced to be at the same location with their target. My speed is 544%, there is a ton of towns and ghost towns in 7 minutes radius, you will chase me all day long and still won't duel me.

It is a fair that non dueler players get some warning about get dueled.

DeletedUser34754

In a word..... Pathetic
It is not. Victor you are forgetting that not everyone is dueler of your caliber, this is against those who duels only workers on high drop and high labor demand jobs (with non duel equipment) and if possible 20 levels below them or in sleepy set.

DeletedUser

Elymr has a point, yet I dislike the idea of changing the duel system completely, this would kill the game for most duellers, as everyone has already mentioned.
And as the others have mentioned, if someone tries to mug you, they're not going to ask your permission first.

DeletedUser

People, a bazillion posts about changing the way duels are happening, suggestions, ideas etc... Have we seen any changes that the community wanted (aside from on the spot dueling instead of town camping)? No.

Get the message: Give up the topic. No one's listening.

DeletedUser

So the basics of your suggestion is that you don't want dueling in the game, what utter nonsense...........

DeletedUser34754

So the basics of your suggestion is that you don't want dueling in the game, what utter nonsense...........

I don't like to be dueled, that is true, but nonsense is that somebody can fire a cruising missile to me from 5 sectors distance. As you can see, I did not hide my lever nor HP, duelers can't hurt me much and I can trow a punch. Just annoying me when duels me someone in other country. Will you like to chase me around as in previous versions you have to? By common sense both duelers have to be at the same place. My Speed is 22 mph (544%), by jumping from town to town in less than 7 minutes, I'll take you to the tour across the server without being dueled at all. If I can accept that you can duel me from distance, at least be honest and give some warning to those whom you duel.