Roadmap 2012 Feedback

DeletedUser

Oh yeah, easy. So my w6 inventory with 7495 items with a buy price of $5.9 million will be reduced to the 756 distinct items (and maybe a couple from the world that's merged with it)? Easy and completely fair! Who could possibly find a reason to complain?

How would you lose items???? Did you understand that MERGING worlds implies MERGING inventories? So how did you read my post and just used ONE world and say that you would lose things from it? If you only have 1 account on the worlds that merge... you will have that on the new world. If you have accounts on both worlds you won´t get a double inventory.

If you merge 2 inventories where you have 20 gold dust and have 4 gold dust on the other world... you won´t get 24 gold dusts but stay with the 20.
Or if you have 2 boone axes on one world and 1 boone axe on the other, you will have 2 boone axes on the new world.

Instead of just merging the inventories and giving a BIG advantage to the people that had accounts on both worlds and would get a good bonus on selling the extra items that would be available to sale as they are duplicate and without use for them on the new world.

DeletedUser

How would you lose items???? Did you understand that MERGING worlds implies MERGING inventories? So how did you read my post and just used ONE world and say that you would lose things from it? If you only have 1 account on the worlds that merge... you will have that on the new world. If you have accounts on both worlds you won´t get a double inventory.

I read it exactly how you wrote it.

DeletedUser6752

I know what the answer most likely is, but I still have to ask - if they merge 2 worlds in which I have a character in each, and have spent years working on that character and paying for premium in each case - how is it fair to me to just wave goodbye to 2 or 3 years of premium payments for one of those characters? And how is it fair to have built up a significant inventory only to see it "merged" with another inventory? One wonders if Achievements will be merged as well? Or will the selected character be based on other criteria alone? Will my character with all his dueling achievements, or my character with all his construction achievements, be the one to survive?
Whatever the decision, it will result in the elimination of a significant amount of time, effort and personal real-world expense for many, many users. I can't see it making any players happy.

Response from Elmyr in 3 ..... 2 ..... 1 .....

DeletedUser

We cant answer these questions yet as there has been no definite details given out. (that I've heard at least). So anything now would just be speculation.

DeletedUser2708

@TJHoenecke, it is in the Roadmap for this year (planned by the devs), issue we're discussing in this thread. It has long passed a rumor now.

We cant answer these questions yet as there has been no definite details given out. (that I've heard at least). So anything now would just be speculation.

Yes, I realize that it is mentioned in the road map; why else would I even be replying in this thread if I hadn't already read it? My point is that it is not correct to say that it IS going to happen -- as the devs stated in that post, it's apparently something they WANT to do, but they are a long way from announcing that it WILL in fact happen. Lots of caveats in that post....

DeletedUser

How would you lose items???? Did you understand that MERGING worlds implies MERGING inventories?

If you merge 2 inventories where you have 20 gold dust and have 4 gold dust on the other world... you won´t get 24 gold dusts but stay with the 20.
Or if you have 2 boone axes on one world and 1 boone axe on the other, you will have 2 boone axes on the new world.

....it's not just about inventories and items, i have one pure dueler and one adventurer, those are different characters with different style of playing the game, how are they going to merge skill points, it's stupid to merge characters.....but i suppose it will not be just one world left, it would be much better to have couple of worlds (let's say 4), much less then now (now we have 15), and it would be great if they let us move our characters on different worlds.....

DeletedUser

Meh, as merging of worlds was included in the 2012 roadmap, it seems a good enough topic to discuss.

The answer is, I don't believe they know yet how they're going to handle players with a character in more than one world during the merging. Possible solutions are:

• Nugget gifting to compensate for a lost character(s)*
  • Transfer of all items from all characters to one character
  • Moving characters to different merged worlds with characters over and above the remaining worlds being lost. I.e., if you have 8 characters and they merge down to 4 worlds, you'll lose 4 characters.
  • Ingame cash/item/bonds gifting to compensate for a lost character(s)*
  • New, untouched worlds created where you can have your character transferred.
  • No action whatsoever, say bye to your other characters (unlikely).

All these are mere guesses.

* likely limited to "when" these characters were created, or their level and/or ingame wealth, or any nuggets expended on them.

DeletedUser

They should just allow multiple characters on the new merged worlds - giving them the same rules of interaction currently in place for players sharing an IP address.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25606

They should just allow multiple characters on the new merged worlds - giving them the same rules of interaction currently in place for players sharing an IP address.

Which is fine for when its a small percentage ,however just at a guess , i'd be likely i'd be too large a number , its just too much workload for moderation , as much as some rules i find petty , cheating ingame is one area that im all for the rules .

I think hellstromm's propsels are really sound , and i'd say too (just cuz im a $%^) that nugget compensation considering the kick inno gets everytime they opened one of these worlds in light of prem rank racing etc is fair , also bonds etc .

I think the alternatives are too many worlds with very few players , ive played on older worlds , all you do is go through the motions and eventually vaction mode .I think i'd be a lot of fun gamewise if a world starts with a bunch of high lvl/well equiped players on a blank landscape .

In relation to skills (and this is a very valid point people are making in relation of the point of playing multi worlds so they can experiment with completely differnt builds and objectives in game) my take on it would be ,you start the world with all your a.p's & s.ps of your highest level player ,but none asigned ,so players could instantly to skill to whatever role intrests them the most .( how is that not fun on a blank world?)

The inventories should just be combined outright in fairness (however i am aware of the large inventories problem and this may simply not be possible)

I would merge like this : world 1 remains untouched ,further , features such as reskill reset items not available otherwise it remains classic in name alone.
2-3 =w2
4-5 =w3
6-7=w4
8-9=w5
10-briscoe=w6
11 umerged =w7
12 unmerged =w8
arizona unmerged=w9
colardo unmerged w=10

or merge 2-4 , 5-7 , 8-10 , 11 & 12 , briscoe-arizona , colardo umerged. (although i think merging three worlds is a messier prospect ,but thats just opinion)

I like this roadmap , i think people should focus on gameplay aspects a bit more though ,
hp/energy for nuggests it think is determental to gameplay
town rejoin time reset for nuggets (is this why quest ko was removed? )
,meaning you could jump in and out of town at fort fights or to be a cheap dueler.

To be honest in the scheme of things there not massive detractions to most , and also a steady source of nugget income to inno and that can only lead to more development so it's very much a each way thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8627

I'm not going to comment much until I have further news on merging of worlds. Speculation just does not give me that much of a thrill compared to a proper announcement :)

But to mention something from Scampalot's post, regarding which worlds to merge with which. I would rather take a deader world and mix it with a more alive one, if I can put it like that. For instance:

w2 + w15
w3 + w14
w4 + w13
w5 + w12 etc...

Well that would be the general idea. Merging worlds 6 + 7 does not give me the impression that it's going to liven the world up any more than what they already are.

World 1 will never be touched, it should remain as it as that is of course our 'original' world.

DeletedUser

But to mention something from Scampalot's post, regarding which worlds to merge with which. I would rather take a deader world and mix it with a more alive one, if I can put it like that. For instance:

w2 + w15
w3 + w14
w4 + w13
w5 + w12 etc...

or maybe give players an option choose, for example if i'm gonna move my w4 character to any world between w13-w15?

DeletedUser14006

I only play 3 worlds so would not want any of those to merge.

DeletedUser

If they decide to merge worlds ALL the inventory should be merged - as for skill points perhaps the character in the merged world should have all the skill points etc unassigned.

DeletedUser

If they decide to merge worlds ALL the inventory should be merged - as for skill points perhaps the character in the merged world should have all the skill points etc unassigned.

The only time fully merging inventories will be a problem is if it's an old high level merging with a newer low level. It would be excessive for a level 10 to have millions in inventory. As for the other part, I'd have to think about it.

DeletedUser16008

Guys I dont think its a matter of want this or want that.

The older worlds are nearly all dead, a lot of the players that are left are on multiple worlds, using different toons crafting on one dueling on another etc etc.

However they are all turning into ghost worlds. For the good of activity something has to be done.

How about this as an option .... one set of merged worlds have the dueling capabilty just turned off altogether. Call it Indian reservations whatever where worker questers and crafters can work away in peace.. that will allow one type of world.

The rest full dueling capabilities, you cannot merge newer worlds with old as the systems are different.

Finally no taking stuff collected on one toon and having it added to the chosen one it would create silly imbalances for multi players to have massive invents and cash etc

You would have one world for your invent questers to enjoy etc and the rest you take one toon with what you got and thats it.

You cant have everything in this world and to expect it is just silly, Inno could maybe give bonds etc as a compensation to the lost toons and gift that to whatever ones are chosen in a merger.

Yes I play a lot of worlds & it would affect me heavily like many others but its a price worth paying for activity again.

DeletedUser14793

i dont think there will ever be the same type of activity, the west has turned this into a credit card game now (especially with this latest update). The clock is ticking before they pull the plug all together.

DeletedUser16008

i dont think there will ever be the same type of activity, the west has turned this into a credit card game now (especially with this latest update). The clock is ticking before they pull the plug all together.

No kidding dgorsk, ill give it to years end and by then itll be virtually all over, I hear colorado is fading fast already and Brisco is quieter than w1 lol

DeletedUser5677

You can find their last roadmap at the bottom of the cliff they drove off.:donkey:

DeletedUser

I think the best way to do this would to break down some worlds, and give players the option of what worlds to join. They could make 1 new world that people could join in if they want to start towns and fort fresh.

Ex. Get rid of worlds 1-8, give players the option to join 9-15 or the newly created world for everyone to mass into. For the new world you would have forts frozen for the first week or two so towns and alliances can build.

DeletedUser

actually, it makes MORE sense to leave the older worlds intact and take the newer worlds...into?... them.

IE, just close down registering for new worlds from here on in, only let new players into older worlds, and then when doing merging/combining/whatever, take 9-15 and meld them into 1-8.