New World?

DeletedUser13388

A question about that merging.

If you merge w11, w12 and w13 for example, what should i do when i have two toons.Metallurg on w11 and DraGonFlyBG on w12 and w13 ?

DeletedUser

A question about that merging.

If you merge w11, w12 and w13 for example, what should i do when i have two toons.Metallurg on w11 and DraGonFlyBG on w12 and w13 ?

That does seem like one of the biggest technical problems with merging that needs to be addressed. If you were Dragonfly on all three worlds, an automated option to move to a different world could be coded, but with multiple accounts, it would have to be handled manually unless there were a way to link accounts. The simplest option might be to always allow a choice of worlds, with the new merged world being the default, even if it isn't necessary.

DeletedUser

Geez Scamp, you like trolling don't you? Care to insult me again?

As Futu indicated, the lack of advertising had a direct effect on player numbers, as did the level cap and enforcement of rules resulting in multis being banned (i.e., falsely inflated numbers). Additional factors include: an increase in phone app games, continuing international economic strains, an aging game, competition (with active advertising), etc and so on.

As it is, the West game is above the international average for browser games, as far as player retention is concerned. But player retention is not enough, it needs a regular influx of new/returning players, and the lack of game advertising for over a year has taken its toll. It can recover, if Inno opts to install an advertising budget for this game.

DeletedUser14006

if Inno opts to install an advertising budget for this game.

That word 'if' bothers me greatly, for players such as myself who have invested quite a bit of cash over the last few years and who have thoroughly enjoyed the experience so far think it should be top priority to get new folk joining to keep the game alive, it has plenty more to offer and to not set aside a budget for advertising is absurd.

World of Warcraft has Chuck Norris, can we not at least get Kevin James!

425.paulblartmallcop.hames.kevin.lc.011409.jpg

DeletedUser

Yep, the "if" bothers me too. Diggo made significant headway with this after I stepped out and I hope to further those efforts once I'm back in. It's an office culture that needs to be 'adjusted' through respectful, but otherwise diligent prodding.

DeletedUser

The game has plenty scope for improvement and unless those improvements happen people will leave, including new people testing the waters so to speak. Some of the dev choices of 2011 were poor, not all but some. Im looking forward to the "multi player feature" that Zet mentioned in his last post on the dev blog. Any ideas if that will be in the 1.35 release?

DeletedUser

I'm 99% sure the multi player feature won't be in 1.35, which seems to mostly contain UI improvements.

DeletedUser

UI improvements are all nice, but they wont help bring people to the game. Maybe we are dealing with issues surrounding the capabilities and experience of the people now charged with The West development.

At Inno " Here you go young Helmut, this is The West, its one of our legacy games which we are phasing out once we milk the database, you can hone your UI skills here and once you're up to speed, we'll bring you over to Grepolis...."

DeletedUser

Why wouldnt they just create continents and introduce ship travel. Each continent is one of the existing worlds. Relax the multi player rule to allow players with characters on multiple worlds to play them all on one big world. They could write code to restrict joint participation in fort battles and trading or whatever else they need to do. Each time they wanted to expand they could open a new continent.

I have no idea why I am writing this because it will never happen....

DeletedUser5677

They dragged the old worlds through a pile of cow manure infested with worms. Yah make some new ones to lure new people to a barren wasteland filled with mistakes, poor planning and a road map that would kill any tourist. :laugh:

DeletedUser

I have an idea for the merging worlds. The equipment sets made me think what if the players character had different skill sets. Say a player has a pure hider on one world that merges with a world where they have a pure trader. Instead of having two characters on one world they can just switch between being a trader or hider, without the two skill sets interacting. So they couldn't take skill points or attribute points from one and add them to the other to make a super character ^_^. Their inventory would all come together though and that would help with people trying to obtain collectors items. I'd like to know what other players think of this. I like the idea personally.

Edit: Each set would have to level separately for it to work. So the character would have two different levels. That part would be a little strange but doesn't seem impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So you can be a fort fighter one minute and change to being a dueler the next? Plus, it would be easier just to have multiple accounts based on the current game mechanics.

DeletedUser

Yeah but how can you log in to two different characters on the same world if they have the same name? All my characters are on the same account. Maybe they could put a 24 hour countdown on changing sets? Like how the merchant in the inventory works.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And then there'd be a nugget option to refresh to. :p
Anyways, I think what you're suggesting is way too complex for too little gain.

DeletedUser

Yeah there's always a nugget option. Well I hope they come up with something good if they do merge worlds. I play on a lot of worlds and don't want to lose any of them but they're not active enough anymore.