The Western Bulletin

Red Falcon

I'm not so certain about this idea...Sure! A newspaper would be great and all, but I think it should have more things in it besides what players got or did. For example...It could include information about recent updates or about misc things not related to players such as the weather, the current season, and so on.

DeletedUser

No he didn't say that it could not contain anything from players, he is saying that if the whole newspaper was jammed with players being first, getting this and that, it would be pretty boring. Recommending updates to be posted on newspapers is a great idea. I would also like mystery quests to be in the newspaper in the form of a riddle or so and when you solve the riddle, you should be able to find a quest giver at a location an he would give you a quest.

DeletedUser30224

I would include:
1) Links to this forum with new brain-farts ideas
2) links to this forum with open-for-voting ideas in development section.

DeletedUser

Daily was too much.
On many worlds you get 3-5 fort battles per week!!!

So monthly would be a funny way to read.
I think that last year the idea was getting a library to buy those things and the recipes.

So we could get to buy the newspaper of that month and it would be available all the month .But $2 is too low... so get it to $1000.

On the other side to get things published we could get something like the recipes on the mobile trader. Paying $5000 to get a classified of something you want to sell or publishing that you want somebody head for what he/she did to you, paying $20000 to write a 180 words story on the newspaper or getting your picture and information on a page of it.
And the information page would get you information about the game, things that will come, quests that aren´t know and even some special information about the develop and support teams.
We now have something of that here, but it would be fun to read it in game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No it should be updated automatically. There could be a section where players could write in

DeletedUser22493

The more I think about it, the better this thing could be. The server saves loads of statistics, and much of it isn't even used anywhere.

For instance, Pajs (on w11) does a fort battle review on the top 20 players in the entire alliance twice a month from different information collected by WestForts. Like top 20 dodgers, top 20 who did the most damage, top 20 advents who ghosted the most, top 20 who took the most damage, top 20 who attended the most battles, top 20 towns who attended the most battles and so on.

The same could be done with duelers, itemfinders, builders and even questers. Who obtained the most exp, who collected the most bounties, who traveled the furthest and so on.
It's no more work to add a top 50 then a top 3. The statistics are already there.
Im not sure about the player added part. That would have to be manually controlled by ingame support. More work for them.

So in a way it will be like automated newspaper, or a monthly review of the servers finest.