Choose your duel prize

DeletedUser

dGgzL.png

In what consists this suggestion. Well, as shown in the picture at the end of each duel, rather than directly provide XP and money, we have a choice (at your own risk) between XP and money or a random product.The random product will have a value depending on XP that you "get". The higher the level of XP that will take it, the more valuable the random product will be.
In the random product, you can find any type of clothes/guns, but as I said, the value of them will depend on how much XP and money we'll be taking from that player OR will depend on players dueling level and his actual level.

ADVANTAGES:
- For collectors this would be another way to find items.
- For those who want XP, you will receive XP.

DISADVANTAGES:

- Difficult to implement ... maybe.
- maybe there are more but I can't think of them right now.

I am not very sure that this idea is 100 % good, but I'm sure that it's a good way for those who have level 120 and this will motivate them to duel. I don't know ... maybe with your help we'll develop this idea to something that it's worth implementing in the game.
PS : pictures are informative.
PS 2 : The image is from romanian server, but I think that you get the idea of this ... idea.
PS 3 : I am Player X :>
PS 4 : Sorry for my bad english, I am from Romania, but I tried to make this as clear as possible. Now .. I need your help to improve this, cause I know that it's not perfect (maybe it's not even 10 percent good). And if it's a very very bad idea, sorry for posting it :unsure:

DeletedUser9470

if you are not a dueler, how do you protect your most valuable items (like shiny clothes or weapons)?

DeletedUser

if you are not a dueler, how do you protect your most valuable items (like shiny clothes or weapons)?
well, you will not take a players clothes or weapons. You will only "trade" the XP and $ taken from him with a random product (that if you pick the "Random product" option) which can contain clothes or weapons (depending on that XP or depending on his dueling level). So practically the "losing" player does not lose anything, but you as a winner you have the option to take the XP and the money (which after level 120 doesn't matter anymore) or to get a Random product (all types of clothes and guns) depending on his dueling level and his actual level.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

XP is earned because practice makes perfect. Cash is taken from the victim. How do you justify a random product?

DeletedUser

XP is earned because practice makes perfect. Cash is taken from the victim. How do you justify a random product?
Random product : An algorithm which gives you (or CAN give you) an item equal with the value of the : XP + $ taken from that player.

For example in real life : You give me 200 $ and repair my TV.
In exchange I can give you :
200 $ that I've borrowed and some more $ for repairing my TV (XP + $ in game) or I can give you an item ... an object which have a value equal with what I have to give you (probably something that costs @ 400 $).
So if you pick the Random product option , your XP turns into money - 100 XP = n $ (don't know right now how much so that could not ruin the game).
So if you duel a player and you win 800 XP + 500 $, in your random product you will have an item = n $ (800XP) + 500$.
Let's say 100 XP = 1000 $ (it's too much though). So you will have in your random product an item with a value of 8500 $. But because it's random, it will be just like in wooden boxex or steel boxex or NOT. That Item COULD have the value of 8500 $ but it can be smaller than that.
It's all about choice and luck.

delldell56

using your own example, this sounds more like your tv was broken, you call a craiglist guy to repair your tv at home because you don't want to take it to the shop, you pay the guy $200 after he fixes it. once he leaves, you find out that your tv isn't really fixed, as now has a different issue, AND your blurray is missing.

i don't see any difference between this idea and that suggested a while ago about "if you die in a duel, you lose part of your inventory". actually, this one could be even worse, since you don't even need to be ko'd, just lose the duel. as neo said, non duelers wouldn't stand a chance.

DeletedUser

why does everything being brought out as a new idea have to revolver around duelers come on this is becoming too much am not trying to make you feel bad but be fair to other players when suggesting ideas i have read too much ideas regarding dueling and it is becoming too much

DeletedUser

Ok, am I the only one that reads the original idea this like:

"When you win a duel you can chose to either get the current prize (xp and money) or some other thing (not taken from the losing party - but generated by the game to somehow be related to the xp and money in the 'classic' prize)."

I don't really like the idea anyway, but at least try to address the issues with the idea instead of making up random problems that are not in the idea.

My three main issues with this idea are:
1. Seems very hard to balance this - I'd prefer if the devs did something else.
1. Do we really need more stuff in the game?
2. What happens if you don't see the duel result live?

[Edit] Actually only way I would support this is if:
1) you can have a setting (for offline results)
2) the reward is based on where you win the duel (so on jobs you get some random amount of the jobs product, on forts I have no idea and in towns a random product from the towns shop with appropriate value)

/Edlit

DeletedUser

using your own example, this sounds more like your tv was broken, you call a craiglist guy to repair your tv at home because you don't want to take it to the shop, you pay the guy $200 after he fixes it. once he leaves, you find out that your tv isn't really fixed, as now has a different issue, AND your blurray is missing.

i don't see any difference between this idea and that suggested a while ago about "if you die in a duel, you lose part of your inventory". actually, this one could be even worse, since you don't even need to be ko'd, just lose the duel. as neo said, non duelers wouldn't stand a chance.

Let's say that the repairman is a neighbour and I can propose him that. But I admire your sense of humour ... I mean .. that's the reason you have Registered on the forum.
Anyway. If you payed a little attention to what I've said, you (or the losing player) will not lose anything from your/their inventory.
It's the-west .. so non duelers will lose the duels anyway. I don't know what are you all afraid of ... I mean you as a losing players will not actually lose anything ... you will lose the same as now : money and life. Because even if your choice is Random product, those money will still be lost.

DeletedUser

Anyway, adding a random product drop to dueling is one thing, making it unnecessary for zero motivation duelers to go to any effort to keep their motivation down is another. Hell, they'll be zero mot duelers with 100% motivation.

DeletedUser

Ok, am I the only one that reads the original idea this like:

"When you win a duel you can chose to either get the current prize (xp and money) or some other thing (not taken from the losing party - but generated by the game to somehow be related to the xp and money in the 'classic' prize)."

I don't really like the idea anyway, but at least try to address the issues with the idea instead of making up random problems that are not in the idea.

My three main issues with this idea are:
1. Do we really need more stuff in the game?
2. What happens if you don't see the duel result live?

/Edlit

I don't think that it's that hard to ballance this. I mean ... depends on what ballance means. You think that prizez in boxes are ballanced ? You think that the gifts given from those "Christmas presents" are balanced ? You think that if you win a corn in a 5000 $ box is a balanced thing?.

1. (which actually is 2.) Do we really need more stuff in the game?
Maybe not ... but it's a way to keep those with level 120 busy (I think)

2. (which actually is 3.) What happens if you don't see the duel result live?
Well that's why I said that will be hard to implement or impossible maybe.
But like you see in the image, instead the live results, a button or a link will appear. Pressing that link, will make another window to appear (pretty much like when opening a box) - there will be the choosing options.

Noobmic

I must say no to this. Duelers have enough advantages over adventurer and at least for products duelers will need adventurer players.

DeletedUser

why does everything being brought out as a new idea have to revolver around duelers come on this is becoming too much am not trying to make you feel bad but be fair to other players when suggesting ideas i have read too much ideas regarding dueling and it is becoming too much
Because at level 120 the function DUEL it's not worthing anymore.
It's ok, I'm not feeling bad, it's just your opinion and I respect it.

I must say no to this. Duelers have enough advantages over adventurer and at least for products duelers will need adventurer players.
ok, this seems fair to me.
I must say that I'm not a dueller in any of the worlds I play. But I think that at some point, we all tried or want to duel somebody. And I'm sure enough that these duels are an important part of the-west.
I say that every class has their own advantages and disadvantages.
This idea will not make those advantages multiply, because it's not an advantage that the dueller class has, it's an advantage that all players have. I mean, don't tell me that an adventurer can't beat a dueller ... I'm an adventurer and I did. A lot of them.
Anyway, as I said the Random Product option will only include clothes and guns, not work products as grain, corn or whatever.
But you are all probably right. You all have your own point of view, I will not say that you are not right, cause you are all right in one way or another.

Again, sorry for my bad english. Is not my first language. But I think that you at least understand what I'm saying.

PS : But I know that your "thoughts" will not be changed even if I this idea will be 100 percent ballanced, cause you have only one think : "This is an advantage for duellers so we will not be agree with that".

DeletedUser

And my argument that you would make things ridiculously easy for zero mot duelers?

DeletedUser

And my argument that you would make things ridiculously easy for zero mot duelers?
Well I don't really understand (cause my english is bad not because you didn't put the question clearly enough) what you want to say.
But from what I understood .. well, if you have the dueling motivation 0, (from what I know) ... the XP will not be so high. So the value of Random Product will be low ... now it depends on how much money you'll take from that player. I mean ... this doesn't change anything ... it's just "trade" for "trade" ... you trade your gained XP and $ with an item ... nobody will ever force you not to pick the XP and the money .. it's your account, your profile, you will choose the Random product only if you want to.
It's just like crafting ... you "craft" your XP and money for an item.

PS : Or you are refering that the duellers will have the advantage of this because "The motivation for duelling raises faster. It is increased 40% faster." ?
If that so ... this advantage is already in the game since the-west appeared .. and you are already agree to that, so why are you still bothered by this ?
It's an advantage for everyone (this Random product thing) and like I said, it doesn't gives duellers any advantage or disadvantage. If the duellers has advantages .. well .. there were already in the game.

DeletedUser

Anyway, adding a random product drop to dueling is one thing, making it unnecessary for zero motivation duelers to go to any effort to keep their motivation down is another. Hell, they'll be zero mot duelers with 100% motivation.

completely agreed, plus some duelers duel for xp only, if anything they need more achievements for duelers and maybe a few jobs that have dodge and aim in them

DeletedUser

completely agreed, plus some duelers duel for xp only, if anything they need more achievements for duelers and maybe a few jobs that have dodge and aim in them
so .. you are a soldier in the-west .. now tell me .. did you duel somebody lately ? I suppose so because who playes the-west must go through this.
Tell me now .. do you think that this idea is for duelers only .. I mean .. if you are a dueller in the-west .. that means you can beat any class except duellers ? I say that's wrong ...
I mean YES, you will be fainted if you have all your points on other things than dodging, aiming etc. but this will happend anyway. So your money would be lost anyway.
I didn't propose a job, I didn't propose more achievements for duelers, I propose something for everybody. In fact .. the dueling sistem IS for EVERYBODY. So if you beat someone, you can choose what you want.
You know what .. doesn't matter, a moderator can close this topic and delete it. Thanks for your opinions. Have fun.

DeletedUser

i duel every day. this idea will mess up the dueling ranks and as Elmyr said it is a 0 motivation duelers dream.

a random drop for winning would be cool but not a choice

DeletedUser

i duel every day. this idea will mess up the dueling ranks and as Elmyr said it is a 0 motivation duelers dream.

a random drop for winning would be cool but not a choice
Thank you all for your feedbacks. Still I don't understand this part "it is a 0 motivation duelers dream" . When you speak about motivation ... you talk about dueling motivation (in game) or motivation as a state of spirit (or whatever) ?
Cause if you refer to the motivation as a state of spirit, my answer to that is : So what ? ... So what an unmotivated player gets motivated by this idea .. I mean .. this is the point of this idea first of all.
And if you duel every day, what motivates you to duel ? I guess the XP, cause you are not sure with the money. In that case, I guess that you have no problem with choosing. I'm not throwing you up (forcing you - guess I invented an expression too ... or is throw up = puke ? .. anyway) at the end of the duel to choose that random product instead of XP and money, there's a choosing system involved. Pretty much like the one from SAW movies (just that here nobody gets killed - except the losing player ... virtually)
Will mess up dueling ranks ... well let's see : you will still have Duels wons/lost, no changes there, but I guess you are talking about EXPERIENCE right here, so yeah you are right, but I don't think that it's no way to deal with that somehow.
Anyhow .. enough with this topic, just wanted to share this idea to see if we can manage to reach to a consensus, but I think that I couldn't develop this idea good enough to satisfy all of you (but I couldn't anyway with such a big change) and by this I put my english to a test a little.

DeletedUser363

Thank you all for your feedbacks. Still I don't understand this part "it is a 0 motivation duelers dream" . When you speak about motivation ... you talk about dueling motivation (in game) or motivation as a state of spirit (or whatever) ?
We are talking about dueling motivation. In your idea there is an option to decline XP earning. If you chose option #2 (earning a prize/item) you won't earn any duel xp AND you will get a random item. If this idea passed it would give people another reason to become a 0 motivation duelers.