Remove the fort protection

DeletedUser

Does it really serve a purpose to block fort fights? Allowing them to still continue would mean more activity, it would mean small alliances or towns get to own one for a bit, or some alliances would have to try to retake them. Who cares if anyone cries about losing a fort for a few days, they will enjoy more the satisfaciton of retaking it!

DeletedUser

Excuse me, but I'm unsure what "block" and "protection" are you talking about.

DeletedUser

IIRC we had a discussion about it last year and many of us also said it's not needed, but it wasn't changed.
So instead of trying to reach InnoGames' management all over again, I suggest getting yourself some nice real singleplayer game for a few euros (christmas discounts everywhere!) and enjoy it. ;)

DeletedUser

I like it. Many a year have I been out of town on vacation and not able to do anything since I've had no internet. Also you're forgetting the fact that small alliances who are mostly all on vacation can lose forts to big alliances that have enough people at home to fight.

DeletedUser

Yeah but the idea isnt to monopolise a fort, it is to create activity. I will be doing Christmas things and doing New Years, but is it so important to own a fort that people cant have fun over the period, keep in mind this is a game, and it is not subject to the rules to suit some.......

DeletedUser

The fort protection over christmas is there to protect your christmas with the family. I'm sure someone would leave dinner with the family a bit earlier to participate in a battle, and that is what they are trying to hinder.

DeletedUser

The fort protection over christmas is there to protect your christmas with the family. I'm sure someone would leave dinner with the family a bit earlier to participate in a battle, and that is what they are trying to hinder.

Ssys has it right. It's not about protecting your ingame assets, it's about ensuring you give time to the holiday and your family. Think about it... how much business could be lost by parents getting pissed at their kids(or spouse pissed at spouse) for walking away from a family holiday event to play The West?

Chill and enjoy the holidays.

DeletedUser

If people put this in front of their family and friends, then it speaks volumes about that person. The only issue which remains is people complaining that they can't defend their own fort during this time. Why is the game pandering to these people?

DeletedUser

If people put this in front of their family and friends, then it speaks volumes about that person. The only issue which remains is people complaining that they can't defend their own fort during this time. Why is the game pandering to these people?
Wow, disconnect.

They can't defend their own fort during this time BECAUSE they're putting their family and friends in front of this game during the holidays. Hello?!? Do you really want to exploit that, penalize the very same people you infer are "right" for putting family and friends before the game during these holidays?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9470

Wow, disconnect.

They can't defend their own fort during this time BECAUSE they're putting their family and friends in front of this game during the holidays. Hello?!? Do you really want to exploit that, penalize the very same people you infer are "right" for putting family and friends before the game during these holidays?

so you(and inno) assume that most people who play this game are completely sane close knit christian families?

mmm, interesting thought.

this idea is perfectly logical, and i think it is you HS who needs to wake up. why we have to sit around for a few half active religious players i dont know...

DeletedUser

so you(and inno) assume that most people who play this game are completely sane close knit christian families?
Lol, I'm not Christian and I participate in this holiday event, as do many others of non-denomination or even other religions. Judaism has Hanukkah from Dec 20th to the 28th and some communities have included gift-giving. Buddhists have Bodhi Day and in Taiwan they celebrate their Constitution in much the same way as Christmas is celebrated. Then there's China's Dongzhi festival, the Winter Solstice, Yule, Hindi's Pancha Ganapati, etc and so on.

The festivities have, for the most part, become an international, denominational AND non-denominational event, often accompanied by mass-marketing, gift giving, and family reunions. ;)

DeletedUser

Still what about Easter, or Lent, what about exam weeks for students, the list goes on and on. Yes I celebrate Christmas and yes I would miss a fort battle if it interfered with any plans for that day, but so I would with any important event! All this protection does is protect people from the chance they may lose a fort..

DeletedUser

You like arguing for the sake of argument, aye ajdunno?

If you want, they could add additional fort protections...

DeletedUser9470

You like arguing for the sake of argument, aye ajdunno?

If you want, they could add additional fort protections...

well according to you they should!

Wow, disconnect.

so basically, according to you we cant play fort fights all year round taking into account all religious holidays in the world?
Judaism has Hanukkah from Dec 20th to the 28th and some communities have included gift-giving. Buddhists have Bodhi Day and in Taiwan they celebrate their Constitution in much the same way as Christmas is celebrated. Then there's China's Dongzhi festival, the Winter Solstice, Yule, Hindi's Pancha Ganapati, etc and so on.

The festivities have, for the most part, become an international, denominational AND non-denominational event, often accompanied by mass-marketing, gift giving, and family reunions. Not my fault you're ignorant. ;)

or is it just for christmas(you know, the annual commemoration of the baby jesus, and the old bloke dressed by coca cola ;))?

man, u talk crap all the time, cba to answer any more.

DeletedUser

Anyone with a modicum of knowledge knows "baby Jesus" wasn't born in the winter. Anyhow, such a discussion is off topic. Suffice it to say, family reunions and get-togethers are universally timed around this period. A break for staff, a break for players, a break from playing to focus on more important things, like family.

'nuff said

DeletedUser15641

?? hmm i don't think we should make this topic to get into religious things so would you guys cool down a bit and i don't like anything of this topic....your appliance is refused sorry.Access denied.

DeletedUser

You can still duel players over the Xmas holidays and some players complain about that.you can never win either way.

DeletedUser563

No to this idea. I also think the OP had enough time to bring it into format.