The Western Bulletin

DeletedUser31859

Proposal:
Introduce a Bulletin. Daily.

Current Workaround:
None or may be on some other sites.

Details:
Go to the wandering trader and buy the daily bulletin for $2 or so daily. It can include something like this.

There is something special in Extraordinary Stories. In it, if you have got something special or rare or worth seeing, you can use up your money like about $100 or so and publish the report so that others can see it in the bulletin.

"THE WESTERN BULLETIN

[PAGE 1:] Fort Fighting News (About the forts won or lost in recent battles)
[PAGE 2:]Town News (New towns made or towns made ghost towns)
[PAGE 3:]Alliance News (New Alliances made or disbanded)
[PAGE 4:]Extraordinary Stories (See above description)
[PAGE 5:]DUELERS OF THE MONTH (Top 3 good duelers of the month)
[PAGE 6:]FORT BATTLES OF THE MONTH (Top 3 great battles of the month)
[PAGE 7:]FORT FIGHTERS OF THE MONTH (Top 3 best fighters of the month)
[PAGE 8:]FORT FIGHTING TOWNS OF THE MONTH (Top 3 best fort fighting towns of the month)
[PAGE 9:]CLASSIFIELDS (For recruiting. Costs high)
[PAGE 10:]Please give suggestions :)
"

PLEASE SEE MY POSTS FOR MORE IMPROVEMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS IN THIS IDEA. PLEASE ASK IF ANY QUESTIONS. AND READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY AND PLEASE TAKE DECISION ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE UNDERSTOOD THE WHOLE THING ;P

Administration:

Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Top 3... Best... A few categories... But by what criteria?

Basically it's not a bad idea, but it lacks details, so I'm not sure what to say.

DeletedUser

Ah wait? I don't see a need..
We can easily find out about those news without wasting 100 dollars

DeletedUser31859

@Glorry
Only the poorest person cannot afford 100$ And if you have read correctly, 100$ is the cost only if you want to publish your own reports. Its not compulsory. The price of the bulletin is only 2$ And you said this "We can easily find out about those news without wasting 100 dollars" I bet you wont be able to find it if some person on the corner of the world who has no relation with you has got something special. It will be possible only if its posted on the bulletin.

@Joxer
Well, top 3 its for the council to decide what to do. I cannot suggest that :)
Anyways, if you go to the westforts website, you can see the ranks of the towns and players etc. according to some points system. So even this ranking can be done with points system itself...in players, the best and highest damages done with dodged shots, in duels, the players that have won the highest experience in one month, Great battles of the month.....i cannot think of a way but i suggested this because in world colorado, it was written on some blog by Diggo11 or some other administrator that they have the battle of the month! It was a battle which was interesting. So the great battles of the month should be decided that way.

Any other queries or details needed?

DeletedUser

I'd rather [simplify] access to it a bit and just add a News (or Western Star) tab in the main window. I don't like Extraordinary Stories. With the low cost it would be completely useless and full of spam. One possible use for it I could see is showing people who received achievements first. I'd also like to see a classifieds section for recruiting (which could be another use for the town treasury), advertising auction listings, and anything else that might be appropriate.

DeletedUser22493

I like the idea. But you need to work on the content of this bulletin a bit.

DeletedUser31859

Please suggest another kind of bulletin with your ideas rebow....or just give some suggestions to add in the bulletin or remove it....

[
I'd rather [simplify] access to it a bit and just add a News (or Western Star) tab in the main window. I don't like Extraordinary Stories. With the low cost it would be completely useless and full of spam. One possible use for it I could see is showing people who received achievements first. I'd also like to see a classifieds section for recruiting (which could be another use for the town treasury), advertising auction listings, and anything else that might be appropriate.
Nice Elmyr....ok agreed it would be a spam if you can publish something of your own...then we can increase its cost..so that people dont do it uselessly. and classifields too is great. but it too should cost high money from treasury as its a form of advertising.

DeletedUser

Hi, something like this is already on the developers' list of things to do. Unfortunately it is low priority and has been pushed back for over a year now (yes, it was something we discussed oh so long ago). Still, if you're able to reignite their interest, by showing community support, it may get pushed to a higher priority.

DeletedUser

Get more people to support you.

Anyways, can I ask why you need use money. I can go to rankings, press the top 1 and view their profile, message them, look at how many duels they won, ask about their town...
You want to see the best fort? Go to fort rankings, press most recent fort battles and look around. Anyway their are only 3 forts in each area. With a total of 40 areas, the total number of forts would be 120. You don't need a newspaper right?

But anyways, why don't we haves he western star job to give as a readable news paper for 30% and we can read what is going on?

DeletedUser31859

How do you know who has done the best duels and all that? and the best battle? also you cannot know the best fort fighting towns.....it will all be included in that.

Just use up some money if you want to publish something that you like others to see. Like, if you got a Wyatt Earp's Colt Buntline in a job, you will be more than eager to tell others about this, your town members, alliance members etc. But through the bulletin, it will be visible to the whole world!

And newspaper is a thing that is a must. SO I think it should be included.

Also, i got a new thing in mind. The west can write about their new offers for nuggets in that :) newspaper can be interesting!

DeletedUser

You mean newspapers are places to brag? Like I get a precise buttline and I brag? Wouldn't the whole newspaper be jammed with," i got this. I got that..."

DeletedUser31859

Yeah, that's why the price is high. About 10,000$ or nuggets So people wont jam the paper with small things. It will be great to have a news paper. The players who are selected as duelers, fort fighters of the month, the towns selected as dueling town of the month or fort fighting town of the month.....they will be filled with pride.

DeletedUser

You know I probably will not spend 10000$$ or 200 nuggets just to publish something on a newspaper. Maybe a newspaper can be automatic. That means if like someone find a Rudolph on a job, the newspaper automatically publish it. If someone becomes the first, it will automatically upload it.

DeletedUser31859

You know I probably will not spend 10000$$ or 200 nuggets just to publish something on a newspaper. Maybe a newspaper can be automatic. That means if like someone find a Rudolph on a job, the newspaper automatically publish it. If someone becomes the first, it will automatically upload it.

Yeah that would be great. It should be automatic. It should go like this:

If a person gets a thing and he is the first one to get that thing in his world, it should automatically be published.

On the other hand, this thread is going on in only 2 persons. I would love if some more people give their own suggestions.

DeletedUser563

My apologies for not voting earlier basically my connection has been down for 6 days. But anyway: Yes on this idea.

DeletedUser31859

If I get more suggestions and ratings, I can improve the idea further.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't mind if this went on posting. If so, I would put yes