Town Wars

DeletedUser

Proposal
A war may be declared by the challenging town. The defenders are not forced to show up, but if they do not show up, the war is forfeited and the attackers receive the reward for winning. The following idea may be more of a dueling tournament or dueling match between two towns.

Current Workaround
Players duel until they become bored doing so.

Details
Option 1 - War
A town initiates a war against another town. No paricipant limits are imposed, but duel level restrictions are maintained. Rewards will need to be commeasurate with the challenge. Not merely in number of participants, but their respective duel levels. Participants include all persons that dueled or were dueled during said war. War lasts a set 48 hours, at which point a winning town is automatically determined and the participants are rewarded.

Option 2 - Challenge
A challenge could be posed, and must be accepted before the contest is initiated, which provides a set reward, chosen from a list as posed by the challenging town. Duel level limits are disengaged, the challenged chooses the amount of participants (i.e., 5 = five from both sides, 10 = ten from both sides, etc. If the number chosen exceeds the number of residents in a town, oh well, which means a larger challenged town could get a numbers advantage in a challenge if they set the limit above that of the challenging town's residency). The set time is 24, 48, or 72 hours, chosen by the challenger. Otherwise, as above.
To start a war, the founders of a town will declare war on the opposing town. The max number of participants for each side is 50. Towns may recruit allies to fight with them, and you may recruit no more than 20 players from the alliance. However, the alliance cannot be formed post war declaration. This will prevent abuse. The two towns will set what the victor will receive.

The rules of the war are simple. Anyone from the defenders or attackers must travel to the defending town. All participants will be given full hp. There is a 10 minute cool down to duel the same player twice. The outcome of a duel is determined by the same game mechanics normal duels use. You may challenge anyone within your dueling level until there are no players in your range available to duel(all ko'ed). Once you have ko'ed everyone in your range, you are free to strike anyone. Once a player is ko'ed they must stay in the hotel until the war is over. The war lasts until all players on one side are ko'ed. At the end of the war, players health will be restored to its state prior to the full health given for the war.

PLAYER REWARDS- Players receive a score for the war. Each KO is worth 20 points. A win without a KO is worth only 1 point. Players will receive a reward based on their score in the war. Players may also receive rewards by winning the following categories. (They are not listed in any particular order)
TOWN REWARD:The winning town may receive town prices at the losing town for 24 hours. They also have access to the buildings inside of forts. And the individual awards mentioned above.
1)Most damage in a single hit, 2)Most total damage done in a duel, 3)Most damage done in the war(add the total damage from all duels a player participates in), 4)Most knock-outs, 5)Least damage taken, 6)Most duel wins, 7)Best overall player score.

Additionally there could be best dueler for a range of levels.

At the end of the war, the players will receive full hp.
Abuse Prevention
None
Visual Aids
None currently, but hopefully, I will have some up soon.

Summary
Innogames and the player community will benefit from this idea, because it will give the players another game action. I believe it would be popular among players, because it would allow towns to determine the winner of wars. And frankly, it will give duelers something else to do.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No, but this is a totally different idea.

EDIT:What difference does it make if one town crushes the other? It really does not hurt the loser. You could make it where all members in a town must participate. Even if that were the case, it would still not kill the loser. All players would have full hp when the war ended. I guess if you are worried about small towns being crushed, they could have alliance towns send duelers down to help.

I need to get this whole thing worked out. I will edit and update this tomorrow, sorry for the bad writing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

All participants will start out at the enemy saloon and duel the players without traveling to the opponent's position on the map.

Honey, forgeddit. There is a premium to shorten the traveltime, there are candy and pots, there is also a bonus dueler class has, then let's not forget a skill of green color "modern" duelists neglect and also different speedboosting equipment.

There is absolutely no way I'll say yes to the idea that tries to return us to the dark ages of the west where you were able to duel someone on the other side of the universe.
So here goes no and, 1 star, as terrible.

DeletedUser31859

I love this idea! It would be interesting. Joxer, you are true that there is premium for shortening the time. But SpeedKillz means that...its only for the war that they are near and after the war, they would be back to normal places and everything becomes like before. It will also be exciting as how will you fight! Whom will you KO!

But one objection :p not 20 points for KO. About 5 would be enough because otherwise, the KOers would take a heavy lead....on the other hand....

YES
to this idea and a good one Speed!

DeletedUser9470

awesome idea
just one thing
if the end of the war is when all from 1 side are ko wat happens when there is a player in that town who cant be dueled due to low or high dueling level?

DeletedUser

awesome idea
just one thing
if the end of the war is when all from 1 side are ko wat happens when there is a player in that town who cant be dueled due to low or high dueling level?
As stated before, the dueling levels will be lifted for this. So if the participants in one town are 10, 20, 30, and 40 and the other town's participants are levels 15, 45, 1, or anything out of the range of the other players, everyone in the first town may duel anyone in the second town. And after the war is over, everyone's hp will be restored to full hp.

DeletedUser31859

5 star rating from my side....Joxer, this didnt deserve a "terrible" rating or 1 star even if your words are kept to mind. but from my side, this is GREAT! :)

DeletedUser

yep mate the duelers can have interesting gang wars... I guess that how it did works in the "WEST"... we can have duelers to have some team play like the fort fighters.. :)

DeletedUser30224

what kind of rewards can be set ?

Are there any xp points there ?

DeletedUser

what kind of rewards can be set ?

Are there any xp points there ?

That is a good question. I was thinking maybe members of the winning side can use the other town's forts for a certain time period. Maybe even the duelers of one side cannot duel that town for a set amount of time, xp maybe, but not dueling xp. I need some suggestions for the rewards. I was mainly thinking that one side would gain something from the other side. Maybe add points from town wars won to the town rankings.

DeletedUser

I was thinking maybe members of the winning side can use the other town's forts for a certain time period.

So you take forts in fort attacks and borrow them in town attacks? Involving forts at all doesn't seem to fit the idea, and even though forts are owned by towns, dueling them to borrow their forts completely ignores the role everyone outside the town played in taking the fort in the first place. Technically forts belong to towns, but they really belong to alliances.

DeletedUser

So you take forts in fort attacks and borrow them in town attacks? Involving forts at all doesn't seem to fit the idea, and even though forts are owned by towns, dueling them to borrow their forts completely ignores the role everyone outside the town played in taking the fort in the first place. Technically forts belong to towns, but they really belong to alliances.

I was just throwing something out there. Please feel free to make some suggestions.

DeletedUser22575

Interesting idea.

How are you going to prevent larger towns with numerous players from declaring on small towns with only a few players and stomping all over them?

Do both towns/alliances have to agree to this war? If not is there going to be a point spread and towns/alliances can only declare on towns and alliances in that range?

As far as removing the dueling level that is problematic. A town with several high level duelers would stomp all over those lower level players in opposing towns due to the ap/sp/hp and equipment advantages. This could actually result not in a dueling war between towns but a flat out massacre.

DeletedUser

As far as removing the dueling level that is problematic. A town with several high level duelers would stomp all over those lower level players in opposing towns due to the ap/sp/hp and equipment advantages. This could actually result not in a dueling war between towns but a flat out massacre.

Yeah, that bothers me too. I didn't say anything because participants get their hp back afterward, but yeah, that could be enormously exploitable if there was any kind of tangible reward.

DeletedUser

Interesting idea.

How are you going to prevent larger towns with numerous players from declaring on small towns with only a few players and stomping all over them?

Do both towns/alliances have to agree to this war? If not is there going to be a point spread and towns/alliances can only declare on towns and alliances in that range?

If a town of 50 members decides to attack a town of 13 members, the defending town will be able to choose the number of players who can fight. So they can decide that they want to fight with 5, and the attacking town has to attack with 5.

DeletedUser

If a town of 50 members decides to attack a town of 13 members, the defending town will be able to choose the number of players who can fight. So they can decide that they want to fight with 5, and the attacking town has to attack with 5.

How does that help if the defenders have no high levels and the attackers have no low levels?

DeletedUser9470

Interesting idea.

Yeah, that bothers me too. I didn't say anything because participants get their hp back afterward, but yeah, that could be enormously exploitable if there was any kind of tangible reward.

indeed, everyone gets their hpback at the end, so theres no loss for any players as such
just pride.
looks like some are scared to lose their pride?

a town crushes another, so what? alliances crush other alliances in fort wars, that doesnt seem to bother you considering how many times you both have flamed any attempts at ideas correcting this issu WITHOUT bringing any ideas to the table yourselves.

so a town beats another in dueling, i think what is left to discuss is what is won and what is lost?
i quite like the using enemy forts idea as a reward, that way a dueling town can aso get the advantages of forts too, this would most likely help in evening out the fort fight playing field?

i think that there should be some kind of dueling advantage for the winner and a dueling disadvantage for the loser.

DeletedUser

a town crushes another, so what? alliances crush other alliances in fort wars, that doesnt seem to bother you considering how many times you both have flamed any attempts at ideas correcting this issu WITHOUT bringing any ideas to the table yourselves.

Pointing out a flaw in an idea IS NOT flaming. If you care about the idea, YOU fix it. If I care about it, I will suggest alternatives. You're the one who seems incapable of arguing for or against an idea without personal attacks.