Crafting ~ Town Stock

DeletedUser

Proposal

I am proposing the New Implementation of a system where a town has a "Stock" for all products that a job drops, such as cotton, leather etc. This stock serves to benefit the crafting side of things. So Players can work together to get a supply of products so that they can be used by others to craft items and then potentially sell them back to the other players. The Stock would remove the need to sell the items on the market. It also promotes more full active towns and the genral team work of a town.

Current Workaround

The Current work around is players have to sell products to other players on the market like coal which they then buy and use to craft items like bayonets. these bayonets are then sold to othe players within the town/alliance.

Details

The "stock" is like the recource stock found it a fort, you can deposit items into the stock and then other players can use these to craft. It would ave time instead of passing the products over the market, this idea would remove that need and replace it with a better system.

The Stock would be located in the town market under a new "tab" or section, you would click this section and be bought to a similar page like the fort recource stock, you could then deposit and take items at will, and also leave small messages like you do on the marktet to indicate player names and what goes to who.

Players who tag other players names onto items makes it so only themselves or the other player can withdraw the item. this would negate any confusion witin the town.

A premium option would be to lift the cap on items, so player could stack more of 1 item thatn it is allowed, this would allow faster trading.

Abuse Prevention

The abuse preventio is tagging players so items cant be withdrawn without players consent so no "item stealing" can occur. Also the Town stock could be capped to so many stackable items so players cant transfer huge amounts at once. Also the stocks would be limited to towns only.

Summary
So to conclude it is a introduction of a town recource stock to benefit crafting and also promote more full and active towns.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

DeletedUser

There's nothing wrong with the current system. So called "item theft" is nothing of the sort. The market is not intended to be used to transfer items to specific players. If that's what the devs wanted, direct player-to-player trades would have been implemented.

DeletedUser

So called "item theft" is nothing of the sort.
that part is nothign to do with the current system, its part of the new proposed system becuase if implemented it could happen so i desgined absue prevention. just an idea after all :)

DeletedUser

I like it. How many levels does the building have and how many construction points needed to build it?

DeletedUser

I like it. How many levels does the building have and how many construction points needed to build it?

it would be used within the market. so for every level increase it could hold somethng like 5 more items maybe

DeletedUser

I'll support this. We "pushed" a townmeber via the market with products so he got "level" 500 in blacksmith in less than a month. It wasn't hard, he'd just post what products he needs (next).
Being it organized within the town market or as a separate town stock building, it's still the same, the only difference would be that in the stock we'd see what's there and what's lacking easier than on the market.

Now although we did it with one player, the "benefits" from crafted items are so low and unworthy the time so we decided not to "push" others. I still have three +3ATK crafted items unused. Will I ever use those? Probably not. So it'll stay like that till something with the system of crafting changes. This doesn't mean that the idea is bad. Actually, it's great.
5 stars.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26406

"Brilliant!!"
"Outstanding"
Great idea, I'll support this one all the way.

DeletedUser22575

There's nothing wrong with the current system. So called "item theft" is nothing of the sort. The market is not intended to be used to transfer items to specific players. If that's what the devs wanted, direct player-to-player trades would have been implemented.

Market is not intended to be used to transfer items to specific players. Says it all. Don't understand why the market can't just be used the way it was designed for instead of players trying to turn it into a "push market".

DeletedUser

Which is exactly why it took so long for trading to be implemented. People seem to think that in the two years the devs were considering trading, the idea of trading to specific players never crossed their minds. If they wanted some sort of option like that, they would have given it to us.

DeletedUser563

Mmm so plenty of advantages for big towns but what really for small towns. My town is probably some bunch of zombies they brought to live as all my town messages goes unread. Topics is never responded to etc etc etc. Most small towns has gone completely dead with the introduction of alliances/language differences etc. So I the builder will have to build some building and place my items there for players that will return nothing. So even more frustration for super active players.

Abuse issues:
1. Small towns will be at a disadvantage as they will lose members to big towns. With the current system we can substitute the town market at least with some kind of alliance/world market. But a 30 member town can place a mass of stuff while a small town cant. Buying stuff we can arrange it with an alliance member but I can already hear the "I placed it in my town stock" excuse totally ruining the game for small towners and independents.
2. It will ruin alliance dynamics as all stock goes to the stock so small towns will disappear and everyone will migrate to big towns to tap into the supply so to say.

I don't want a "grapes of wrath" type of system in the west. Rather start such a game. I will gladly play it.

So NO

DeletedUser22493

Needless idea.

To easily abusable, and can be covered by the market.

DeletedUser

how are you really sure that a town member would not steal the stock items leave town and sell it in the market for exorbitant prices