Rejected Balancing the Shaman - Poll

World 1: Do you want the prices of attribute points to change when recovering?

• Yes, I feel that it would be best for this world when doing quests.

Votes: 88 54.3%
  • I'm neutral, if it changes, well then it changes.

Votes: 23 14.2%
  • No thank you. I prefer playing in the only classic world available without any further changes.

Votes: 51 31.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8627

As requested from Balancing the Shamun - Poll requested.

The idea here is to have a vote about the Shaman but also considering the following issues.

The Shaman, when respeccing, it takes 1 day for a skill point to recover by $10.
As with an attribute point, it also takes 1 day to recover $10, not $50 as expected because it is 5 skills points being moved. 5 skill points indeed equals $50 but should also equal 5 days (1 day = $10).

Issues that could occur is that this change will reflect globally, meaning it will also reflect on worlds that have the option 'Placate Shaman'. The option to add the 'Placate Shaman' to world 1 is non-negotiable.

I have already posted twice about other potential issues in detail.

Please see #122 and #131.

Please note that the outcome of this feature is solely at the developers discretion, if they feel that world 1 should not be changed in no way - It won't be changed. But if a positive outcome I will bring it to their attention.

DeletedUser9470

i just wanted to say this:
If you are any good at playing this game you would realise you are advantaged by the fact that some things are difficult!
This is a PvP game after all.

Dont make this game a game for players who cant think for themselves.

so I vote NO to this abysmal idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Don't tell me that you managed to ignore 10 times more important and more interesting issues yet you give as poll about this?

DeletedUser

Everyone should not be able to do everything. I have never liked the shaman.

DeletedUser

I said this in the public world one shared forum, I will say it again here too.

Darth Maul 2 said:
When I´m reskilling, I only move around 4-5 max SPs and 1 AP at a time. And then wait around 5 days for the shaman to recover. I´m reskilling to fort fighter here. I have my shaman in original prices. This way it won´t get uber expensive. I reskill, wait around 5 days, reskill again. It´s not a problem for me. I stay neutral to this idea. In other worlds I´ve reskilled much more so the shaman is more expensive (reskill @ golden colt/saber etc.) But I use it the same way as here.
I stay neutral.

DeletedUser

depended on it being futile? I would move on.

edit: alright, im gone. you won't see me around here anymore.

DeletedUser

Please rice, I have yet to see a post of yours that is contributing to this thread! You just keep spamming here all the time against everyone.

The Iceman

Maybe the POLL questions should have read:
[1] Would you like to wait 100 days (3.3 months) for the Shamun to reach $250 after redistributing 100 AP
[2] Would you like to wait 500 days (16.6 months) for the Shamun to reach $250 after redistributing 100 AP

I think that puts the problem into perspective, so lets look at the bigger picture
I appreciate that there should be a level of difficulty
In my mind, 100 days is a reasonable time to wait, bearing in mind, it will take another 100 days to move them back for a total of 200 days (6.6 months)
Currently it would take 1000 days to use 100 AP and reset them back to what you started with
Thats 33 months which is almost 3 years
That has to be pure insanity to have to wait that long
Is anyone beginning to grasp my point?

Last edited:

DeletedUser363

Maybe the POLL questions should have read:
[1] Would you like to wait 100 days (3.3 months) for the Shamun to reach $250 after redistributing 100 AP
[2] Would you like to wait 500 days (16.6 months) for the Shamun to reach $250 after redistributing 100 AP

No one is forcing you to wait 16.6 months to respec. You have the option of paying more money to get the results faster. If you don't have the money, then please don't complain about the time it takes to reset the shaman.

DeletedUser

I voted to leave it as is. If this change is made in W1 it will be made to every world. W1 is a classic world, and i am quite happy with it as it is. As to the new quests, and moving ap/sp - yes it takes time. Why are you in a rush to complete the quests as soon as possible? What will you do after they are all done? I just hope ppl vote as they see fit, not as they may have been 'pressured' to vote.

DeletedUser

Feel free to elaborate... So I know what your concern is?

Correct me if i'm wrong but you decide what suggestion will be voted on. So far i saw a lot of great ones but wasn't in position to vote on single one, and yet somehow we are voting on this , and this is not great brainstorm...

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, i don't mind if this thing goes either way, but prioritize people prioritize!

The Iceman

boohoo! this game is soooo difficult!
It's obviously too difficult for your Level 24 character, as it is still stuck in Vacation Mode

You really do have a pedantic, rude and patronising way of presenting your self to others
The Iceman hands -Neo- a baseball bat, so he can beat this idea to death some more
I find it odd that you find time to spend half your day in here, but don't have time to play your character in World 1
Don't you think that you have made your point with your last 20 posts?
How many different ways are you going to find, to say NO

DeletedUser

What did the people for it do put a gun to your head. Your not level 90 even in world 1 so I am not certain if you understand the problem at all. I will leave it at that.
I am not lvl 90 W1 yet, no. I am lvl 109 in my 'main world'. This change will not affect only W1, it will affect all worlds. It is already easy enough for ppl in 'new' worlds to respec - do we need to make it even easier? As to it being difficult to complete quests (esp new quests) in W1 - i personally enjoy the challenge. That is half the reason i still play it....

Neo and rice farmer will keep saying no,no matter how many times their points
are proven wrong.I wish there was a way to keep this discussion limited to real
w1 players only.

This discussion is not limited to W1 players, because it will affect all worlds. This is not just about you - it affects all of us. Also - if y'all are allowed to express your opinions then so are we....please do not talk down to me. I understand very clearly the issues here.

DeletedUser

Part of what makes this game different & exciting is the ability to re-spec to tweak your toon to make make him/her better at certain things. Want to stop getting beat in duels by that resistance dueler, then change your skills till you beat that person. Want to do that quest that is impossible to do because you are 300 Labor points short of doing it, re-sepc. Being able to change your toon is the item that makes this game different then most other games. But on W1 to do this is way harder then every other world because of the placate shaman options available in other worlds.

I understand why people want W1 to stay as is, but with the introduction of newer & harder quests that rely on multiple high level jobs this makes a compromise between going full shaman reset and not doing nothing. The costs stay the same, but the time to do it will be cut down slightly.

DeletedUser41

If it is the same -Neo-, he played world 1 close to the beginning, running Raccoon City along with other stalwarts like Billy the Flid, quit due to time and recently restarted. Looking at his forum join date i suspect its the same -Neo-.

So he meets the criteria of acting like an ass if he so chooses :D

DeletedUser19965

There is no need to change w1 classic is classic, please leave this world alone. If someone wants to be able to change there skills quick they should be on the premium worlds or beta. Some of us spent a lot of time and game money on getting what we have and it would be a slap in the face if they make it easier to get to were we are.

DeletedUser

There is no need to change w1 classic is classic, please leave this world alone. If someone wants to be able to change there skills quick they should be on the premium worlds or beta. Some of us spent a lot of time and game money on getting what we have and it would be a slap in the face if they make it easier to get to were we are.

Well said. I'd be all for it if we were talking Arizona, Briscoe or W15. But please just leave W1 alone...

DeletedUser

Do the same rules also apply on this idea? 80% or whatever it was of the majority´s support for this idea to be passed?

DeletedUser16008

Voted No ya messed with all the others and spoiled a damn good browser game in the process .... Nothing further to say on the matter..... stop messing with the only original world left, its not called classic for nothing ... Duh !

The Iceman

I have to walk away from this thread, due to the overbearing, resentful and crass attitude of -Neo-
I truly believe that he is nothing more than a blatant attention seeker, that is primarily concerned with his own notoriety
He has spent the bulk of his time, bending over backwards, in an attempt to insult the premise of this idea with some of his garrulous remarks
So much for Thread moderation :mad:
I was brought up to believe that civility costs nothing, so I will not be responding anymore for fear of dragging myself down to the same level as -Neo- and probably getting myself banned from this Forum
A big thank you to all the members that posted constructive comments in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.