Concerns about crafting

DeletedUser

im concerned about crafting,this is why..
on earlier roadmaps (non-english,it was left out on the english roadmap,the cynic in me wonders why) there was proposed introducion of hp elixers for nuggets, what was mentioned in the english roadmaps was the ideas of higher damage in duels and jobs and removal of the 48hr ko period

looking at what this does in practical terms to the game is in theroy you could ko someone and they could be right back at you at full health, the advantage and disadvantage for prem and non prem players is pretty obvious

looking at it further it spells the end of ranged shooting as a build option,anyone that knows even a little of dueling knows melee is a a.p strenght build and ranged is a dex based build,and thats always been the strong and weak points of either build at high lvls, in melee you have the health ,in ranged you get the aim, add higher damage in duels ,the range shooting is unfeaseable

ive always been impressed of the intelleigence of this game ,things that they understood from the onset of character build and specialization,and i realize inno has a responsiblity to make money for its staff,shareholders and for the people who have invested money into the game to make sure its there for as long as they wish to play

in crafting i see inno setting a ingame culture of potions etc to boost your character,,hence opening the door for hp elixers for nuggers, and finally lp elixers for nuggets,,hence the no energy refill outline for colarado,,people think "great level playing field", but is that the intension long term in inno's marketing?

i hope ive just thought about it too much and im wrong ,but theres a lot of pointers in the last few months that lead me to think its the path there taking ,more of a facebook game,which to me would be such a waste of a well thought out clever game

(p.s i can prolly do without the usual forum lurkers and there "i know everything your wrong " replys that some seem to post a lot ,and im also aware that i spell like crap and my punctuations like a car crash)

DeletedUser31859

i cant understand what on earth you are saying. i think that craft is a great addition to the game and thats the truth.

DeletedUser

looking at what this does in practical terms to the game is in theroy you could ko someone and they could be right back at you at full health
You're forgetting that if you KO someone he is punished and can't duel next 48 hours at all.
And many of us adore that punishment. ;)

However, HP pots will be very useful definetly. For fort fights.

DeletedUser

mentioned in 1st paragraph ,please dont post for the sake of posting

if another high lvl dueler,player ,who can grasp what im saying would like to give input,im thinking victor would see where im going with this? ,that'd be great ,even better someone that knows (mod) just say "naw your wrong:p" and then delete the thread,that'd be great:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

For the sake of posting you've mentioned what in 1st paragraph? Nothing. Man, this is not game version 0.01 nor we live in year 2009.

Removal of 48KO protection was never mentioned anywhere especially not in old The Roadmap. Another thing was written, block removal, but it was about townless players, not about KO. Because of that, bank system was changed as a requirement for the new duel system. Then sheriff, then other things that came later.

Your "concerns" are irrational and belong probably to the year when The West got released.

DeletedUser

I personally think, there should be more value to each crafted item like a higher price or more effect when used. There are a number of crafted items that are not usable, not part of any item sets, not needed in any known quests, and are not needed in other professions so why make them?? A lot of those crafted goods take much more energy, time, effort and sometimes money to make than the effect they give when used and hey, many of those crafted goods have low sell prices and are not usable in any way except a means of getting $50 when sold or as a design on your product slot which is useless anyway. This is what upsets me about crafting.

DeletedUser

Yes there are recipes and crafed items not used in anything. Only thing the devs can do is to release more crafting reciepes where those items are used. Currently there are only a few crafted items worth something and the rest are useless.

I hope we can make and craft more items in the future. Maybe in 1.32 or a hotfix/minor update or whatever they´re called that adds them. I wanna craft more!!!

DeletedUser

While I disagree with this move[selling crafting items,not crafting as a whole] I have to understand that running this game cost money and if the creators want to increase their income it isn't always a bad thing.

I just hope it will be limited to new premium worlds and will not involve w1.

DeletedUser

I would be happy is they would in deed make a minor update to put use to all crafted goods since all known recipes have been leaked out. Tonic peddlers like myself can make a lot of potions and perfumes that are used in nothing!!! What a waste of effort.

And maybe they could make a separate tab for crafting, so it won't be on the "Character" tab anymore and the crafting window should have a minimize button too.

DeletedUser

And maybe they could make a separate tab for crafting, so it won't be on the "Character" tab anymore...
+1
I don't understand why it isn't placed on the button instead of deactivated "achievements".
One click less.

... and the crafting window should have a minimize button too.
Devs said that it exists but is deactivated because it's not compatible with the current layout and doesn't work as it should. So we'll have to wait till the complete interface changes. ;)

DeletedUser16008

on earlier roadmaps (non-english,it was left out on the english roadmap,the cynic in me wonders why) there was proposed introducion of hp elixers for nuggets, what was mentioned in the english roadmaps was the ideas of higher damage in duels and jobs and removal of the 48hr ko period

looking at what this does in practical terms to the game is in theroy you could ko someone and they could be right back at you at full health, the advantage and disadvantage for prem and non prem players is pretty obvious

looking at it further it spells the end of ranged shooting as a build option,anyone that knows even a little of dueling knows melee is a a.p strenght build and ranged is a dex based build,and thats always been the strong and weak points of either build at high lvls, in melee you have the health ,in ranged you get the aim, add higher damage in duels ,the range shooting is unfeaseable

ive always been impressed of the intelleigence of this game ,things that they understood from the onset of character build and specialization,and i realize inno has a responsiblity to make money for its staff,shareholders and for the people who have invested money into the game to make sure its there for as long as they wish to play

in crafting i see inno setting a ingame culture of potions etc to boost your character,,hence opening the door for hp elixers for nuggers, and finally lp elixers for nuggets,,hence the no energy refill outline for colarado,,people think "great level playing field", but is that the intension long term in inno's marketing?

i hope ive just thought about it too much and im wrong ,but theres a lot of pointers in the last few months that lead me to think its the path there taking ,more of a facebook game,which to me would be such a waste of a well thought out clever game

(p.s i can prolly do without the usual forum lurkers and there "i know everything your wrong " replys that some seem to post a lot ,and im also aware that i spell like crap and my punctuations like a car crash)

I'll attempt to bring this thread back on track seeing as every post since the first is missing the point re concerns.

I have to agree about the way crafting is likely to take things, i also read about the elixirs idea, funny how they are always talking about reducing game money and inventory then bring out crafting where you can now sell any product in the market. All quests re products are simple now & theres not much to the game regarding effort Ive no doubt they will continue to find ways to get people to use more nuggets, but not this player :)

Where duelers are concerned we shall have to see, resist really are no big deal to a dueler set to kill them or at least they used to be but since the pants and belts even a resist can dodge a lot and it takes but 1 or 2 hits to seal the duel hence the increase of resist dueling on newer worlds. IMO resist should be totally killed off as an option or a build & theres nothing slightly skillful about it but thats another argument.

As a high level dueler on non point buying worlds i can say its nearly always the shooters that own apart from the resist duelers in, to the majority they are a pain and nearly unbeatable its true. To a resist killer however they arnt much of an issue. Its likely that melee will become the dominant force so im re-skilling to gun to find out first hand and for the challenge.

Ive been aware of where they are taking this game for a long time its sad but thats the way it is, its dying and it reminds me that sometimes "less is more"... its a business nothing more :hmf:

DeletedUser

thanks vic,good to see one person can grasp what i was trying to say,spose you have to have a clue about high lvl duel to get it, as for you joxer,,,go lay back down by your dish;)

Deleted User - 1693871

+1
I don't understand why it isn't placed on the button instead of deactivated "achievements".
One click less.

Snap. Having a Crafting tab where the deactivated Achievements one is would make much more sense.

Diggo11

I personally think, there should be more value to each crafted item like a higher price or more effect when used. There are a number of crafted items that are not usable, not part of any item sets, not needed in any known quests, and are not needed in other professions so why make them?? A lot of those crafted goods take much more energy, time, effort and sometimes money to make than the effect they give when used and hey, many of those crafted goods have low sell prices and are not usable in any way except a means of getting $50 when sold or as a design on your product slot which is useless anyway. This is what upsets me about crafting.
This has already been noted. I believe the next few instalments to crafting should contain new features and recipes that expand what we don't have and utilise what we do ;)
As stated elsewhere, some of the stuff from the old roadmaps is essentially redundant carry over. There are already health elixirs in terms of the doctor's bags, Christmas items, etc... I wouldn't get too carried away ;)

DeletedUser

exactly make an ingame culture then make them for nuggets

sweet attitude diggo,so many players have left in last few months?,,and from talk i see lots more will follow

it all got too greedy,now inno's making quest for the sole purpose to reskill a few times,what a joke, i pad money for a product which has been changed on me, im pretty sure thats illegal, who do i see about a refund?

DeletedUser22493

exactly make an ingame culture then make them for nuggets

sweet attitude diggo,so many players have left in last few months?,,and from talk i see lots more will follow

it all got too greedy,now inno's making quest for the sole purpose to reskill a few times,what a joke, i pad money for a product which has been changed on me, im pretty sure thats illegal, who do i see about a refund?

Tho im gonna slightly agree with you because I totally understand your frustration, but you gotta remember back to when there was no reskilling available.
People could not, and would not be able to all jobs, quests or professions like dueling and fort battles. Ever. Period.

The experienced players choose a path from level 1 and placed their skills accoring to what they wanted to become, and they were stuck with that for the rest of their career.
The beginners were not that fortunate, because most of them realized first at level 50 that their skill placement was totally useless for w.e they wanted to do. They had to start over again.

I guess what the re-skilling brought was that people choose to not play so many worlds, but rather play fewer worlds with more specialized characters (Hence the depopulation of many worlds).
They were also able explore all the aspects of the game, without having to play 4-5 characters.

But it also made the gap between nugget users and non-nugget users larger. The versatility of a non-nugget spenders character compared to a nugget spender cannot be compared. They are superior.
The feeling of being forced to pay for nuggets to compete is justified. But hey, nothing comes free in life. If you want to be both a dueler and a quester, you need to play 2 worlds.
So you have my sympathy, but im still glad it was implemented.

DeletedUser

easy ,deleting all 5 hundered lvl + ,3 close to 120,game just looks sleezy to me now,like some junkie on a street corner tryin to scum a few bucks off me ,why people are leaving in droves i spose,a lot of high lvl on 12 are all going together ,these are the people that run the towns ,ff's,i dont see this game really bieng around much longer,cyas