Political Freedoms in China - Tibet

DeletedUser16008

Nothing to wrong with the OP, and I know this forum has a tendency to go off-topic, but this thread has descended into 'crank's corner' right from the get-go.
The Opium Wars, Zionism, EU membership, admitted xenophobia and thinly veiled bigotry all in the first few posts before even much pretence of a discussion? Pretty ripe even by our prevailing standards.
Still I'd like to see some pretty robust action in favour of a free Tibet, currently being colonised by a country that has a record of condemning the colonialisms of others.
And the mandate on Libya authorised "all necessary means" (or words to that effect) in the safeguarding of the civilian population, so I guess you could interpret that to include targeting the head of their armed forces.

Consider this quote: "not all countries look what they seem" (the Pro100)
What does that even mean? Is it a koan?
Reminds me of a friend who overheard an old lady in the street saying "Those flowers aren't as pretty as they look".

whats crank ? happens to be all true what i said...

Add Tibet and Burma to that list sure.... no one BUT NO ONE is going to dare tackle the Tibet issue certainly not the UN

DeletedUser

How exactly is the UN going to enforce anything in China? Any change in China is going to come from within.

DeletedUser16008

How exactly is the UN going to enforce anything in China? Any change in China is going to come from within.

Exactly that E no one is going to push China into anything there is neither the political, military, economic or even industrial/technological ability anywhere, maybe biological but thats very unpredictable and unlikely. & whats more China knows it. The only threat that China has had or will have for a long time is from the people of China.

This century belongs to China unless it implodes under its own weight.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14029

I like the Tibet move, yeah, like many Tibetans want to break off from China...
You don't believe the few guys that went yelling in front of the camera? How about I pay a few locals in New Mexico and get them protesting for 'reuniting with Mexico due to the unfair treaty that sold this place over, along with the other parts' :D

If you want to bring the riot started by the locals against the Han Chinese into account, let's just say the Western Media was discovered forging news and all the crap, not to mention mixing up footages from OTHER news to spice it up. But of course, I don't think this is aired in the West, not when it doesn't suit propaganda purposes. Just need to repeat & repeat & repeat how the Chinese Government staged the entire thing...! - AND all the usual crap that follows, which is too boring for me. Concerning someone who crap-cited my sentence, I didn't know it was THAT deep for you, but let's put it this way:
1) The AMERICANS! - Freedom fighters! Upholds Justice! Fights tyranny!
Fact: Vietnam! Guantanamo Bay! current Iraq & Afghanistan operations! Bombing countries that don't have nuclear weapons! Using depleted uranium ammo, causing the harmful effects and have no guts to admit it!

2) The Chinese! - Tyrants! Maniacs! Abomination!
Fact: Try living without Chinese goods. Yeah, go ahead. See where it gets you.
The very lack of incidents involving us disrupting other countries :)
Korean War - if you want to do this we can do it in another thread >.<
Not counting the operation when 300,000 Chinese Troops marched into Vietnam and bombed the (then) ungracious Vietnamese into oblivion, finishing what the Americans have failed to do. Also reshuffled the world power distribution and gave the Soviets a nice surprise.

3) A few European countries - guess it yourself: Good ol' Christians! Peace-loving!
Fact: A whole bunch of (then) scoundrels that ruthlessly crush resistance during their shameless exploitation & colonial efforts, setting up puppet governments then leave the place cracking apart when they are done with it and retreat. Yeah, as a Chinese I DO remember what China had gone through. Not to mention Opium, I still bear grudges...
Also, again, 'bomb-all-I-can-coz-this-country-ain't-got-no-nuke-and-I-want-to-put-on-a-good-show, showing-how-I-put-International-Laws-into-effect-by-prolonging-the-conflict!'
I once heard jokingly from my History teacher that armaments, bombs in particular, have an expiratory date - so as we see, the Americans usually start a war every now and then, reaping bucketloads of cash for the arms dealers, getting rid of the old bombs and push the whole country into hysterical condition, demanding for better weapons of mass destruction while the homeless and hungry, who lay forgotten, remains forgotten.

International Laws? Human Rights? Moral?
THINK AGAIN

Edit: Before some self-righteous Americans start bombing again - put it this way
The United States of America was declared on the 4th of July, 1776 (from Wikipedia)

People's Republic of China: 1st of October, 1949
Turmoil since: late 19th Century

Have you guys gone through hell before your country was set up? Nope. Major wars in your own territory? Nope. Free labour from enslaved people? Nope. Really racial equality and justice immediately AFTER the Declaration? Nope. Got a pointless & ultra-destructive Cultural Revolution (I admit it, its all Mao's fault, and it has nothing to do with other world powers but our own... tendency to conflict within ourselves =.=) Nope. Feeding 1.3 billion mouths?
NOPE

So what are you all demanding from China :p?

Will Western Media report crackdowns on crime lords in China? Nope, not mud-smearing!
Will Western Media report some Tibetans funded by unknown subjects yell 'Free Tibet'? HELL YEAH!
Will Western Media do all they can to glorify the war in Iraq & Afghanistan...? I leave this open-ended.

Are we CHOOSING not to progress? Nope. Just in a different way.

What will happen if some Americans proposed 'Assaulting China & help Free the "oppressed" Tibetan people, so that we may reap megatons of rare metals'?
The Chinese & Russians will throw in the veto, brandish nukes, and the Tibetan actors remain where they are.

Putin's response to 'American Democracy'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VJwn-At244

Kane's speech in Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptEtdnsN3lE

"Their real enemy is GDI promises them prosperity - but in the slums of Rio the homeless and hungry know the truth. They have been forgotten, they have NOTHING! BUT, THEIR, ANGER!"

Start your train of imagination from the Arab's side, not counting the oil-fed rich in Dubai, but those in down-trodden areas in Middle-East... Strikingly similar?

THINK AGAIN

DeletedUser16008

Ill just slip in there regarding the Tibet position. China has no business there pure and simple and it has been stated time and time again by Tibetans the Dali Lama, countless journalists and travelers etc etc. Im also aware of the Han Chinese view is very different

http://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/issues/99feb/tibet.htm

It is a country invaded, annexed subjected and occupied by a foreign power, in this case China end of argument.

Im not American but wrong is wrong and your innuendo that Tibet is anything but an occupied country is ridiculous.

There is always propaganda on any side but make no mistake China is no better than the anyone in that regard and one thing the west hasn't done as yet which is a huge player in perception is to Block countless Web traffic and censor the the peoples choice... Not yet anyway although im sure the govs would love to & its probably coming. Youd best take a look at your own Gov there Pro, whatever you say its certainly not a shining beacon of light & only relatively recently ( forced to before imploding like the USSR ) let down the curtain...

Ill get into a debate re China/Korea any thread you choose Pro some we will probably concurr on others no doubt contest, another view of a different culture is what is needed on this forum so stick around.

DeletedUser14029

Glad to :)
Was trying to say that both the Chinese & Americans were right on the Korean War issue, due to the tense atmosphere, the Communism threat, and the Capitalism Invasion (plain simple, after the Second Chinese Civil War when our Nationalists brothers & sisters are financed by the Americans), the uncertainty, Kim's idiocy & McArthur's brilliant 'The Chinese won't make a move' comment... plus surprise assaults & operations when peace talks were underway by both sides. You can't deny that...
Was it also known as 'The Forgotten War' in the US? I read this on Chinese Wikipedia
But I will like to go deeper than that, afterall I have only been reading Russian History from 1900~1991, and know relatively little about my own country.

Concerning Tibet... Hmm
Strange. What I am reading now from Chinese sources provides a different view.
First of all the 2008 March Tibet Riot was initiated by Supporters of Mr. Run-away Dahlilama... I couldn't care less about his name - nevermind that, just to clear up doubts on this;

The outcast-Tibet-government proclaimed they own twice the size of the current Tibet-province in China - sorry I can't provide a correct translation of how we call this in Chinese - which is, of course, false. Places they claim reached to Sichuan, Yuannan and among other places which are CLEARLY not related to THEIR places whatsoever;
Tibet was not even a UN-recognized country by 1949 when the PLA liberated the area (Yes, Liberation - and it stays that way, when PLA did free the hired hands which offended mainly the landlords, nobles & religious people)

From year 1640 onwards, it was owned by the Qing Dynasty, and ironically it was not even admitted by either the Nationalists Republic of China or ANY other countries. Dahlilama's Declaration was really only just a declaration of termination of the 'tribute' relationship between the Chinese Empire and the Tibet PROVINCE/AREA - not a state.

Traces of Chinese ownership over Tibet can be traced all the way back to Tang Dynasty - it was not REALLY THAT SIMPLE - but I advise you to pick up a volume of Chinese history and start from that. We have a really fantastic history!

So... Yeah~
It takes more than a bunch of foreigners-financed, particularly by the CIA, Tibetans, setting up a nothing-but-a-joke 'gOVERNMENT' to make a difference. Care if I set up a 'Free Mexico' government? Surely I can find some local free hands :)

DeletedUser

This has nothing to do with the UN, but ThePro, you are wrong about many things.
I don't know if you are living in China, in which case your ignorance would be partly excusable because of the government's control of information flow.
You should make an honest effort to inform yourself on what is actually happening in Tibet, to the Falun Gong, to Ai Weiwei, to the Uighurs, on capital punishment in China and many other issues that your politicians would rather you did not think about, or only with the thoughts that they themselves encourage.
The West has many faults, but it has a kind of freedom that in history has been very rare and that is worth struggling for. Compare the two Koreas and try to figure out what makes them different.

DeletedUser14029

Mongolia has an even older claim on China, perhaps it should be returned to them.

Yeah, and Mongolia once owned pretty much of Europe.

Try that.

Consider this - Mongolians are part of the PRC
Mongolians once owned Russia and many countries/lands in Europe
So... ?

You can ramble on & on how Tibet was 'once a free place and should now also be a free place', but that's really a joke :)

Try the 'once owned, now owned' line and I can tell you its pretty much a futile argument

It depends on how you want to define the ownership affair. Saying it has been so since Qing Dynasty is only an attempt to prove to you we have a HISTORY of owning that place. Again, you can say, 'oh it was free before Tang Dynasty (and that's a REALLY long time ago) - housed by barbarians' - then I can gallantly give up in this pointless debate.

To the comment above, I KNOW my country's faults - but I think you didn't bother to read my previous comment. Read that, compare with your OWN country's facts, then come back with the conclusion 'we still have much to learn, and are currently improving' than the 'free Tibet, start another revolution and civil war then let the Westerners reap bucketloads' approach.

and if you really believed America has always have a free media approach, I advise you to go back to the World War II days, matters concerning the Katyn Massacre (Apology to the Polish & Russian, just as an example, not trying to pry open an old wound) was hushed in papers during important times. PRC is currently only 60+ years into the history of mankind, I DO NOT agree with what measures have been taken, but I thik sometimes it is a necessary evil. Such as, executing drug dealers, drug lords, corrupted officials - you KNOW us Chinese have a very deep hatred towards drugs; and if you believe the Faluen Gong (I couldn't care less) propaganda, you earned my thumbs down. I have read their crappy flyers, CDs, and I must say I am startled by the low quality. Crap included how the PLA dropped them off thousands of miles from Beijing and they supposedly WALKED all the way back to Beijing - encoutnering many unnamed PRC Officials, policemen, peasants, anti-communists who supported them - and all the modern "good ol' knight against the evil dragon adventure, helped and supported by the honest good peasants in the wild" fairy tale. Ha-ha, sometimes those ridiculous propaganda amuses me. and the cultl leader kept saying its not really a cult - but if you check his title in Chinese he is 'Jiao Zhu' = . =
the Faluen Da Fa Is Good slogan bores me, lol

and before you guys all go running for Ai Wei Wei - who knows, maybe he was guilty for some charges afterall. and what would you say then? Framed and set-up by the PRC? Yeah right. Concerning the Nobel Peace Prize to Mr. Liu, trust me, its a shame - he did nothing other than writing something then get imprisoned for, hardly any achievements. The same goes for President Obama for giving speeches then got the Peace Prize, and yet we have to see peace efforts. I have watched CNN, or Fox News even, I know what kind of news you get there, a pity you can't read CCTV or you could have balanced it out yourself. I have read Russian history written by Russians scholars, Chinese scholars, and American scholars - its pretty different, the way they speak of certain events or interpretations. Balancing out the matter is fun

the June 4th incident probably left you guys an impression. Some fugitives, who initiated the event, told the students and people 'to stand ground and never give grounds to the PLA' on that very fateful night/day - escaped moments before. I have watched their crappy interviews, concerning how they "o' heard how thousands were killed, the PLA employed toxic nerve gas, crushed the innocent, shot among themselves, STUDENTS NOT ARMED, thousands of bodies incinerated and cleared and left no trace". Seriously,good emigration tactics. Some students studying in Australia at that time also burned their PRC passport, 'expressing their hatred towards PRC', then got to stay in Australia. Yeah, good one at that. Thumbs up.
Those Students Movements Leaders, who are ALSO expelled and hunted by the PRC - those who gave the testament that they SAW students leave peacefully, no tank crushing students scene, or didn't do mud-smearing on the PRC because they stood to their truth - were never considered IMPORTANT. yeah, again, doesn't suit propaganda purposes. We see Ms. Chai Ling mumbling how she HEARD students being crushed and the usual crap, and that other crap - IF you can view Chinese forums you will know that we Chinese also know the June 4th Incident was a pity, yet the particular student leaders who literally tricked students to their deaths, now currently living in foreign countries, are just as hated as by the PRC. Whilst you claim we're brainwashed, how about you - you watch the same anti-PRC news over and over, how 'thousands even TENS OF THOUSANDS were killed' over the years, then grow to believe the lies. You have my pity.

Was the western media bothered to report how unarmed PLA soldiers were burned by molotovs, dragged from unarmed trucks and cruelly beaten to death? Nope

Did they report gunfights in the ensuing day when PLA was cracking down on riots? Nope

Brainwash you all how 'PLA killed unarmed civilians'? HELL YEAH

Do we Chinese know the truth? partly. I know a crappy organization in Hong Kong have been playing the same video for 21 years - soon for the 22nd - proclaiming it was 'a massacre, thousands were killed, bodies were all burned and no traces left' - then some teenage fools who never watch OTHER news other than the biased newspapers - all go chanting the same thing over and over. A great pity. They live on Government allowances, don't get a job, then claim they are 'reformers' ^_^
China is big, but not THAT big. Thousands vanished is more than what a in a NIGHT PRC can instrument. To completely incinerate a body takes A LOT OF TIME. You can keep watching the videos how some injured people were carted to hospitals, then imagine thousands more on the way - that's your freedom. IF the PLA was determined to shoot down all of them, you will know, I will know, and they wouldn't have bothered firing into the sky or sending in unarmed PLA who were pounced upon by the Rioters and brutally burned & beaten to death...

There was a video concerning Taiwanese holding the Tibet province flag- saying 'We Support (the Free Tibet Movement)' - best liked comment:
'Go on, your support is of no importance if the PLA doesn't support this' ^_^

DeletedUser

People don't much like following links, so here is my redaction of the Wikipedia entry for what The Pro100 calles the "4th June" incident:

"The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989, also known as the Tiananmen Square massacre and the June Fourth Incidentdemonstrations in and near Tiananmen Squarecivil resistance. Led mainly by students and intellectuals.... in Beijing in the People's Republic of China (PRC) beginning on 15 April 1989. The movement used mainly non-violent methods......
Non-violent protests also occurred in cities throughout China, including Shanghai and Wuhan. Looting and rioting occurred in various locations throughout China, including Xi'anChangsha. and
The movement lasted seven weeks after Hu's death on 15 April. Premier Li Peng, a hardline conservative, declared martial law on May 20, but no military action took place until June 4, when the tanks and troops of the People's Liberation Army moved into the streets of Beijing, using live fire while proceeding to Tiananmen Square to clear the area of protestors. The exact number of civilian deaths is not known, and the majority of estimates range from several hundred to thousands. There was widespread international condemnation of the government's use of force against the protesters."

It is not easy to shed one's ideological baggage, especially in a country with no free press or freedom of expression. There are too many errors and deceptions in the previous post for me to address them all - a futile and endless task in my experience since a closed mind will only respond with fresh gorgon-heads.

Perhaps we should have a new thread if people want to discuss the problems of China.
Flinging dirt at others is not as good as washing your own face, however, TP100.

DeletedUser14029

Guess you didn't bother to read my thread.

Perhaps you should click Page 2 and read again.

Easy to put a lead basin on your head and pretend you hear nothing, see nothing, and keep mumbling the same trash over and over again. If you will say rioters armed with molotovs is UNARMED - fair enough. I am done with this crap :)

You are not the first, will not be the last, and not EXACTLY the most stubborn one I have seen since the June 4th Incident. You can call it a Massacre, Genocide (who knows, maybe you will say most of them are Tibetans :p) - or what I don't care ^_^

How about I start telling you US involvement in the Middle-East is unjust because I now declare it 'a genocide and attempt to rob the Muslim of their oil'

You can skim through my passage, refuse to answer 90% of my questions, then focus on the tiny face - then pretend you are more righteous. Lol
Then I don't give a crap to your questions either XD

DeletedUser

You keep repeating that Western media leaves out parts like rioters attacking police and whatnot in order to brainwash the audience for anti-China propaganda. However when checking some available online articles of Western media, I can read exactly that what you said was missing, so your arguments are sort of baseless rants.

@Falun Gong
What's your deal whether they're a cult or not? They're just some guys following religious/metaphysical guidelines (with many overlaps with other religions such as Christianity). How exactly does that qualify for being arrested, sent to work camps, being tortured and executed?

@Ai Wei Wei
So you think it's okay to arrest first, and -then- ponder if he may be guilty or not? And don't you think that for accuses of plagiarism video observation of his home and observation of people he deals with is unnecessary and very uncommon use of resources?

DeletedUser14029

@Falun Gong
Causes social instability. and the leader is not a man we welcome.
Coutn the dude who burnt himself at the Square? Healthy cult???
Oh, mind you also - perhaps we are getting anti-terrorism information from them also, lol
Care to answer for the inmates in Guantanamo Bay or are you trying to tell me the good ol' great Americans got all the convicts and ONLY the convicts?

@Ai Wei Wei
He's suspected of economic crimes, or financial crimes if that's how you want to call it.
Mine are not exactly baseless rants, they are based on footages from OUR documentaries & history, and what you can learn from by picking up a history book.

Easy to spray crap on what others are saying by claiming 'uh huh we Western Media got all the missing information & the darkest of all secrets concerning the PRC - from escaped convicts & rioters who can tell all sorts of crap to emigrate to the US' I believe they will claim millions died at the Square if some western media shoved a mic under their noses. You know, trash tells lies.

To make this clear:
1) June 4th Incident is a sad but necessary measure taken by the PRC
2) I support clearing up the entire matter, including the intervention of foreign factions, number of casualties, and WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED
3) Hunt those who prolonged the riot to the corners of the Earth and bring them to justice

My Questions:
1) So, anymore of the 'unarmed' protestors/rioters comment? Want me to show you the footage of murdered PLA?
2) The Americans stand on moral high ground? Excuse me? (the African Americans enjoyed racial equality until when? or you want me to enlighten you on this subject? war & poverty they have exported to other countries for their arm dealers & related industries to reap bucketloads? Staged attacks (Vietnam - yeah, the Americans fired the first shot. A pity if you are still drowned by the "crazy Vietnamese fired at us first" crap. Pity)
3) Anymore of the Tibet-is-a-state bullcrap? :p
4) Want to deny the Americans are the most war-hysterical people on Earth at the moment?
5) Guantanomo Bay really better than China's June 4th, putting down the Tibet Riot, imprisoning reactionists?
6) Conflict in Iraq & Afghanistan helpful? The civilian casualties? Read more Wikileaks? (Oh, I suppose its all fake - too bad they leaked 'classified' collateral damage reports :p)
7) Interfering with other countrys' internal affairs? Long nose, want me to saw it off a bit?
8) The UN take action against China and keep blind to the Americans' deeds?
9) Tyrannical governments backed and financed by the US? Opps, embarrassing. Aren't the Americans suppsoed to be beating up tyrants :D
10) Talk about breaking UN's rules, care to explain the many attempts on Ghadafi's life?

I enjoy all you lots ability to read nothing and type a bunch of questions, hardly blushing. Seen that alot from the Americans, perhaps you picked up the trait as well.
Remember First Blood: Part III's ending?
"This movie is dedicated to the gallant people of Afghanistan"

Aye, the Afghanistan freedom fighters have earned my thumbs up!

DeletedUser16008

Thing is if you read Pros posts he has very good points .... sure theres always the other side of the coin but what hes doing is defending his cultural stance against the rhetoric that China are bad China are evil etc etc... They arnt, in fact its the US thats broke the US that imposes it will on other nations, the US that takes things by force FROM OTHERS, china do this but mainly to its own citizens and peolpe are dissing china and pretending the west is innocent ? come on you cant seriously believe that propaganda your sold ?

Like all Countries its Government seeks to suppress the people. No need to hate on each other or pretend one is better than the other.

Jack one word in response to your post there about arrest first ponder later.. Guantanamo.

Theres plenty of examples for EVERY country to be ashamed of.... dont you get it ?

Bottom line in case you haven't worked it out yet .........There is no US AND THEM only ONE PEOPLE. You harm or do bad to anyone you hurt and betray your own family.

Back on topic

The UN was created with basically that illusion it failed before it was even formed.

DeletedUser

@Falun Gong
Causes social instability. and the leader is not a man we welcome.
Coutn the dude who burnt himself at the Square? Healthy cult???
Oh, mind you also - perhaps we are getting anti-terrorism information from them also, lol
Care to answer for the inmates in Guantanamo Bay or are you trying to tell me the good ol' great Americans got all the convicts and ONLY the convicts?

Care to explain social instability? Creationists in the US create "social instability" by challenging science in public schools, too and they're certainly as nuts as a man burning himself, but that's still not a crime and definitely not one for capital punishment.
Are you implying I would approve Guantanomo (also directed at Victor)? Because I'm most certainly not. But is that your excuse? The US does it, so we are allowed to do it, too. Wow, I've seen more mature kindergarten children.

@Ai Wei Wei
He's suspected of economic crimes, or financial crimes if that's how you want to call it.
Mine are not exactly baseless rants, they are based on footages from OUR documentaries & history, and what you can learn from by picking up a history book.

Easy to spray crap on what others are saying by claiming 'uh huh we Western Media got all the missing information & the darkest of all secrets concerning the PRC - from escaped convicts & rioters who can tell all sorts of crap to emigrate to the US' I believe they will claim millions died at the Square if some western media shoved a mic under their noses. You know, trash tells lies.

Yet more baseless rants, because the information in the Western media doesn't come from escaped rioters, but specifically mentions Chinese sources (i.e. Xinhua). Would you please stop assuming that Western media is all about biased brainwash? It's pure nonsense.

DeletedUser16008

Are you implying I would approve Guantanomo (also directed at Victor)? Because I'm most certainly not. But is that your excuse? The US does it, so we are allowed to do it, too. Wow, I've seen more mature kindergarten children.

Most certainly I am not saying you approve, just pointing out those who live in greenhouses shouldn't throw stones..

Your both right but also both subject to the propaganda thrown at you.... remember that when trying to score points.

DeletedUser

Nice posts Jack, but reason is not welcome here, as you see.

ThePro100 has really shown himself as a ranting xenophobic racist here. He cites the history of black oppression for his anti-Americanism and then uses the racial epithet "long nose" for westerners about 6 lines later. Real slick. Especially as he doesn't even know our ethnicity.
Crude, nasty, belligerent and foul-mouthed. One for my 'ignore' list.

And Victor, please stop assuming that everybody has been brainwashed except you.

DeletedUser16008

Eli from what I can see thats what most seem to be like in their posts, & thats exactly what brainwashing does,sells one side of the story ( their side ) & then expects you go off on others to defend it.

I get it, you don't like im pretty suspect of all media and propaganda but read between the lines. Work in the industry creating it and youll notice pretty quickly thats all it is.

Instead of ignoring try engaging or looking at their background or where they may be coming from and why. Education and tolerance of other cultures would help, sure theres xenophobia in Pros words but no less than ive seen from others.

Every single person ive ever met is xenophobic, racist or blindly biased in some way or form, me included at times, the trick is to see it for what it is and stamp it out as best you can, its what drives us apart & thats the idea. Divide and rule... jeez a simple corporation understands the need for competition in order to sell its goods as better than the other, they swallow up the small fish with other large main coorps agree to rig the game for their own gain then set about each other claiming the higher ground. What makes you think Govs or cultures do it any different ?

Its often sold as patriotism as it gets the juices/emotions flowing, we are right & taught it from cradle to grave, therefore the other MUST be wrong, look at the way they talk and act etc etc its not our way therefore there must be something wrong with them... stop proving my point I know you don't like it.

the UN still sux at its role btw

DeletedUser

Pro100, the reason you're not even remotely winning this debate is you're ranting and raving, not staying on topic and generally going off on a bunch of tangents to distract people from the points in discussion. In other words, you're trying to dilute the points in contention by tossing out random comments. If you wish to have a reasoned debate, then organize your thoughts, remove your racist rants, and argue each point independently, perhaps with different threads.

As it is, you're trying to justify the crimes against humanity perpetrated by the Chinese government by pointing at activities committed by other countries without first addressing the crimes committed by China, and without providing any evidence to support your "inferences" that actions committed by other countries were indeed crimes against humanity, or even of the same calibre as those actions committed by China's government.

Point said, your arguments suck. So how about putting some thought into your posts, instead of just coming out as some sort of flag-waving patriot.

And now for my contribution to this thread (I quote myself, like all egotists do):

The People's Liberation Army (PLA) has a long history of committing atrocities and the People's Republic of China (PRC) is not clean in its authority. From the so-called War of Liberation, to the invasion and subsequent oppression of Tibet (Oh, excuse me, "peaceful liberation" of Tibet, as PRC calls it, that resulted in 1 million dead "after" the invasion), to the Tiananmen Square massacre (PRC's innocuous sounding, "June Fourth Incident"), to the ongoing mobile execution chambers (death penalty organ removal buses), China definitely has a lot to answer for.

Here, have a picture of PLA soldiers firing live ammo into a crowd of unarmed students:
mascr0151.gif

(and yes, I spared everyone the pictures of PLA tanks rolling over people, literally turning their bodies into unrecognizable red trackmarks).