Things I like/dislike in this game

DeletedUser

3. Yeah, well, if/when they finish putting into place "other" means to get some of those special items, it will remain. Think of it as a temporary fix.

Well they should do it fast, because it's the single most idiotic, imbalancing, cheesy, go-ahead-and-cheat-because-we-have-no-better-ideas aspect of this game. The entire concept disgusts me.

DeletedUser

Well they should do it fast, because it's the single most idiotic, imbalancing, cheesy, go-ahead-and-cheat-because-we-have-no-better-ideas aspect of this game. The entire concept disgusts me.
+1

If only my english was better to be able to express an opinion in a way like this.

DeletedUser

So how do you really feel about push battles then? How would you rate this as compared to other nefarious vile abominations?
Oops, sorry i couldn't resist LOL.

Wish you were with us in the forum at the time it was being implemented,only few of us voiced our discontent about this at the time.Too bad quiet a few players actually like this,in fact to some this is "THE" main attraction of the game.

It's tolerable to me (I even participate now and then) as long as there are semi-viable or even "digestible" alternatives (ie golden colt quest). The game is a living breathing entity that's constantly evolving,and sometimes it mutates into something we don't really care for.

DeletedUser

Wish you were with us in the forum at the time it was being implemented,only few of us voiced our discontent about this at the time.Too bad quiet a few players actually like this,in fact to some this is "THE" main attraction of the game.

I posted a thread on cash battles in the beta forums back in May, but it didn't get much of a response. It amazes me that push duels are illegal, pushing through markets is illegal, but manipulating the outcome of a fort battle in the name of loot is perfectly legit.

To me, real battles are the main attraction.

DeletedUser16008

You do know cash battles dont have to be "push" all you have to do is have both sides fight it out until half are gone. All depends on how "push" people want to go i guess.

Of course it could be said its a fair way of anyone getting something on a drop rather than sticking it always in quests... not all of us want/can afford to spec 100 points etc to FMS to quest for things, especially on the old worlds.

Other than that yea its one of a few loop holes that should be closed in the game that are open to abuse.

DeletedUser22575

I posted a thread on cash battles in the beta forums back in May, but it didn't get much of a response. It amazes me that push duels are illegal, pushing through markets is illegal, but manipulating the outcome of a fort battle in the name of loot is perfectly legit.

To me, real battles are the main attraction.

you are not the only one amazed at this. talk about rule consistency. :eek:

And how about the newest version. Push Bounties...lol.

DeletedUser

You do know cash battles dont have to be "push" all you have to do is have both sides fight it out until half are gone. All depends on how "push" people want to go i guess.

Yeah, some are worse than others. Some less organized cash battles are just cheesy and could be considered a gray area. When who lives and who dies starts getting manipulated, I really can't understand why people aren't getting banned.

And really, the devs have NO better ideas? Here's a suggestion: cash has no effect on fort battle luck. A battle that's full on both sides has a chance of dropping a third key. A large battle has a 2% chance that one survivor will find a key, a medium 1%, a small 0.5%. It's not rocket science.

I understand they don't want to just give away third keys, although I really don't see WHY they feel that way since they basically give away Golden Colts and sabers.

DeletedUser16008

Yeah, some are worse than others. Some less organized cash battles are just cheesy and could be considered a gray area. When who lives and who dies starts getting manipulated, I really can't understand why people aren't getting banned.

And really, the devs have NO better ideas? Here's a suggestion: cash has no effect on fort battle luck. A battle that's full on both sides has a chance of dropping a third key. A large battle has a 2% chance that one survivor will find a key, a medium 1%, a small 0.5%. It's not rocket science.

I understand they don't want to just give away third keys, although I really don't see WHY they feel that way since they basically give away Golden Colts and sabers.

Agreed its not a hard fix at all, some formula of that ilk would be a far better solution.The point you make about the golden dueling weapons is spot on and had me perplexed I must confess. Suddenly all the other good weapons became meaningless overnight, maybe these should also be incorporated in drops in battles too. Its not like anyone is going to spend vast amounts of time trying to get them any other way now the goldens make Earpes and Grants etc near to obsolete

DeletedUser

The golden colt/saber quest is one of the most popular and highlight of the game,an it's fantastic that the devs went with that it does 3 things:

Alternate way of getting a high end weapon:If push battles were the only way to get top end weapons there would be quiet a few people leaving the game much earlier then they would have otherwise.
You want push battles,fine but you better give me something else that is competitive or else there is no point in playing the game.
It's too important not to have options you see?

Even the playing field:there is no reason fort-fighters should be the only means of getting high end gear.The most fun games always present their players with a wide range of options on how to be successful.
IE:thru questing or fort-fighting or simply doing jobs.
We cant have fort-fighting be the only way of playing the game.

More accurate Picture of the best duelers:You win duels because of true skills and strategy not because you happen get a very lucky drop at a fort battle.With a wider availability of high quality weapons you got to "earn" your victories.
Besides everyone doing much more damage to everyone else will mesh nicely with the upcoming health pots,planned in the road map ;)

DeletedUser

I preety much injoy the game i like the ethick of reciving money duels and Towns
The only thing that i dislike is the time it takes for you to get from one are to the next

DeletedUser22575

The golden colt/saber quest is one of the most popular and highlight of the game,an it's fantastic that the devs went with that it does 3 things:

Alternate way of getting a high end weapon:If push battles were the only way to get top end weapons there would be quiet a few people leaving the game much earlier then they would have otherwise.
You want push battles,fine but you better give me something else that is competitive or else there is no point in playing the game.
It's too important not to have options you see?

Even the playing field:there is no reason fort-fighters should be the only means of getting high end gear.The most fun games always present their players with a wide range of options on how to be successful.
IE:thru questing or fort-fighting or simply doing jobs.
We cant have fort-fighting be the only way of playing the game.

More accurate Picture of the best duelers:You win duels because of true skills and strategy not because you happen get a very lucky drop at a fort battle.With a wider availability of high quality weapons you got to "earn" your victories.
Besides everyone doing much more damage to everyone else will mesh nicely with the upcoming health pots,planned in the road map ;)

I think it would make dueling a lot more interesting and fun if there was only one named weapon per world.

Who ever finds/gets it first has it...until he gets ko'd then it swaps hands to whoever ko'd him.. :laugh:

DeletedUser

@TJ tuttle: LOL i like that idea, This really sound like it could be a lot of fun,you should post in the idea/brain-fart forum . It's too late for the old named weapons (cant take away stuff earned already) but maybe it can be done in 1.3 or after

@SGTJaso: 1st time poster! hiya and welcome:)
About the slow travel time: yeap TheWest is a fairly slow paced game specially right after you pick a class and loose the greenhorn speed bonus. It gets a bit faster with better mounts and either the Mexican set or indian set bonus.
Several posters suggested way to improve that (train stations ect...) but so far it's not going anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think it would make dueling a lot more interesting and fun if there was only one named weapon per world.

Who ever finds/gets it first has it...until he gets ko'd then it swaps hands to whoever ko'd him.. :laugh:

Brilliant. :)

The golden colt/saber quest is one of the most popular and highlight of the game,an it's fantastic that the devs went with that it does 3 things

Was it really necessary that they did those three things with the two most powerful weapons in the game? And I think they really only had one intent: to make the third key the only real reward of cash battles. The named weapons became mere status symbols.

DeletedUser

I think they should change the date format on this forum, the ones you see above your posts. Its just a bit confusing to read. If I am not wrong, it didn't used to be like that.

DeletedUser

I love almost all of The West except the energy while not sleeping seems not very high

DeletedUser

The push rule is great but chance the program.

Why? How?

1 Why?. It shut not be possible to duel any Alliance member. Thus it is impossible to duel a friend who is member in your Alliance.
2 Why?. It shut not be possible to set a bounty on a member off your Alliance.

How?. Simple disable the button Challenge to a duel if player is a Alliance member.

Then the rule still can stay as set. If I attack a player outside my Alliance in the spirit of the game it is a enemy. By disable the function I can not attack a Alliance member. There will always be players how will try to cheat. Do not create rules that will make it impossible to pay the game.
It is a great game with lot off time to spend in but you do not have to be every day online. (Of course you will not grow and you Alliance will miss a member)

DeletedUser

Dislike - Soldier Tactics/Health Bonus

It give them free points...free points...free points no other class can have get free points..its free points..should be nerfed

how is getting free points even not a considered awful thing..did i say free points or is it more points that any other class can not get..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yay for different opinions!

Things I like:

1.The variety of jobs out there, including ones that have been added recently. Sure some quests aren't high xp earners, or have the best item gain, but the fact we've got so many different jobs out there is nice. I still do printing the newspaper just for fun randomly.

2. Town forums/Alliance forums. I don't like being in inactive towns, and this includes towns that aren't active in their own forums. I like a balance of town/alliance activity as it keeps things interesting.

3. The random class bonuses. Unlike others I love the fact that some classes get massively different bonuses than others. It just adds to the challenge. If another class has bonuses in an area that I need to improve in order to beat them in a duel, so what? That gives another goal right?

Dislikes:

1. Inactive town forums. Silence is deadly and boring. Death by boredom is what kills most towns.

2. The Elitist feeling of some features. I realize Inno has to make money, but to be honest, the ability to buy skill/attribute points with nuggets bothers me. If it is implemented into worlds I play, I will likely stop playing those worlds. Where is the fun in dueling/fort battling when people can just literally buy a victory through sp/ap?

3. Lack of humor. I've seen far too many bad attitudes in the game. It's a game, not real life. Some take things far too personally and go overboard in their reactions.

Overall I love the game and enjoy checking in daily.

DeletedUser5046

i like:

♥ playing the game 24 hours till my character sleeps XD
♥ hangin out on te forum
♥ annoying JR (jk)
♥ forts and new quests (specially seasonal quests)
♥ friendly duels
♥ trying to be number one on the skill rankings XD
♥ my friends

i dislike

☻ haters
☻ not having enough time to play XD
☻ missing out te fort fight
☻ being knocked out on te duel T_T

DeletedUser22575

Dislike - Soldier Tactics/Health Bonus

It give them free points...free points...free points no other class can have get free points..its free points..should be nerfed

how is getting free points even not a considered awful thing..did i say free points or is it more points that any other class can not get..

I dislike players who whine about the Soldiers Tactic/Health bonus when they have the same opportunity to run that class as anyone else and have those same bonus's.

Instead they make the choice they want and thus are responsible for that choice and the benefits that come with selecting that class.

Then they want to whine about the soldier class needing to be "nerfed".

Almost as irritating as those who join a game that dueling is one of the key parts of and then whine about being dueled.