Hints on the update 1.30 from new TW-times

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Cowboy Lincoln is probably just using a random ref pic that's been floating in just about every national forum. Vdani on the Hungarian forum for example is showing the same one and I think it was also in the beta forum briefly before a mod nuked a bunch of pics.

DeletedUser

Cowboy Lincoln is probably just using a random ref pic that's been floating in just about every national forum. Vdani on the Hungarian forum for example is showing the same one and I think it was also in the beta forum briefly before a mod nuked a bunch of pics.

I'm playing at beta world 2 (1.30 is there :p) and only Zet was wearing good clothes. I can give you some other pictures if you want :)

DeletedUser

I'm playing at beta world 2 (1.30 is there :p) and only Zet was wearing good clothes. I can give you some other pictures if you want :)

I believe you,you are very lucky and yes since everyone else is wearing the level 1-15 stuff:)
Will be even more interesting after the initial stability/tutorial phase testing when the more fun content (lvl 99-120) gets tested in the old beta world ;)

DeletedUser26406

Spoiler alert!

* New Features
o Pants!
o Belts!
o The item stacks in the inventory are gone for the sake of clarity: Per item type just one stack
o Itemtype filter in inventory to ease finding items
o New tutorials, deactivated old tutorials
o You can travel now to ghost towns to fetch market bids
o Alliance window: You can see towns, forts and player stats on one page for an alliance
o New dueller bonus: Action radius - duellers may duel players without waytime within a certain radius
o Player duels through the duel window: You can easily see now who you want to duel without searching through the map
o Telegrams can be categorized
o Telegram writing redesigned in look and feel
o Item popup tells if the item can be sold on market
o Market inventory shows only auctionable items
o You can level up to 120 now
o Hall of fame extended to collect records of other levels than just 99
o Show bounty fee when making a bounty on someone
* Changes
o Recruits or higher grades can now chat in fort battle chats per default
o You can't bid on your own market offers anymore
o Soldier items can no longer be found (like the other character class items)
o You can pay market bids from cash or bank account
o Forts can be protected against takeovers by admins (for game mastered worlds)
* Bugfixes
o Fort battle chat rights settings works now properly (only english folks haven't experienced any problems
o Sorting in the market fixed
o Maneuvers can be reopened via click on chatroom name of the maneuver
o Market bidders can no longer be found out through technically measures
o Report bb code works now regardless of report title
o Multiple items can now put on the market as an offer
o Chat shouldn't complain anymore that you don't have the rights to talk in your own town
o Fortlist doesn't explode any more in case of too many forts
o Townless characters do no longer come up with the idea that they still belong to a town when looking at the map
o Cyrillic nicknames shouldn't be a problem in fortbattles anymore
o many other smaller fixes

sans_t14.gif

sans_t15.gif

sans_t16.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nice new features... Hundreds of pants, hundreds of belts, ...
But where... Where is a feature "awsome new hundreds of quests"?

DeletedUser16008

Awesome new update & the one people have been waiting years for... especially the level cap lifted...

This has to be the single most extensive update in actually adding items to the game and long long overdue... well done devs.

As for quests jibe well theres no pleasing some.

DeletedUser

Everything looks really good i am really gonna like this update except maybe the new dueler bonus.The radius they are talking about is a 15 min duel radius .so after all the talk and vote and the 100 ideas to bring duelers on par with soldiers as far as usefulness this is what we get.

The dueler upgrade is better than lint in our pockets and definitively better than a sharp stick in the eye but forgive me if i don't pass out of sheer excitement :laugh:

Let's just hope that this is still in concept development and further test/tweeks might bring the dueler class better options.

DeletedUser25707

I just hope that introduction of Pants, Belts and removal of level cap does not mean LP's needed to do a job is changed. Because that would be a bad, bad move by Inno which would completelly overshadow all the good things 1.30 is introducing.

DeletedUser

Geez I totally forgot to comment this one
o New dueller bonus: Action radius - duellers may duel players without waytime within a certain radius
:blink:

Let's get some help from HotNSexy's dueling guide, there is a comparision of soldier and dueler bonuses there:

Dueler Advantages:
  • The speed on the map is increased by 10%. - Who Cares
  • The motivation for dueling raises faster. It is increased 20% faster. - Big Deal
  • You receive 10% more money in a duel. - ooo 1 more dollar!

Soldier Advantages:
  • For each skill point given to the skill health points you receive an additional 5 health points for your character. - Thumbs Up
  • The level needed to use a weapon is lowered by 3 levels. - Hell Yes!
  • In duels you receive a bonus of 50% to your tactic skill. - It's Christmas
So now the dueler class that already has a speed bonus, doesn't even have to use that "who cares" bonus because there is a new bonus that makes the previous bonus useless. Not to mention the traveltime halving premium.

Since I've came to this game, every new update (starting with 1.27) brings a few awsome things, I must admit that. But in each one, there is always a thing that is utterly rediculous, unnecessary or a design fail.
This new dueler bonus goes in the same "wtf" category with the evil permanent premium, useless gold coin and firefighter bucket items (quests), nonexisting key#3 quest, adventurer fort bonus and county chat.

* a side note, F in "wtf" means fine just as F in RTFM (read the fine manual) in case someone asks

DeletedUser

Whatever, some more news...
There are currently no pants (or belts) that add to existing item sets! :mad:

DeletedUser

Whatever, some more news...
There are currently no pants (or belts) that add to existing item sets! :mad:

I can't say im not overly surprised, after all with the full current sets they offer the top jobs anyways, so what would / could they add Bonus wise to make them even greater set's ?
Just even more SP , from the belts and trousers as an extra should be enough :)
Besides some of the old item sets aren't a full inventory set, if that makes any sense :D.

DeletedUser

What top jobs? I'm probably missing something...

If you mean Charlatan (and the set), yes, it's one of best jobs since it gives a decent XP+cash and the luck factor is pretty good. Investing money in that set is probably the best thing I've done in my life. That set and the mentioned job, brought me not only XP and money to buy everything else (I needed) in the game, but I also got 2 bears from the charlatan job!
Gentleman's set is awsome generally, and "top" jobs it gives with decent SP distribution are peacemaking and stagecoachambush. Good XP and good luck, lousy cash... But that's not trainrobber job! Where's the set for the best XP job in the game? Nowhere.
Mexican set gives what top job? I'd say - none. But then again, it's great for travelspeed+HP (forts).
Indian set? Ok, one of the best XP jobs is there. Second best XP job to be precise, with low cash and low luck. Let's add also this: westcalc suggests indian set for fortfighting defense? Geez... On this set I say: Bah. The only worth thing there is a combo moccasins+mustang.
Pilgrim set? A total design fail if you ask me (unless it's somehow connected to praying secret).

While current sets offer decent XP jobs, cash jobs too... None of existing sets "offer" top luck jobs: treasure hunt or graverobber are not included in any set.
Also, what set offers Paddlestreaming job? Don't tell me it's not a top job, especially when you reach levelcap - you can get a big cash there with decent leadership.

I don't say the game should provide a set for every single job possible in the game. But if you give sets for XP and cash jobs, but no set for luck jobs... That's a bad design if you ask me.

DeletedUser3543

Joxer stop being such a tool.

Every single 'pants'[sic] and belt will add to each and every one of the item sets, just so long as they include a single skill or attribute point.

DeletedUser

Joxer stop being such a tool.
Where is the word "please"?
No "please" = continuing to be a tool, whatever that means. :razz:

Besides, who cares for pants' solo points? I'm talking about item set bonuses in case you misunderstood.

DeletedUser

devshot-111-inventory.jpg

There seems to be a headgear, neckband, fort gun, dueling weapon, Clothing, pants, riding animal, product.... but what is that category hidden by the description?? The one beneath the fort weapon?
So if this ball thing is a product which it is and now that we may have more quests and new jobs added, its interesting really. Its not the crystal ball for the old Gypsy. I do have a feeling that its a cannonball. My wild guess, it may look like one but I could be wrong.

DeletedUser

Even if the items in the inventory can now be categorized, I still want them to retain the item stacks.

I have a total of 278 whiskeys bottles in my inventory which is arranged in 28 stacks, of course the stacks are still useful even if there is now item categorization so the product section doesn't clutter. I don't understand why they would supposedly remove the item stack feature for the sake of "clarity".

I do believe that item categorization + item (product) stacking would have been a perfect match to make the backpack neat and far more arranged. There is more "clarity" in this way, I think.

DeletedUser3543

Bill, I get the impression that they are removing the individual 'stacks' for the same items, and making them into one big stack, so you could possibly have 2147483647 whiskey bottles stacked in one box in your inventory - would make those inventories with lots of whiskey bottles a little easier to scroll through.

It would also make it possible to sell 2147483647 whiskey [or any other items], with the click of one button.

Status
Not open for further replies.