The fort battle for the wealthiest - bring back game balance

DeletedUser

the really ridiculous thing is, all of you lower leveled players arent excluded from anything
you could arrange your own battles; and yeah it would take longer to get money together, lower level jobs = less money, but the point is, there is NOTHING stopping any of you from having the same randomized chance, stemming from the same effort and work in the game, as any other player in the game
Yes,nothing is stopping us from getting these weapons in the same way you are,and most players will do whatever is necessary to get to that goal,there is no question about that,and that isn't the issue.That doesn't mean players wont voice their opinion and disapproval at the ghetto method used to get these fantastic legendary weapons.

I would have though that there could be lots more money sinks that could have been created instead of this if this was the design goal.

Some people happen to think that this "cheapens" their gaming experience and will post here and voice their opinion but i thank you for at least presenting arguments and disagreeing with us is a decent manner as opposed to some of the other trolls and their usual "whining" accusations :laugh:

DeletedUser

and now it is finally discovered, and what, because all of the newer players don't have the money or ability to get into these fort battles, they just want it shut down for everyone?
They do have money. 2k, 3k or 5k is not that much to collect

are these the same players who are all for the new updates, and all for the game being changed to better cater and appeal to them? the same players who don't see anything wrong with the lvl99 cap?
I'll speak for myself. I am for new updates, have already expressed my views sometime ago. Level 99 cap is wrong.

these players are the first to call it cheating and unfair
It's not cheating, its exploiting ingame mechanism. And that's unfair.

DeletedUser1121

It's not cheating, its exploiting ingame mechanism. And that's unfair.

In what way would it be unfair to exploite an ingame mechanism?
Why on earth would this mechanism be created in the first place?

Don't tell me you think the devs have put this in just because they like writing a bunch of code without a reason?

And don't ell me that they didn't mean the mechanism to work this way.
If you are smart enough to create the whole fort thingie, you must be smart enough to see what the results of your code will be.

Conclusion: They have put this code in for a reason. And furthermore i am quite sure they gave out a few tips to. Because otherwise it would never be discovered.

So the devs made up a thing we are now using and that is unfair?
Life is unfair. Here we all have the same chances.

DeletedUser

If you are smart enough to create the whole fort thingie, you must be smart enough to see what the results of your code will be.

Conclusion: They have put this code in for a reason. And furthermore i am quite sure they gave out a few tips to. Because otherwise it would never be discovered.
Again another awsome logic.
If things were your way, no game would ever have a bug nor things that could be exploited. If you were right in a single bit, there would be no beta versions of any software and no beta servers. Devs are, by your own words, " smart enough to see what the results of your code will be". Yea, right.

The solution to this is simple. The rewards should not be connected to the money in your pocket but to something else or should be completely random. Besides why the players' money is counted at all? The attacking town already payed a decent sum to start the battle.
But why would you agree to fortfight changes? Just like others who won't agree, you simply don't want fair fort fights, but you want ONLY preaaranged ones where participants know who'll win and who'll lose before the battle starts. That speaks pretty much about you. About all of you actually.

DeletedUser13636

Good point Desi...

Now lets all just leave this just the way it is please..

DeletedUser

wise words from desi.
the tips have been out for almost a year now (http://devblog.the-west.net/?p=134&lang=en), only recently it has become general knowledge, since the polish people can read instructions.

and you can get these super-items WITHOUT a prearranged battle. for example, Have every attacker (your town and bestest allies) bring 10k money to the battle, win the battle, and the survivors will get some keys. no "cheating" there.

but you can "cheat" too, push fort battles arent illegal anywhere (although our hero Elmyr has so suggested), even push duels are illegal only on some servers

DeletedUser

"Pushing" would be easy to detect if reports contained this info:
1. equipment in both duels and fort fights
2. pocket money for all players in fort fights

However, reports contain only the damage and a reward.

But your post is not so bad thinking. Perhaps devs should make all players who want to take a part in the fort fight to BRING MONEY.
In that case everyone should bring for example $500 on both sides. You don't have the money? Then you can't defend your fort. Or attack another. Your problem. ;)
And that would serve also another purpose and that's "how to remove the huge money amounts from the server".

More on it, although it's an offtopic... As I've said a few times, the last update made soldiers impossible to rob. A soldier comes to your town, does a duel and then if he wins it, he banks the money and does the next duel... And so on. How about adding a rule that if you want to challenge someone you have to have at least 100$ in your pocket? So if you challenge the wrong person and lose the duel, he still has a chance to rob your 33$? Not only that, this would make "push" duels more complicated. Ok, it doesn't have to be 100$, it can be less or related to your duel level, I'm just giving an example.

Yea, yea, I know what will the next poster say... That I'm an idiot and my ideas/suggestions/brags are lame and who would want any of this, let's leave fort pushing legal for whatever reason.

DeletedUser

seriously, all the complaining about this being "unfair"
how on earth is it unfair to anyone?

we have been trying to find out how to get those guns since the west began over 2years ago
and now it is finally discovered, and what, because all of the newer players don't have the money or ability to get into these fort battles, they just want it shut down for everyone?

are these the same players who are all for the new updates, and all for the game being changed to better cater and appeal to them? the same players who don't see anything wrong with the lvl99 cap? and now, once someone figures out something that lvl99 capped players can actually DO with their time, these players are the first to call it cheating and unfair

you all need to stop whining and being so selfish and short sighted
yeah, a lvl50 player who can't even wield precise army revolver shouldn't have to put in any extra amount of effort to find Wyatt Earp's Buntline as a lvl99 player who is willing to risk $10-20k in order to have a RANDOMIZED CHANCE to find a special item? if that's the case, then every higher level job is also "unfair" and "cheating" too, isn't it. is ambushing stagecoach (a 90+% luck job) cheating because you have to put in the work and effort to rise through the levels before you can have enough labor points to do the job?

the really ridiculous thing is, all of you lower leveled players arent excluded from anything
you could arrange your own battles; and yeah it would take longer to get money together, lower level jobs = less money, but the point is, there is NOTHING stopping any of you from having the same randomized chance, stemming from the same effort and work in the game, as any other player in the game

so can we please stop all this talk of "we have to find some way to get this changed" for god's sake, I finally have something to do now in this game, Inno please do not take this away from us older players
La dee da dee da ... I will start by telling you up front: we are on the same page here. So don't start getting angry cause I replied to you. It doesn't mean I am always against you. Ok? Good!
Now, this is not only for level 99 players, but it is true that is easier for a higher level to get the money and survive in a battle.
Makes me glad you don't see forts as useless as before anymore. Is a good thing. But, you can't generalize! Please stop putting everybody in the same pot. I am for the new updates and features (as you know), but I am also against taking this out and having it viewed as "push battle". Is not the same thing. I am a level 99 player and waiting for that darn level cap to be removed. So you can't be more wrong about people. Stop making assumptions and stop categorizing people and you will be better viewed around here.
If there was a vote, I think most people would vote for the battle of the wealthiest to be left as it is. This is one thread against it, there are more positive threads about it.

DeletedUser1121

La dee da dee da ... I will start by telling you up front: we are on the same page here. So don't start getting angry cause I replied to you. It doesn't mean I am always against you. Ok? Good!

Ultimate respect!! feared by the moderators!!

Nice going Roland.

Again another awsome logic.
If things were your way, no game would ever have a bug nor things that could be exploited. If you were right in a single bit, there would be no beta versions of any software and no beta servers. Devs are, by your own words, " smart enough to see what the results of your code will be". Yea, right.

I am quite sure the devs knew the consequenses of their decisions. I have been programming long enough to know how things work.
I am guessing the whole goal of this construction is to get (game)money out of the game. How on earth would you explain this choice they made.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Desi, the only thing I know is that the game will be massively changed in next 6 months (the Roadmap post: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=32494) and that devs are pretty busy with each planned thing. Each decision is pondered for sure, but somehow this thing "slipped" through. When the game is easy to abuse or easy to cheat, it loses it's challenge. It becomes boring. And people go away. Let's hope it won't happen here.

Duduie, ROTFL, man, you rock! Hehe, whatta post...

DeletedUser16008

Desi, the only thing I know is that the game will be massively changed in next 6 months (the Roadmap post: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=32494) and that devs are pretty busy with each planned thing. Each decision is pondered for sure, but somehow this thing "slipped" through. When the game is easy to abuse or easy to cheat, it loses it's challenge. It becomes boring. And people go away. Let's hope it won't happen here.

Duduie, ROTFL, man, you rock! Hehe, whatta post...

Rubbish its been available for ages just as has been said only now its known.

As for a challenge etc well I dont have any left on my world as I already have all the forts we could ever need... Plus the fact I made a point of inviting both allies AND enemies for the fun battles... no unbalance there.

We also tried a large for everyone and guess what ? most low lvls etc all joined one side and didnt bring any cash result was no one found anything. So its back to the select list im afraid, not what id like but too many freeloaders around.

This is something for us high lvls to do and im amazed the attitude of some just because either they dont have the cash or ability to test it out...

So far over $1 million has been lost for around 10 items thats around 100k an item.
... I hardly think its unbalancing the game at all as most are already so high lvl they have nothing else to do anyway.

Some of us have been at this game for years and its a welcome break to even have anything remotely new available its sour grapes as usual and ive heard it all before when someone finds a new thing in this game ask why even clues were put in if they didnt want it to happen the Devs are not stupid and your assuming a lot that it is an unintended loophole...

Around 10 unique items that hardly anyone worldwide has found in 2 years ... whats the point of them... Nope im sure its all been intended same as the blog leaks for belles etc to spice it up somewhat.

DeletedUser

seriously, all the complaining about this being "unfair"
how on earth is it unfair to anyone?...
I completely agree with you Roland.

:unsure:Looks out the window to see if pigs can now fly:unsure:

The only thing I'd like to see changed now is the ability to withdraw money from my bank account!

DeletedUser

Ultimate respect!! feared by the moderators!!

Nice going Roland.

Is for his own sake. Whenever he sees me posting, he gets annoyed right off, doesn't matter what I say and then he starts getting infractions for his replies. And he is close to taking a time off. So I don't fear him at all. He should learn how to respect.

I completely agree with you Roland.

The only thing I'd like to see changed now is the ability to withdraw money from my bank account!
Little, but maybe it helps. With automation premium you can get up to $1000 out and after the 1.27 update about $2000. Just schedule 4 x sleep in a luxury apartment, other than your town's, then cancel right away (don't be at that town's location). When you cancel the money will be in cash, pulled out from the bank.

DeletedUser544

I completely agree with you Roland. s

*roland falls over dead from shock

lol no but maybe you should check to see if the great under has frozen over =)

I think that is completely by design
otherwise, people could bank money and save up, then when a battle happens, they could withdraw all the money
by not allowing withdrawals, it forces those going for the special guns to let it accumulate on their person... meaning they could get KOed and lose all of it, or get challenged to a duel and lose some of it... essentially, making it that much harder to show up to a fort battle with lots of money

people who are claiming this "cheapens" the game somehow are not thinking through exactly how difficult it will be for people to get items from these battles; and they are also not taking into account the fact that there is still a RANDOM LUCK CHANCE involved in what items you get, even if you organize a "push battle" and get $1 million in the item pot at the end... and the lack of withdrawal from the bank should be seen as a PURPOSEFUL step the devs took to make this not be something that is easy to accomplish
which reinforces the notion that this was meant to be discovered, and that the devs took care so that it would NOT cause imbalance in the game

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16806

I can tell you that of the 5-6 battles set up to get special weapons I've been a part of, only one has produced anything of value. That's effectively 100s of thousands of in game dollars for one player to have a shiny gun.

DeletedUser

I know of two that produced a total of 8 legendary weapons, and one of the elusive third keys.

DeletedUser

I can tell you that of the 5-6 battles set up to get special weapons I've been a part of, only one has produced anything of value. That's effectively 100s of thousands of in game dollars for one player to have a shiny gun.

People showing up with no money but claiming that they have it perhaps?