Weekly taxes

DeletedUser

Hi all

I am keen to see my town grow and prosper and am thinking about setting a weekly tax for town members to pay to the town treasury but before I suggest this to my town members I just wanted to check if was deemed acceptable in the game?

Also have others tried this and if so

how successful have you found it?
did you lose members in the process?
what sort of fee did you set?

Any feedback or advice regarding the above gratefully received.

Thanks

DeletedUser

I believe it is fairly normal, although most people committed to the town would pay more than the minimum required taxes in any case. The people that does not want to pay taxes, are typically not contributing in any case - are you really going to miss their contributions? It is normal however to exclude builders from taxes, since they don't earn money while building your town.

DeletedUser

I believe that the game should have "town membership tax" included. You wanna be a town member? Then pay the price town major set till the town buildings are maxed. But... There is no such option.

There is one basic problem in this game and you can see it on every new worlds - most of top50 players are not members of any town nor want to join until they're level 50+. Why? Because they "hate" PvP and don't want to be dueled! So why would they join a town? To shop? C'mon, some towns (like mine) offer shop passes for free, others are asking for 100-200$.
The good news is that soon we'll get an update that will make possible to duel people that are townless.

You're affraid that you'll lose some members? But that town of yours is not there just for you. It's for all townmembers. If they don't want to contribute, show them doors. And don't worry, you'll be able to recruit people that do understand that the bigger town they have, the better options will open. The people who will donate.

As emperor wes already said, do not press workers very hard, with the money they get from quests/jobs it would be better for the town if they buy some +11 construction tie or similar item instead of filling the town treasury.

DeletedUser16806

Unless you want to be active in a town, there is little to no incentive to be in a town. Mandating town taxes isn't going to help town membership.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the replies.

I think I will hold off and not set taxes as there is not really any incenticves for them to be paid. People can just leave and go to a free town.

I will continue to encourage people to particpate in building the town as they feel they can and can afford.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
People probably wont like it, if you put pressure on those that would have donated generously anyway they will donate less, you would make it up with donates forced out of newbie players but they wouldn't like you for it. It would work as a gimmick in a town of very tight, friendly players, which is a bit pointless really because they will donate as much as possible.

I let people donate as much as they want to, when they want to. People are reminded and encouraged to donate because of all the donation talk in the town, especially from the building teams. If we are running short on funds for something (building or a fort) I'll mass-mail everyone to let them know, the treasury is usually loaded the next day.

DeletedUser

wolker hai rotto la minkiaaaaaaaaaaa:unsure::razz: ciao donna... (x wolker

DeletedUser

ciao eros ciao wolker
o meglio ciamo eros dentro il mio corpo ciao teteeeeeeeeeee