The fort battle for the wealthiest - bring back game balance

DeletedUser

@VK
See yourself how lame this mechanism is. Clumsy money printer this game needn't.

DeletedUser

So not true,old worlds have many players who can spend 10k regularly.Me for example I can give you 100 grand if you promise me yarps bountline
Thats what i'm saying - this gambling is mostly for high level players who have lots of money and nothing interesting to do. :) As its gambling - results are uncertain and even spending 100k you might not get something interesting.
I wish that everything could be achieved by quests too but it is as it is so its either we adapt or whine or stop playing. Personally i find keys quest ridiculous - after major respecking needed to get 2 keys and long time since they were added no third key was found and noone knows what you get and how to get smth.

I look forward to see people wielding legendary weapons. It will bring another dimension to the game. But for Pete's sake do not give it out just to every mafia member. Keep its limited edition value.
I hope so too, but i'm not as optimistic as most of you are and dont expect to see many ppl with them - 10-50 at most in a year. So its pretty much limited edition :) try to organize such event and you'll see how "easy" it is to find these weapons.

... but rather to stop freeloaders showing up with $0 and walking away with an item without risking anything.
yes, thats one of the reasons why these fort battles are so rare. For example we didnt have any in W1.

.... I refuse to take any part in "forts" charade. I will not build them, I will not fight in them till the matter is resolved, or as thread title says:
Bring back the game balance.
If you dont fight and dont build forts - you are ignoring pat of a game. No wonder you are talking about "lack of balance", but it seems you lack it more, not the game. And you have shortage of knowledge in this area you call unbalanced. In future please learn something about things you make judgment of.

DeletedUser

If you dont fight and dont build forts - you are ignoring pat of a game. No wonder you are talking about "lack of balance", but it seems you lack it more, not the game. And you have shortage of knowledge in this area you call unbalanced. In future please learn something about things you make judgment of.
So I should be a cheater to say that cheating rox/sux? What kind of logic is that of yours?
You may be a #1 fort fighter in the whole universe, but that won't change the fact that fort fights currently are easy to abuse in order to get most powerful game items - and the abuse is already happening. If anyone is ignorant, that's you.
But no matter... You're my sunshine today. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23701

lvl 99 players have nothing interesting to do, why take away gambling option from them?

You can't grow more in game than lvl 99, nothing has been done to change it.
Before, you needed some 1.5y to get to lvl 99, right now I bet those are some 6 months, if work on levels hard + game understanding is lot better now.

So, kill old worlds and open new ones, so players again have option to grow and see result of their work. Levels, stats, etc

If you hit limits, give some option to have fun for old players aka gambling or some project aka geronimo or Texas rebellion.

DeletedUser23701

Speaking as a person who plays only on "old worlds". No.

w2 - lvl 99 worker
w12 - lvl 54 adventurer

I guess both are old. :p

I'm just thinking, let's kill all new features, as they might disbalance game.

DeletedUser

???
You must be joking. It is true that the last update disbalanced the game (limitless banking = impossible to rob soldiers), however the next update will deal with it (lost NPC duels will downgrade the overpowered soldier class and PvP in general).

Killing any new feature isa bad thing to do - anything is fixable. Fort fights need just a small adjustment - and that is changing the money brought based rewarding.

DeletedUser23701

Sorry, I was sarcastic.

Just pointless to be against everything new what is coming.

Updates are coming each 2 or so months.
Some features disbalanced game, so, Inno have to find balance again.
Some of new features will break balance again, but, no one is perfect => wait for next update.

At least I do see new features as refreshing the game and giving some life.
For some time it'll give fun back.

DeletedUser

in the new world they should undo all the changes theve made - see if theres a difference

DeletedUser

and i think the gambling battles will be good fun - make 10.000 then fight to the death for a good weapon which they probably wont use

DeletedUser

I think your right that the rewards system is poor but if there was a large fort battle that filled with all lvl 99; all equiped with a precise winchester; all 3000+hp and there was 1 survivor i think he would deserve a wyatt earps colt buntline.

DeletedUser

ok time to be a bit more blunt:

1st.If you are rich and high level and bored then tough luck on you, it's your "problem" not ours,it doesn't mean exploitation and violation of game mechanics are ok all of the sudden.

Forts were designed for fights,you are suppose to have a small chance of getting a great reward for fighting "real" battles and surviving them,not for some lame half-cooked cheats to get legendary weapons.Why? cause then they are no longer legendary they become shop at you next wall-mart(cheap store if you don't know what that is) fort and get yourself one.

2nd. The argument that this is primarily a high level issue is not valid.High level players obtaining these weapons will dramatically affect PVP(player versus player combat). Mid level players who might have been able to fight a high level that a "normal" weapons all the sudden wont be able to fight at all.Mid level players cannot fight high lvl that have legendary weapons.
So this affects balance of the game,this affects everyone.

3.There are people not interested in forts,and easy legendary fort drops is devastating to those player trying to get them the traditional quest way method(yes it is easy relative to the old quest way).It becomes ridiculous to try to quest for them.

DeletedUser23701

Sooner or later all will become high level players. What then? Low and middle level players should be lucky, because high level players are screaming for something and breaking ice.
When you get to lvl 99, you'll find out many options what you can use, what lvl 99 is missing now.
tbh all want to have legendary weapons or whatever to brag with.

Just imagine, 1 or 2 players will run around with legendary weapons, the rest will use old ones. Game will be more disbalanced in favour of those 2 players than if 200 players will run around with legendary weapons.

If people don't like duels or fort battles => why do they need legendary weapons and guns?

I'm killing your wish to obtain weapons over quests.
Why? Because players, who are working for town and with town and many other players, should have advantage, not individualists, who are thinking only about themselves, and is killing game by just being on their own.
Team work is fun. ;)

Hernando gave advantage for long time to melee duelers, but their disadvantage is ability to do quests and some work.
Belle gave some advantage to mid lvl firearm duelers, but later hernando will take over.

We can discuss till we loose pulse about pluses or minuses.
One is clear, you've to adopt to game and their features, which are implemented or changed time to time.

DeletedUser

3.There are people not interested in forts,and easy legendary fort drops is devastating to those player trying to get them the traditional quest way method(yes it is easy relative to the old quest way).It becomes ridiculous to try to quest for them.
I agree with your second argument in part - but i think you are overating weapons in general. Every dueler will tell that skills have more to do with winning then weapons. If person has no skills in dueling - he might have any weapon he wishes but he wont win. Of course if there is a tie in skills - weapon plays a biger role.

Your third argument show that you do not know much about these fort battles. If its so easy - did you get some weapon for yourself, did you organise such battles or even participated in them, do you even know people from your world that own such weapons or even created such battles? I think all or most of your answers will be no. Your fear/jealousy is probably talking here more not experience and reason.
i really do not think that low and mid level people will stop doing quests and will go to such fort battles instead. It is just too complicated, expensive and with uncertain rewards. When they finish all/most of the quests only then they'll start thinking about these battles as they will have nothing else to do and will want to have some fun.

DeletedUser

If people don't like duels or fort battles => why do they need legendary weapons and guns?

You can use a legendary weapons on the 4th of July with the fireworks and all ! Also if you hold it by the barrel you can use the handle to hammer nails around the house and stuff..:eek:hmy:
in other words your question is irrelevant and immaterial,you don't decide for people what use they will have for their gear.

blah blah blah
Team work is fun.
Again ,irrelevant unless you are trying to argue that because you are a team player you should be allowed to cheat and ghetto these weapons.
Besides you are not wanting the gear for your team or your town,you are wanting it for yourself so quit the BS thank you very much.

I wont bother to answer the rest of the red herrings about hernando or belle as they are not at all related to the subject at hand.

DeletedUser

Every dueler will tell that skills have more to do with winning then weapons.
Every dueler will tell you that everything being equal the weapon will decide the battle.DOH

Your third argument show that you do not know much about these fort battles. If its so easy - <snip>
Lets draw a picture just for you:
Questing to get legendary=hard to impossible < engineering forth battle to get weapons(!)
One of Einstein element in his theory of relativity:Everything is relative.Get with the program will yah ! :laugh:
I am not saying it is easy in absolute terms rather it is easy as compare to questing for it. ok? can we move on now?

Your fear/jealousy is probably talking here more not experience and reason.
Reason huh?
your ad hominem ( see logical fallacy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem) is not reasonable either.Character assassination (as oppose to attacking the ideas of the person) will not make make your argument stronger on the contrary it makes it appear that you are running out of steam so to speak :)

Look it's fairly simple it appears this is not what the designer(s) of this game intended (frankly it almost seems like a joke lol),we will need to hear from ZET the DEV i guess.There is a large portion of players that don't like this and would prefer to be done more "legit".

And that's all there is to it.

DeletedUser

A battle on world 9:

User name: CASH FORT BATTLE
Fort battle: Today at 10:30 PM

CLOSED FOR PRIVATE PARTY
MAKE SURE YOU SIGN UP ON THE SIDE YOUR ASKED AND GET IN CHAT
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE

divider.png

have a look at your name and join correct side D for defense A for attack.
1 Below me D
2 Tom43RN A
3 OtisAllen D
4 brabus1579 A
and so on..

DeletedUser

A battle on world 9:

User name: CASH FORT BATTLE
Fort battle: Today at 10:30 PM

CLOSED FOR PRIVATE PARTY

It's not only on that world, and yea, we know it's spreading, and yea, there is a forum member who's argument that it's not cheating nor abusing is this:
"you do not know much about these fort battles"

Like our IQ is 10.

And what can we do? Nothing at all. We can only hope devs see this and change the fort rewarding system as soon as possible.

DeletedUser16008

It's not only on that world, and yea, we know it's spreading, and yea, there is a forum member who's argument that it's not cheating nor abusing is this:

Like our IQ is 10.

And what can we do? Nothing at all. We can only hope devs see this and change the fort rewarding system as soon as possible.

Well there you go and yea im organizing that one. And guess what ill be running a large battle and asking everyone to carry 2k in just for fun and we will fight it out all the way thats 260 people and its open to anyone.

Asteras i suggest you pop along to that one

Its not cheating the devs organised it so this would only happen that way, their fault for doing it.. Besides as loads have already found out its very much a lottery if anything drops at all.

You sounding like a broken record, you dont like it fine, I happen to think the belles item has ruined the game plus a number of other things but hey thats the devs for you youll have to deal with it

Im sure now after roughly nearly two years of worlds that people have actually started started to find these other mythical items most will breath a sigh of relief they actually exist and can be gotten.

About time there were more items in a very very limited game anyway high time the devs did something about THAT.

In the meantime as there is nothing illegal about it and yes Ive checked out with various Moderators before doing it. So your opinion of cheating is clearly wrong :p

DeletedUser

Like our IQ is 10.

I don't think this is cheating or taking advantage of a bug - that's just the way fort battles are designed.

Everyone should take part or is left out on the weak side.
Until and if developers decide to change things.

So I am grateful for the invitation to participate.